Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 43 mal aufgerufen
 Forenspiele
t123 Offline

ChAôt

16.05.2019 07:57
that play had been abandoned.And with that the lonely groundsman trud Antworten

INDEPENDENCE, Ohio -- Just minutes after signing with Cleveland, Andrew Bynum proclaimed the Cavaliers to be a playoff team. Whether his ailing knees allow him to be the starting centre remains to be seen. "Getting my career on track is my only goal for the season," Bynum said Friday at his introductory press conference Friday. "The Cavs have given me every opportunity to succeed, and weve put together a plan. I really believe in the doctors here and the training staff. "I want to play a full season, and there is no doubt in my mind I can do that. Im going to be ready for training camp, thats the plan." Bynum signed a two-year, $24 million contract with the Cavaliers, officially ending his star-crossed stay with the Philadelphia 76ers. The 7-footer missed all of last season with knee problems after being acquired from the Lakers in a four-team trade. Though Bynum underwent bilateral arthroscopic surgery on both knees in March and has not been medically cleared to run, Cleveland general manager Chris Grant made him the teams top priority in free agency. The 25-year-old also was courted by the Mavericks and Hawks. "Were all aware of what his injuries have been," Grant said. "Hes also well aware of that and has taken ownership of the process. Andrew is in a different place right now and hes excited to move forward. Were going to do everything we possibly can." The Cavaliers only guaranteed Bynum $6 million in the first year of the deal, but he could earn an additional $6 million through performance incentives. Cleveland holds a $12 million team option for the second season. Bynum, who hasnt appeared in an NBA game since May 21, 2012, made $16.9 million last year with Philadelphia. He averaged 18.7 points and 11.7 rebounds for the Lakers two seasons ago -- earning his lone All-Star selection -- while playing under Cavaliers coach Mike Brown. "I was an All-Star in this league, but I feel like I still have a lot of room to grow," said Bynum, the No. 10 overall pick in the 2005 draft. "I had a year off, a year to watch basketball and learn the game from the outside in. I saw what I need to do. "With the time off, Ive been able to get the swelling in my knees out, so Im anxious and ready to start. Ive already moved to Cleveland, and come Monday, Ill be working here every day." The New Jersey native appeared to be in good shape, which he credited to "non-weight bearing exercises Ive been doing to strengthen my legs." Bynum added that he weighed 305 pounds, but planned on being at his playing weight of 285 by the start of the regular season. If Bynum is healthy, he gives the Cavaliers a formidable three-man core with All-Star point guard Kyrie Irving and power forward Anderson Varejao. Cleveland signed point guard Jarrett Jack and small forward Earl Clark earlier in this free agency period, giving it three additions with significant playoff experience. The Cavaliers also drafted UNLV power forward Anthony Bennett with the top overall pick, and has another developing big man in third-year pro Tristan Thompson. "Kyries talent is world renowned," Bynum said. "Not having had the opportunity to play with a great point guard, a great one-five (point guard-centre) combination is always a key in this game that we play. "I also cant wait to play with Anderson, honestly, because he brings a kind of energy and passion for the game that I havent been around before. We have the talent, and we definitely have an opportunity to go far." The 76ers had the same intentions last year, but skidded to a 34-48 campaign after dealing All-Star swingman Andre Iguodala and centre Nikola Vucevic as part of the package for Bynum. His work ethic was called into question when he was unable to play in November, and his reputation suffered more damage after opting for season-ending surgery five months later. "I was completely surprised with the way things turned out in Philly," said Bynum, who has a .566 career field goal percentage. "I showed up and I was in playing shape, and I had every intention of playing. Its just unfortunate it didnt work out. The criticism, I thought, was unfair, but it comes with the territory." Cleveland went 24-58 last season, making it 64-166 in three years since Akron native LeBron James left the franchise to sign with the Miami Heat as a free agent. James is eligible to opt out of his contract next summer, when the Cavaliers will be at least $20 million under the salary cap and hope to add the final piece to their puzzle. Bynum understands that he cant change what occurred in Philadelphia, but he can affect the future in Cleveland. "I want to get this team back into the playoffs and make some noise," he said. "The Cleveland fans deserve that. I will bring leadership and experience to the great young nucleus of guys we have here. We have the talent. Now, all its going to take is hard work, and Im willing to do that." ---- NOTES: The Cavaliers waived PF Kevin Jones and PG Chris Quinn in order to clear the salary cap room to sign Bynum. Both players were on Clevelands summer league roster, but had non-guaranteed contracts. ... The Cavaliers have renounced the rights to PF Luke Walton, but Grant said the door remains open for him to return. ... Russian rookie SF Sergey Karasev will make his first visit to Cleveland next week. The No. 19 pick in the draft has been playing professionally overseas, but will join the Cavaliers this season. Clearance Jordans Shoes NZ . Philadelphia is 2-0 against the Senators this season and scored five goals in each victory. The Flyers recorded a 5-0 win in Ottawa on Nov. 12 and then earned a 5-2 home decision on Nov. 19. The Flyers have claimed three straight and four of the last five encounters with the Sens overall and Philly has won two in a row and three of its past four tests in Canadas capital city. Discount Jordans NZ . It was hard for Luck to pull off another comeback, or even get into the end zone, while standing on the sideline. Rivers threw a 22-yard touchdown pass to rookie Keenan Allen and Nick Novak kicked four field goals to give the Chargers a 19-9 victory against the Colts on Monday night. http://www.airjordanoutletnz.com/ . The parade and rally were held to celebrate the Saskatchewan Roughriders 45-23 win over the Hamilton Tiger-Cats on Sunday in the CFLs championship game. Cheap Shoes NX . Goals from Jerome Boateng, Franck Ribery and Thomas Mueller extended Bayerns unbeaten run to a record 37 matches. "This record is incredible," Bayern coach Pep Guardiola said. Cheap Air Jordan NZ . Anthony Calvillo, through 20 CFL seasons, was frequently invincible and largely stoic in the heat of competition. But underneath the professional exterior he was, and is, compellingly human. Hampshire 219 and 173 for 4 (Alsop 53, Gregory 3-26) trail Somerset 474 for 8 dec by 82 runsScorecard There was a heavy sense of sadness about this, the flattest of days, at the Ageas Bowl. Played out in front of a smattering of barely 100 people, a crowd described by one seasoned journalist as the smallest he had seen here for at least a decade; bottom of the table, relegation-threatened Hampshire battled and blocked, nudged and nurdled and waited for the forecasted rain to fall.It is at times like these that a club needs its senior players. In Michael Carberry, Hampshire have one who stood up better than most to some of the fastest bowling in history when Mitchell Johnson ripped England apart in the 2013-14 Ashes. Shortly after that, perhaps harshly, Carberrys international career came to an end and Dale Benkenstein, the Hampshire coach, revealed it has not been an easy adjustment for Carberry to make. This season season his average hovers around the mid-20s.As part of Hampshires attempt to re-motivate Carberry they have shifted him down the order to No. 4 to give him a new challenge and the management will have been pleased with the fight he showed, closing on an unbeaten 37, alongside Sean Ervine in a 52-run stand before play was halted.We are trying to find some motivation for Carbs, explained Benkenstein. I think its tough when you dont have England anymore. You just lose your oxygen. When youve had one thing as your goal and suddenly it goes, and youve never really thought about anything else - youve always wanted to play for England. Ive seen that with a few senior players in my career as captain.Physically and skill-wise he could play for many more years, but at this level you have got to have a real hunger to play. Especially as a batsman you have to have that hunger for runs because you are getting a year older and guys are getting faster and better and they have ambition to play for England and you tend to see guys drop off quite quickly.Weve found he is actually playing quite well but keeps getting out, Benkenstein said of the move to bat him down the order. The new ball is always tough in England and we thought maybe its a chance to free him up a bit and take him away from the new ball. Just changing his role gives him a bit of a mini-challenge and we are hoping that stimulates him.Hampshire will hope Carberry can flourish in the second half of the season. Play began under a warming sun, but as the day wore on, the clouds thickened and darkened and like the looming threat of Hampshires relegation, they sllowly closed in.ddddddddddddWhen, at 3.18pm the umpires decided the light was too bad for play to continue Ervine and Carberry could hardly have left the pitch much quicker. Less than five minutes later it started to rain and the players never returned.More rain is forecast tomorrow and Hampshire could well escape this match with a draw but having been hoping for rain since mid-afternoon on day one, it will be with a heavy heart that they make the five hour drive to Chester-le-Street on Saturday.This pitch has been very slow, too slow to produce particularly intriguing cricket, and without the blanket of dark clouds under which they bowled on the first day, Somerset must have felt what it was like to bowl several overs in Hampshires shoes on day two as the hosts fought admirably against some accurate bowling.Unlike Somersets batsmen however, Hampshires were unable to convert strong starts into significant scores. All three of the wickets to fall were self-inflicted.Tom Alsop was the first to go when shortly before lunch he was caught at second slip having tried to cut a ball from Peter Trego that was too straight to do so to and angling in further still. Alsops wicket ended a stoic partnership of 89 - tellingly Hampshires best second-wicket stand of the season.That Alsop received a generous reception from Hampshires members for his 53 when he finally reached the pavilion, head bowed, bat hanging limply by his side and dragging along the turf, is perhaps emblematic of the clubs readjusted expectations. A good effort it was, but ultimately not good enough.After the interval Will Smith dragged on to Lewis Gregory and when Liam Dawsons limp push outside off stump ended up in the hands of second slip there was a possibility Hampshire were not even going to beat the rain, let alone Somerset.After an hour of thick, miserly rain, with darkness enveloping the ground and puddles forming on the covers, the floodlights were unceremoniously switched off. Ten minutes after that, with the ground practically deserted but for a lone member of the ground staff, the PA system echoed around the stadium confirming to no one but the assembled press that play had been abandoned.And with that the lonely groundsman trudged across the outfield and disappeared into the bowels of the stadium, the only sound he left behind him was the gentle patter of rain on the covers as a melancholy day crept slowly towards its end. ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz