Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 38 mal aufgerufen
 Forenspiele
jokergreen0220 Offline

ChAôt

15.11.2018 07:02
throwing a pass at the whistle Antworten

NEW YORK -- Brandon McCarthys wife had more trouble slogging through Yankee Stadium traffic than he did against the Cincinnati Reds. Joel Bitonio Jersey . McCarthy earned his first win for New York with an impressive debut in pinstripes, and Brett Gardner drove in three runs from the leadoff spot to send the Yankees past the Reds 7-1 on Saturday. Told his wife, Amanda, tweeted several wisecracks about all the highway congestion that delayed her arrival at the ballpark, McCarthy could only smile. "If everybody isnt apprised of what shes doing every few minutes, God knows what would happen," he said. Carlos Beltran homered, Kelly Johnson hit a two-run single and the Yankees ended Alfredo Simons six-game winning streak in the right-handers first outing since the All-Star game. Derek Jeter had an RBI single, and New York won the first two in a three-game interleague series, leaving Cincinnati with five straight road losses. "I think this is kind of a blip in the radar, but we certainly need to turn things around if we want to get that game tomorrow," Reds manager Bryan Price said. Acquired from Arizona in a July 6 trade, McCarthy (1-0) struck out nine and walked none over six innings in his second start for New York and first at home. He said the Yankees have encouraged him to throw his cutter, a pitch he was instructed to scrap with the Diamondbacks. "Hes got top-of-the-rotation stuff, and were really glad to have him," catcher Brian McCann said. "He was doing whatever he wanted to on the mound today." McCarthy threw 71 of 99 pitches for strikes, improving to 3-0 with a 1.78 ERA in his last four outings after winning only once in his initial 16 starts this season. "Actually, that was the frustrating part about the beginning part of the season is, I felt sharp," McCarthy said. "I felt like everything was where I wanted it to be, I just wasnt doing everything I needed to to get the best out of it. So I felt like Ive thrown better this year than any year in the past, its just the results havent followed." The right-hander was 3-10 with a 4.80 ERA for Arizona before New York obtained him to upgrade a rotation depleted by injuries to four starters. His first outing for the Yankees was a no-decision July 9 at Cleveland. "You realize that youre putting the pinstripes on for the first time, but I try and wash all that away as much as I can and just focus on execution, focus on my routine, what Im doing. All that stuff I can think about later," McCarthy said. "I mean, youre pitching for the Yankees, and thats an opportunity no matter what the circumstances are. For me, its at a point in my career where I want to be challenged. I really want to be in a pennant race. I wanted to be closer to the playoffs. I wanted to be in a market that is difficult. I wanted that kind of stuff to see if I could push myself to the next level, so its a great opportunity in that sense." A converted reliever, the surprising Simon (12-4) is tied for the big league lead in wins -- but he was betrayed Saturday by a Reds defence that entered with the highest fielding percentage and fewest errors in the majors. The right-hander allowed four runs -- two earned -- and five hits in five innings, the first time he failed to finish six innings since going 3 2-3 in a 6-3 loss at Dodger Stadium on May 27. He went 6-0 with a 2.47 ERA in his next eight starts. Chris Heisey homered for the Reds, struggling to mount much offence this weekend without injured boppers Joey Votto and Brandon Phillips. Adam Warren, Shawn Kelley and Matt Thornton finished for the Yankees, who struck out 13. It was the first time they whiffed that many without issuing a walk since July 7, 2006, at Tampa Bay. Cincinnati has struck out 23 times and walked once in the first two games of the series. "Weve got to pick it up a little bit," Todd Frazier said. "Thats not where we want to be." NOTES: Simon fell to 0-3 in seven games, including four starts, against the Yankees. ... McCarthy entered 0-2 with a 14.73 ERA in two starts and one relief appearance against Cincinnati. He had a 6.89 ERA in three previous starts at Yankee Stadium. ... Before the game, Frazier and Reds President of Baseball Operations Walt Jocketty gave Jeter framed jerseys autographed by the clubs two captains, Dave Concepcion and Barry Larkin. Jeter also was presented with three photos taken June 3, 2003, the day he was named the 11th Yankees captain while the team was in Cincinnati. ... Looking to avoid a three-game sweep, Cincinnati sends another All-Star to the mound Sunday when RHP Johnny Cueto (10-6, 2.13 ERA) faces RHP Hiroki Kuroda (6-6, 4.10). David Njoku Jersey . PAUL, Minn. Tavierre Thomas Jersey . Pinch-hitter Tommy Medica singled in the go-ahead run in the eighth inning and the Padres beat the Seattle Mariners 2-1 in their first home game since Gwynn died of cancer Monday. http://www.cheapbrownsjerseysonline.com/?tag=antonio-callaway-jersey-online .9 million deal Thursday. The 25-year McGinn had 19 goals and 19 assists in 79 games last season in helping the Avalanche tie a franchise record with 52 wins.PHOENIX - It was James Harden for the win, or overtime that seemed unimaginable halfway through the fourth quarter.Harden made the 20-foot jumper as time ran out to lift the Houston Rockets to a 113-111 win over Phoenix on Friday night after the Suns came back from 16 points down to tie the score.Its a great feeling, Harden said. We had a pretty solid lead, we knew they were going to make a run. Make it or miss it and go into overtime. I made it.Harden scored 33 points in the absence of injured star centre Dwight Howard, who didnt return after injuring his right ankle in the first quarter.Harden, the NBAs leading scorer entering the night at 27.2 points per game, added 10 assists and six rebounds and made 14 of 17 free-throw attempts for the Rockets. Donatas Motiejunas added 15 points as Houston improved to 24-2 when leading at halftime this season.Houston had to fend off a late rally by the Suns, trailed 102-86 midway through the fourth and tied it on Markieff Morris three-point play with 16.6 seconds to play. The Rockets then held the ball for the games last shot.We flattened it out for James and James has been making big shots all year, Rockets coach Kevin McHale said.Tie game on the road, you live for those moments, Harden said.Eric Bledsoe had 25 points, eight rebounds and nine assists to lead the Suns, who had won four straight overall and seven straight at home. Isaiah Thomas added 22 points and Morris had 21.Its tough when youre down and you fight so hard and you feel like you should have won and things like that happen, Thomas said of the winning shot.Harden had 18 points at halftime, including three 3-pointers on four attempts and a high-flying dunk 4.9 seconds before the halftime buzzer that gave the Rockets a 60-52 lead at the break.Howards night ended with just five points and three rebounds in about 8 1/2 minutes.The Rockets didnt seem to miss Howards 17-point, 11-rebounds-per-game averages, at least on the offensive end. They made 52.4 per cent of their shots and dominated in the paint, outscoring the Suns 64-46 inside. Joe Schobert Jersey. Six Rockets scored in double figures for the game.The Suns trailed by 10 at the start of the fourth quarter and were down 16 after Hardens layup with 6:11 to go. Phoenix then went on a 20-6 run to pull within two on Thomas 3 with 53 seconds remaining.Houston took a 12-point lead in the first quarter on a floater from Corey Brewer with 1:22 left to play. Before that, the Rockets hit four 3-pointers, two that got friendly bounces high off the rim and dropped in for Howard and Harden.Back-to-back 3s from Thomas pulled the Suns to 30-24 before the first quarter ended.I dont know what we were doing that first eight minutes. Its a sign that youre not ready to play and youre not focused, Suns coach Jeff Hornacek said.Phoenix cut the lead to 52-50 on Bledsoes 3 with 3:14 left in the first half. But Houston led by eight at the break.TIP-INSRockets: Harden was on the teams injury report going into the game with a bruised left knee ... G Patrick Beverleys hustle stopped a layup attempt in the third quarter when he stripped the Suns Goran Dragic and forced a lost ball out of bounds, then Dragic, a former Rockets player, was whistled for a technical foul for arguing. ... Houstons 30-14 record is its best through 44 games since the 1996-97 season, when the Rockets were 32-12. .. Harden has 11 double-doubles and a league-high 20 30-point games this season.Suns: Forward P.J. Tucker was issued a technical foul 26 seconds into the second half for getting in Hardens face, as it was explained to Hornacek ... Bledsoe has at least 25 points in back-to-back games for the first time this season.OUCH!Thomas drove baseline and drew a foul with 2:11 to play in the second quarter, throwing a pass at the whistle. The ball drilled official Scott Wall near his head as he tried to duck. Wall was OK.UP NEXTRockets: At Los Angeles Lakers on Sunday.Suns: Host Los Angeles Clippers on Sunday. Cheap Nike NFL Jerseys Cheap Adidas Hockey Jerseys Wholesale Nike Baseball Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys From China Wholesale Jerseys China Wholesale NFL Jerseys China Cheap Nike NFL Jerseys Free Shipping Cheap Nike NBA Jerseys Authentic Cheap NHL Jerseys Canada Cheap Nike MLB Jerseys Cheap Soccer Jerseys China NCAA Jerseys Cheap Nike NHL Jerseys China Wholesale Jerseys China Cheap Jerseys Store Cheap Football Jerseys Store Wholesale Soccer Jerseys Jerseys NCAA China Jerseys NFL Cheap Cheap Nike NBA Jerseys ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz