Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 33 mal aufgerufen
 Forenspiele
t123 Offline

ChAôt

29.04.2019 09:35
not been in the field this year. He had two appearances at first last season, playing the entire game April 11 against Boston a Antworten

NEW YORK -- Having lost his everyday designated hitter job due to a season-long slump, Alex Rodriguez was back at first base taking ground balls before the New York Yankees opened the second half against Boston on Friday night.Rodriguez, who turns 41 on July 27, has not been in the field this year. He had two appearances at first last season, playing the entire game April 11 against Boston and moving there for the final three outs of a blowout loss to Texas on May 23.Last year we were not able to get him comfortable. He wants to try it again, Yankees manager Joe Girardi said. He came to us, and Im not going to deny a player a chance, in that sense, so the fact that he wants to try to get comfortable is a good sign.Rodriguez is hitting .220 with eight homers and 28 RBI in 186 at-bats, including .198 with five homers and 17 RBI in 126 at-bats against righties. A-Rods start Friday night against All-Star knuckleballer Steven Wright was just his second since June 30.I think its a mental test for him, in a sense, Girardi said. Physically I think he has the skills. He has the hands. He has the ability to throw. He understands the game. So I think its more of a mental: Do I feel comfortable enough to go out there at first base?Girardi would like more options at first. Mark Teixeira, Dustin Ackley, Greg Bird and Chris Parmelee have all spent time on the disabled list. While back, Teixeira is limited by his right knee.Four days has been about his limit. He gets fairly sore, Girardi said.Girardi also disclosed slumping Nathan Eovaldi will rejoin the rotation Tuesday against Baltimore, a day after Ivan Nova starts the series opener. New York began the second half at 44-44, 5 1/2 games back for the ALs second wild card.Only four Yankees had outstanding first halves: right fielder Carlos Beltran, and relievers Dellin Betances, Andrew Miller and Aroldis Chapman.Consistency is the word thats going to ring out loud here, Girardi said. Thats how you put long streaks together where you win six out of seven, you win 14 out of 17, if your starting pitching is consistent. Our offense has to be consistent, where we put up runs on a consistent basis. And the other thing I think is really important is the bullpen besides the last three guys.The 10-game homestand, which ends with three games against San Francisco, likely will determine whether the Yankees start to deal veterans before the Aug. 1 trade deadline.Yeah, I think its fair to say that, Girardi acknowledged. I think that we have to make up ground or win games, or were going to be in a pretty tough position. Wholesale Nike Free Shoes Free Shipping .ca NFL Power Rankings, overtaking the Denver Broncos and remaining ahead of NFC competition San Francisco, Carolina and New Orleans. Cheap China Nike Free Shoes . Walcott is available for Saturdays home match against Southampton as Arsenal looks to extend its two-point lead at the top of the Premier League. The Gunners are currently the second highest scorers in the league but Wenger insists Walcott will add something extra to his team. http://www.nikefreecheap.com/ .Y. -- The Buffalo Sabres have placed centre Cody Hodgson on injured reserve and recalled two players from their AHL affiliate in Rochester. Cheap Nike Free Shoes Cheap Nike Free Shoes Wholesale . PETERSBURG, Fla. HUNTINGTON, W.Va. -- Stevie Browning made 8 of 10 shots and scored 21 points to help Marshall beat Division II West Virginia Wesleyan 81-65 on Monday night.Milan Mijovic attempted his first 3-pointer of his three-year career and made it to give Marshall a 56-43 lead with 13:31 remaining. Aleksa Nikolic made Marshalls 10th 3-pointer with 8:50 left for a 68-49 lead and Marshall coasted.Nikolic finished with 13 points, C.J. Burks added 11 and Jon Elmore had 10 points and seven rebounds for Marshall (7-4), which remained unbeatten at home.ddddddddddddNikolic and Burks had back-to-back dunks for a 10-2 lead. Marshall extended it to 21-4 after nine-plus minutes and the Thundering Herd led 41-26 at halftime behind Brownings 13 points.Luke Layhew paced West Virginia Wesleyan with 13 points and eight rebounds. Clay Todd added 12 and eight, and Fred Brondsted scored 10 for the Bobcats, who were held to 38.1 percent shooting. ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz