Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 32 mal aufgerufen
 Forenspiele
t123 Offline

ChAôt

16.05.2019 07:55
ut a day before. Davidson had a screw inserted to repair his foot and the White Sox dont know how long hell be out. They recalle Antworten

KANSAS CITY, Mo. -- The Kansas City Royals offense has been historically bad of late.The Royals set a club record by scoring three or fewer runs in a ninth consecutive game, and Devon Travis hit his second homer of the game in the ninth inning to lift the Toronto Blue Jays over Kansas City 4-3 on Friday night.The Royals have averaged 2.2 runs and hit .205 in this stretch.Its a broken record, Royals manager Ned Yost said. We just have to find a way to put some runs on the board.With one out in the ninth inning, Paulo Orlando reached second on a throwing error but was caught trying to steal third base. Jarrod Dyson then got a pinch-hit single that likely would have scored Orlando from second base.He didnt get a great jump, but he didnt get a horrible jump, Yost said. We cant sit back. We havent got a lot of hits in the last couple of weeks. Youve got to try to put yourself in position to tie that ball game without the benefit of a hit.Travis led off the game with a home run, then ripped a 1-2 pitch from Kelvin Herrera (1-3) into the Royals bullpen for his first career multihomer game.It definitely up and out of the zone, Yost said. Ive never seen anybody hit a pitch like that off of Herrera.Travis hit Herreras 97 mph high fastball.I dont know how the guy hit that ball, Herrera said. I was shocked.Travis is not sure how he hit it that far either.I kind of blacked out, Travis said. Im going to go look at the tape. I just tried to open my eyes as wide as I can against him. Hes hard enough to see, a hundred (mph fastball) as it is. Im just thankful everything worked out.Left-hander Brett Cecil (1-6) pitched a spotless eighth for the victory.Francisco Liriano made his first start with the Blue Jays after being acquired in a trade Monday with Pittsburgh and yielded three runs, seven hits and two walks while striking out three. Liriano had allowed 11 runs, 14 hits -- including four home runs -- and eight walks in 8 1/3 innings while losing his final two starts with the Pirates.Joaquin Benoit worked the ninth for his first save since Sept. 3 while with the San Diego Padres. Closer Roberto Osuna was unavailable after pitching the previous two days and in three of the past four.Right-hander Dillon Gee held the Blue Jays to three runs and four hits over six innings. He gave up a leadoff homer to Travis, then worked his way into and out of a bases-loaded jam in the first.Theyre a great lineup, Gee said. I was just trying to give us a chance to win. I was able to do that. I didnt feel great tonight. It was a battle for sure.Gee walked Josh Donaldson and Edwin Encarnacion in the third and both scored. Michael Saunders double scored Donaldson, and Encarnacion came home on Troy Tulowitzkis groundout, giving the Blue Jays a 3-1 advantage.The Royals tied it in the fifth on Orlandos leadoff home run and Lorenzo Cains run-producing triple with two outs.TRAINERS ROOMRoyals: RHP Kris Medlen (rotator cuff inflammation) threw a bullpen session and could begin a minor league rehab assignment soon. ... LHP Jason Vargas, who has not pitched since July 21, 2015 and needed reconstructive elbow surgery, will make his first rehab start Saturday in the Arizona League. He is scheduled to pitch two innings.UP NEXTBlue Jays: RHP Aaron Sanchez has not lost since April 22 to Oakland and makes his first August start after going 3-0 with a 1.59 ERA in July. He held the Royals to three hits and one run over eight innings in a victory July 4.Royals: LHP Danny Duffy struck out a franchise-record 16 Rays in his start Monday and lost his no-hit bid on Desmond Jennings double in the eighth. Wholesale New Balance Canada Fast Shipping . Bryzgalov stopped 25 shots on Saturday in the Oklahoma City Barons 4-1 victory over the Abbotsford Heat. The Oilers signed Bryzgalov to a one-year $2 million contract last Friday after shedding payroll by dealing defenceman Ladislav Smid to the Flames. Cheap New Balance Canada Outlet .B. - Sebastien Auger made 44 saves as the Saint John Sea Dogs edged the visiting Acadie-Bathurst Titan 2-1 on Saturday in Quebec Major Junior Hockey League action. http://www.clearancenewbalancecanada.com/ .S District Court against Major League Baseball, the Office of the Commissioner and his own union, the MLBPA. New Balance Canada Outlet . -- Vincent Lecavalier got everything but the desired result in his return to Tampa Bay. Discount New Balance Canada .com) - Richie Incognito has reportedly been admitted to a psychiatric care unit in Arizona. HOUSTON -- Miguel Gonzalez pitched well on Friday night.Unfortunately, the Chicago White Sox offense couldnt do anything to help him out.Carlos Gomez hit a two-run homer and Mike Fiers and three relievers combined for a shutout to help the surging Houston Astros to a 5-0 victory over the White Sox.Gonzalez yielded three hits and two runs in a season-high seven innings.I was staying ahead and I thought that all of my pitches were pretty good, he said. It was just a tough one to swallow, but its just part of the game.It was Houstons fourth straight victory and 11th in the last 12 games.Fiers (6-3) scattered four hits over six innings. Ken Giles and Luke Gregerson didnt allow a hit in an inning each and Chris Devenski threw a scoreless ninth.The White Sox finished with five hits and went 0 for 6 with runners in scoring position.The Astros didnt have a baserunner until Gonzalez (1-4) plunked George Springer to start the fourth inning. He then walked Luis Valbuena before Jose Altuve grounded into a double play that left Springer at third.Houstons first hit came next when Carlos Correas strange infield popup dropped in front of shortstop Tim Anderson and allowed Springer to score and make it 1-0.Gonzalez lamented that no one was able to get to it before it dropped.Looking back on it for the future, someones just got to go all out for it, he said. Its just such a tough play and you almost never see it. It was really tough because it cost us a run, but it wont happen again. Well make that play.Gomez padded the lead when he sent one into the seats in left field with one out in the seventh to make it 3-0. Correa reached on an error by third baseman Tyler Saladino before Gomezs shot.He only really gave up a couple of hits and the run he gave up was something unusual, manager Robin Ventura said of Gonzalez. I thought he was great. He was really good until Gomez got him. I thought, all thee way around, he was just sharp.ddddddddddddGomez has started heating up after a tough start to the season that included a May when he hit just .136. He has hit four homers, five doubles and driven in 15 runs since June 5 to boost his average from .182 to .225.Houston first baseman A.J. Reed got his first major league hit with a single with two outs in the fifth inning. He was 0 for 16 since being called up on Saturday before the hit.Valbuena added an RBI double in the eighth and Colby Rasmus had a run-scoring single in that inning to make it 5-0.ALTUVES STREAK ENDSAltuve went 0 for 4 without a walk to end a streak where he reached safely in a career-high 32 straight games. The streak was the longest by an Astro since Lance Berkman did it in 37 straight games from July 30-Sept. 8, 2004.TRAINERS ROOMWhite Sox: 3B Matt Davidson had surgery on Friday after breaking his right foot rounding first base in his White Sox debut a day before. Davidson had a screw inserted to repair his foot and the White Sox dont know how long hell be out. They recalled INF Carlos Sanchez from Triple-A Charlotte before Fridays game to take his spot on the roster.Astros: RHP Lance McCullers, who was scratched from his last start on Tuesday with a blister on his right index finger, is doing better and is expected to make his next start on Monday.UP NEXTWhite Sox: Chris Sale (13-2, 2.79) is scheduled to pitch for Chicago on Saturday. Sale, who leads the majors with 13 wins, has a four-game winning streak. Sale is 4-1 with a 0.66 ERA and 56 strikeouts in five career starts against Houston.Astros: Doug Fister (8-4, 3.36) will start for Houston on Saturday. Fister allowed eight hits and four runs in 6 2/3 innings of a loss to the Royals on Sunday to snap a seven-game winning streak. ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz