Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 35 mal aufgerufen
 Forenspiele
jj009 Offline

ChAôt

28.04.2019 03:41
ut we kind of have our questions answered as to our game plan for him.... It was an opportunity for us -- heres a guy that was a Antworten

Jacksonville Jaguars general manager Dave Caldwell viewed bringing in Greg Hardy for a workout last week as a fact-finding mission rather than an attempt to bolster their pass rush.Caldwell said Monday that the Jaguars didnt intend to sign Hardy after his two-day workout last Wednesday and Thursday but wanted to see him on the field and meet with him so they would have enough information about the free-agent defensive end should they decide to pursue him in the future.It was really to find out more about him so we dont have any questions going into the season, Caldwell said. Theres no what-ifs for us right now. There could have been a what-if Week 3, Week 4 or into the preseason, but we kind of have our questions answered as to our game plan for him.... It was an opportunity for us -- heres a guy that was a franchise defensive end two years ago sitting out on the street -- to bring him in, work him out and try to find out the facts where hes at, the truth behind everything that surrounds him and just do our homework.Caldwell said the team spoke with Hardy about his domestic violence conviction and eventual dismissal as well as events that transpired last season while he was a member of the Dallas Cowboys. However, Caldwell said he wouldnt go into the specifics of what the team asked and Hardys responses.We brought him in and he did a workout, Caldwell said. Its not often you get your chance to put your hands on a player of that caliber to work him out. So well just see where its at. We have no imminent plans of signing him at this point, but it was good to get him in here and find out about him.Hardy, 27, has 40 sacks in six seasons, including six last season. The Cowboys did not renew his contract, and he went unsigned during free agency.Hardy was suspended for the first four games of the 2015 season for violating the NFLs personal conduct policy in connection with a 2014 domestic violence incident. He was accused of assaulting then-girlfriend Nicole Holder; he allegedly threw her into a bathtub and on a futon covered with guns and tried to choke her. A judge in Mecklenburg County, North Carolina, found him guilty on charges of domestic violence in July 2014.Hardy denied the charges and said Holder was under the influence of alcohol and was angry because he told her to leave his home. He appealed the conviction, and the case was dismissed in February 2015 after prosecutors said they were unable to locate Holder. The prosecutors also said Holder had reached a settlement with Hardy.In addition, Hardy stirred controversy throughout the 2015 season with several comments, including saying he was going to come out guns blazing in his return to the field. Hardy also shoved an assistant coach and got into a shouting match on the sideline with Cowboys receiver Dez Bryant.Caldwell said he was aware of a potential public relations backlash if the team were to sign Hardy and said that decision would not be made lightly.Domestic violence is a serious issue, Caldwell said. Theres no place for it in the world, let alone the NFL. But I think for us, were going to do whats best for our team. We have 52 players that want to win. We have a coaching staff that wants to win as much as our fan base. Were going to turn over every rock, but not at any price.The Jaguars lack a veteran edge rusher and did have conversations with Hardys agent during free agency, but did not pursue him at that time.Jacksonville tried to sign Olivier Vernon in free agency, but he agreed to a five-year, $85 million deal with the New York Giants. The Jaguars top two edge rushers are Dante Fowler, Jr., who missed his rookie season in 2015 after suffering a torn left ACL on the first day of rookie minicamp, and rookie Yannick Ngakoue, the teams third-round draft pick. Old Skool Ireland From China . - Derek Wolfe says hes finally healthy after suffering a seizure in November that doctors now believe was related to the spinal cord injury he suffered in the preseason. Wholesale Old Skool Ireland . LOUIS -- Roman Polak was celebrating even before Alexander Steen scored the winning goal in Saturdays 4-2 win over the Carolina Hurricanes. http://www.oldskooloutletireland.com/ . With Parker having a quiet game for once, Nicolas Batum and Boris Diaw provided the scoring as France won its first major basketball title by beating Lithuania 80-66 on Sunday. It was a victory that ended a decade of frustration for Parker and a talented French generation, which lost the final against Spain two years ago and took bronze in 2005. Cheap Old Skool Ireland . Booth picked up 65 caps after making her national team debut in 2002 at the age of 17. She most recently played for Sky Blue FC of the National Womens Soccer League. "It just felt like it was my time to move on," she said in a phone interview from her hometown of Burlington, Ont. Vans Old Skool Shoes Ireland . Thousands of Southern California fans enveloped the Trojans to celebrate an improbable win secured by an interim coach, an inconsistent kicker and a thin defence that wouldnt break.Former England wicketkeeper Jack Russell used to paint when he wasnt playing cricket, while India captain MS Dhoni can often be found scooting along on a motorbike. For New Zealand batsman Ross Taylor, though, time away from the middle means one thing - the chance to get his caffeine fix.Ive definitely got a coffee problem, said the Black Caps star during his stint as an IPL pundit for Sky Sports. Away from cricket, if Im not in Nandos, Ill definitely be in a café.Im getting quite fussy about my coffee now, so I need a really strong one - Im into cortados at the minute but the trouble is I cant get by with just one, its usually three or four! Ross explains how he looks to accelerate towards the back-end of a one-day innings If Taylor has been swigging fancy beverages lately, hes been doing it on the South Coast of England, having signed a deal to play for Sussex until July.The 32-year-old, who has made scores of 12 and 22 in his two Championship innings for the Hove outfit to date, is relishing his role as a senior player.I have had several enjoyable seasons at the IPL but I have always dreamed about playing county cricket, said Taylor, who played T20 cricket for Durham in 2010. I haven’t been brave enough to go to the beach yet – it’s been pretty cold, to be fair – but I may have a dip when the family arrives in a few weeks. Ross Taylor My kids will be starting school soon so I thought that before I get too old and too slow Id better come and find a team and Sussex have been very welcoming.Ive had a pretty slow start but hopefully I can score some runs and pass on some knowledge.I have played in a fair few tournaments, at home as well as in the Caribbean and India, and have learnt lots along the way, so I enjoy trying to upskill not just young players but coaches as well.But which of Sussexs young guns have impressed Taylor most? Sussex pacer George Garton played for England at this years Under-19 World Cup (Left-arm seamer) George Garton has got a big future - he is pretty raw but he is fast and has an x-factor with the ball - while I like the look of (all-rounder) Ollie Robinson, too, he said.He had an outstanding time last season and while it will be tougher for him this year with people looking out for him a bit more, I expect him to go well again, with both bat and ball.Taylor will next be in action for New Zealand in AAugust when the Kiwis embark on a two-Test tour of South Africa.ddddddddddddKane Williamson is now captaining the Black Caps following Brendon McCullums retirement from international cricket prior to the World Twenty20, a tournament in which Williamson steered his side to the semi-finals. Kane Williamson is third in the ICC Test batting rankings McCullums New Zealand earned plenty of admirers - and on-field success - due to their aggressive approach to the game, but Taylor insists the future is equally bright with Williamson at the helm, even if the new captain and the old one are vastly different characters.Brendon brought the team together - he stamped his authority with the bat and as captain and really gave us the belief to go out and express ourselves, said the batsman.He was right out there and changed the field every two balls because he got bored, while Kane is a lot calmer but Kane, who will have learnt a lot from Brendon, captained well at the World T20, so the world after McCullum looks pretty rosy. The depth is as good as it has been in a long time – we’ve got 15 or 20 players who can play for New Zealand on any given day, whereas in the past we may only have had seven or eight class players. Ross Taylor on New Zealand Williamson led by example long before he was appointed skipper, the 25-year-old averaging almost 62 with the bat in Test cricket in 2014 and a whopping 90.15 in 2015, notching nine tons in that time.He is a world-class player who has been up there with Virat Kohli and Joe Root over the last few years, added Taylor. We always knew he was a quality player but he has probably exceeded expectations a little bit.I love batting with him as we do tend to get runs together, him more so than me! We bat differently, hitting balls in different areas, and he makes my job easier when I come out to the middle as he can dig in or score quickly, depending on the situation.We have a good understanding - albeit that weve run each other out a few times!The IPL is live and exclusive in its entirety on Sky Sports. Click here for TV times. Ross Taylor has a go at power hitting in the IPL Zone Also See: Sussex fixtures/results Indian Premier League 2016 Get Sky Sports Live cricket on Sky ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz