Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 32 mal aufgerufen
 Forenspiele
x123 Offline

ChAôt

07.08.2019 14:21
und up splitting the four-game series.Then they suffered a particularly embarrassing setback, dropping two of three games to the Antworten

MEMPHIS, Tennessee -- The Grizzlies have another new coach shaking up the lineup and once again Zach Randolphs number is being called.Coach David Fizdale will have the 15-year veteran Zach Randolph anchor the second unit instead of starting alongside center Marc Gasol.Randolph, who has started 820 of the 984 NBA games hes played, is on board with the move.Im going to do whatever it takes to help these young guys out and help this Grizzlies team win, Randolph said.Fizdale has decided that moving the 6-foot-9 Randolph, who turned 35 in July, to the bench this season will help the Grizzlies start games more up-tempo. JaMychal Green, 26 and entering his third year, will replace Randolph as the starter at power forward.Fizdale thought about the change over the summer after he was hired in late May to replace Dave J1oerger. With the league moving to a quicker, more athletic pace chasing Golden State, Fizdale also needed an offensive punch on the second unit making the idea of switching Randolph pretty clear.Were not going to beat teams and compete with those teams at a high level if we play slow basketball, Fizdale said. And, I just think that Marc and Zach together is not a formula for pace.The Grizzlies lumbering, slowdown, post-driven recipe anchored by Gasol and Randolph on the front line is a rarity in todays NBA. Last season, Memphis averaged 99.1 points -- one of seven teams scoring less than 100 points a game and the only playoff team under the century mark. The rest of the league averaged 102.7 points, led by Golden States 115.Randolph, who has known Fizdale since the forward was 19, is saying all the right things about the change:- He wants to help the Grizzlies win- Hes a team-first player.- He will play hard in whatever role he is given.- And he is pleased there is a clear direction from the start, not a midseason change.Its going to be better this year because I know how to prepare myself and know what to expect. I can get prepared, Randolph said.This isnt the first time a Memphis coach thought Randolph coming off the bench might better serve the team. Former coaches Lionel Hollins and Joerger both experimented with the idea with mixed results.I was just very direct with Z Bo. I was very respectful, Fizdale said. I laid out the plan on why and how he could still be extremely effective and help us win a title. I also put the goal in front of him that were going to go after the Sixth Man of the Year together.Fizdale also hopes to solve another problem by adding offensive punch to the reserves from a forward averaging 17 points and 9.4 rebounds per game over his career. Randolphs banging post play against younger players coupled with his ability to position himself for rebounds should help provide a more balanced rotation for the Grizzlies.The new coach is frank about the move, both in discussing the change publicly and in recounting his conversation with Randolph who is going into the final season of his contract.I said: `Z, I dont know if people are going to pay you to be a starter from here on out, Fizdale said. Thats not a knock on him. Father Time catches up to everyone a little bit. I said: `Lets show people that youre willing and able to come off the bench and be very effective.And, for now, Randolph seems willing to accept the challenge.He said he just wanted to try something, and hopefully, itll work. Randolph said. Im just going to go out and play my game. Greg Lloyd Jersey . Speaking to the Chicago Tribune at baseballs Winter Meetings in Lake Buena Vista, Florida, Boras called the former home of the Expos a "tremendous environment" for baseball. Hines Ward Steelers Jersey . 8 Iowa State on Saturday, sending the Cyclones to their third consecutive loss. The Longhorns (14-4, 3-2) got their biggest win of the season with their third in the row in the Big 12. http://www.steelerspronfl.com/Youth-Joe-Greene-Elite-Jersey/ . "Four now," Carl Gunnarsson told the Leaf Report proudly following a 5-2 victory over New York on Tuesday night, the clubs fifth straight at home. L.C. Greenwood Jersey . After dropping their final six games of December, the Wild opened the new calendar year with four consecutive wins. Following a loss to Colorado on Saturday, Minnesota rebounded the following night to blank Nashville 4-0, but then had the tables turned on them Tuesday. Diontae Johnson Youth Jersey . The Dane followed up his first European Tour title last weekend with eight birdies and just a single dropped shot on Thursday for a one-stroke advantage over South Africas Allan Versfeld and Portugals Ricardo Santos. BOSTON -- Its been a strenuous 10-game road trip for the majors best team, but the Texas Rangers are hoping to cap it off with a win against the Boston Red Sox on Wednesday night.Texas (53-32) reclaimed the top record in the league after the Chicago Cubs 9-5 loss to the Cincinnati Reds on Tuesday night.Of course, they had to claim a victory of their own to make that happen.That didnt turn out to be much of a problem, as the Rangers toppled the Red Sox for a 7-2 victory that brought them to 4-5 through the first nine games of their trip.Its key, especially going back home, Texas manager Jeff Banister said about the prospect of a win Wednesday. Tough road trip, second 10-game road trip in a very short period of time -- I think 37-game stretch.To go home .500 (on the road trip) I think it would be a big momentum boost for us, to go back home, get in our ballpark and head on into the break.The Rangers opened the trip with consecutive wins against the New York Yankees, but wound up splitting the four-game series.Then they suffered a particularly embarrassing setback, dropping two of three games to the league-worst Minnesota Twins before taking a 12-5 defeat Monday against the Red Sox.The team also had a 10-game trip from June 10-19, but they fared much better in that one with eight wins.Boston (45-38) suffered its ninth loss in 15 games Tuesday, dropping it to third place in the American League East.The team with six All-Stars -- four starters in David Ortiz, Xander Bogaerts, Mookie Betts and Jackie Bradley Jr.dddddddddddd -- could only muster a pair of runs against a team that has two -- Ian Desmond and Cole Hamels.Everybodys doing all right, said Bradley, who hit a solo home run Tuesday. I dont think we are as bad as were showing. Were definitely capable of putting together a good run. Hopefully that comes soon.Perhaps the Red Soxs most unlikely All-Star will be the man taking the mound on Wednesday.Right-hander Steven Wright (9-5, 2.42 ERA) has been the best pitcher on a staff that includes former Cy Young Award winner David Price and his mammoth $217 million contract.The knuckleballer is 0-2 against the Rangers with a 5.23 ERA in two starts -- including a June 25 start in Arlington during which he allowed a season-worst eight runs (three earned) on seven hits in a 4 2/3 inning defeat.Prince Fielder is 3-for-6 against Wright while Desmond is 1-for-3 with a solo homer.Texas counters with left-hander Martin Perez, who held the Red Sox to one run on six hits and two walks with two strikeouts over six innings in a 6-2 victory on June 26.Perez is 2-1 with a 4.91 ERA in four starts versus Boston. Ortiz is 2-for-6 with a solo homer against Perez while Pedroia is 3-for-11. ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz