Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 41 mal aufgerufen
 Forenspiele
jj009 Offline

ChAôt

28.01.2020 03:11
heir approach than at Lords, finding the right balance between not allowing Yasir to settle but avoiding anything as reckless as Antworten

RIO DE JANEIRO -- Venus Williams wont reveal where she keeps her Olympic medals. Its always my secret, she says. But underwear drawer or trophy room, the five of them -- four gold, one silver -- is a total that signifies something only one other player has ever done. More so, it highlights the longevity that has characterized Williams career.The only other player to win as many medals as Williams was Great Britains Kitty McKane, who did it over two Olympics in 1920 and 1924. It should also be noted that when the 36-year-old Williams, who first struck gold at the 2000 Games, was asked Sunday whether she might consider the 2020 Tokyo Olympics, she did not spit out her water.God willing, I imagine if I really want to be there, I could, said the five-time Olympian. Tokyo is about if I really want to be there, and if I want to continue to work this hard. Its a lot of hard work, and I will want to have to do the work. So well see.Williams and her partner in the Rio event, Rajeev Ram, certainly did the work Sunday, despite losing the gold-medal mixed-doubles match to fellow Americans Bethanie Mattek-Sands and Jack Sock, 6-7 (3), 6-1, (10-7), the latter score a 10-point tiebreaker, which is used in three of the four Grand Slam tournaments.Williams came into the tournament with a virus and lost in the first round of singles and doubles with sister Serena. Ram was summoned to join Venus just a few days before opening ceremonies, when defending mens doubles gold medalists Bob and Mike Bryan withdrew.It wasnt a tough choice to come to Rio, said Ram, who had to skip the Atlanta Open. No, the Olympics is something that only comes around every four years, and Atlanta comes around a lot. I was happy to skip that one.Ram, 32, who has known Venus throughout their careers and is coming off a Wimbledon semifinal finish in doubles, was happy to stick around Rio after losing with partner Brian Baker in mens doubles in the second round. Venus was equally as delighted to help the first-time Olympian win a silver medal.Its been an amazing partnership, she said. We really couldnt have asked for more. I mean we played a real good match. We faced a lot of great opponents. Its nice to be sitting right here with him.It was the second one-two finish in this event for the U.S. since 1924, when Hazel Wightman and Richard Williams defeated Marion Jessup and Vincent Richards.Mattek-Sands, like Sock, is a first-time Olympian. She talked about the goosebumps she experienced while waiting in the tunnel for the opening ceremonies to begin when the Americans began a USA, USA chant.We are with the greatest athletes representing your country, said Mattek Sands, a four-time Grand Slam titlist in doubles and mixed. It didnt matter if it was long-distance running, swimming, track or tennis, everyone was there chanting USA! You cant compare any Grand Slam to that. ... I dont think its even comparable.Sock came to Rio with a case of walking pneumonia. But before striking gold Sunday, he and Steve Johnson won bronze in mens doubles.Theres just something about being part of a team, Sock said. Tennis is such an individual sport, and the feeling that you get here is like no other.At 23, Sock was the only one of the finals participants who couldnt remember Venus earliest days on tour, but he did grow up watching her and received a few lessons Sunday.To be across the net from her was an incredible experience, Sock said. I thought my forehand was good before today. Some guys usually get intimidated by my forehand. And she was stepping up and smashing it with her backhand. So Im ready to go back to the practice court and work on some things.As for Venus, she can take a good amount of solace knowing how her Rio campaign ended.Its been an amazing experience, five Olympics for me, said Venus, who will move on to the US Open with a No. 6 world ranking in singles, her highest since early 2011. Its surreal that I even came out with any hardware at all. Its so well-contested here, every single one.All I can say is that its been beyond my dreams, she said. There is so much pressure, and when you can cross the line in any sort of way, it feels great.All those ruling out Tokyo 2020 might want to think again. John Brebbia .J. -- Marty Brodeur beat the Pittsburgh Penguins yet again. Yadier Molina . The team also announced Tuesday that the Braves will wear a commemorative patch on the right sleeve during the season. The patch, shaped like home plate, carries the number 715, Aarons autograph and a "40th Anniversary" banner. http://www.custommlbcardinalsjersey.com/custom-whitey-herzog-jersey-large-671q.html . 1 position. The Mustangs (6-0), who beat Queens 50-31 last weekend, earned 17 first-place votes and 287 points in voting by the Football Reporters of Canada. Western was last ranked first in the country in October 2011. Dexter Fowler . To the surprise of many, it isnt the Wolverines but their in-state rivals the Michigan State Spartans. Alex Reyes . The 18-year-old American had five birdies in her bogey-free round for a 17-under total of 196. Lee held the overnight lead but mixed three birdies with two bogeys for a 70. Mushtaq Ahmed, Pakistans bowling coach, believes that Yasir Shah struggled with the expectation of backing up his matchwinning display at Lords on the opening day of the second Test.Yasirs ten-wicket match haul was key to Pakistan securing their 75-run victory in the opening Test and propelled him to No. 1 in the world, but he finished the first day at Old Trafford with 0 for 111 from 31 overs as centuries from Alastair Cook and Joe Root led England to a commanding 314 for 4.Although he made a couple of deliveries grip on the Old Trafford surface - two, in particular, spun and bounced appreciably at Root and Cook - England were able to milk him far more comfortably than they had done last week.With only four frontline bowlers, Misbah-ul-Haq did not have many places to turn to for the lengthy spells required to allow him to rotate his three quicks. Yasir bowled 18 overs unchanged - split by the lunch interval - and by the time he was given a break, England had taken him for 69 runs and gone some way towards ensuring no immediate hangover from their poor display against at Lords.Sometimes the expectation does put you under pressure and you are trying to deliver the same performance, Mushtaq said. You start losing your basics, discipline and what he did in the last Test match. He got 10 wickets last time and maybe that momentum carried on and he forgot the basics.I think the ball wasnt coming nicely from his hand, he added. We did discuss it, but during a game its very hard for a coach to tell a player what to do. But we have good communication so I sent a couple of messages because the ball was coming out flatter with less spin. On a first-day pitch, the margin of error for a legspinner against good players like Root and Coook is very small.dddddddddddd.Root and Cook both used the word tempo when pinpointing a key difference to their approach than at Lords, finding the right balance between not allowing Yasir to settle but avoiding anything as reckless as Roots top-edged slog-sweep or Moeen Alis wild second-innings hack.It was just nice to see an improvement on the way we played him in the first game, Root said. Playing him with a straight bat, not going across the ball as much, on a day-one wicket it definitely made it a lot easier for us to take the risk out of it but still rotate the strike and score at a decent rate. We batted at a far better tempo than at Lords.Root, though, did admit a degree of nervousness when he brought out a strong slog-sweep against Yasir in the 51st over, with the captain at the other end, but this time it skimmed to the boundary rather than into the hands of a catcher. Such are the fine margins for batsmen.However, Mushtaq backed Yasir to respond positively from his tough day and play a role on a surface that Cook expects to break up later on. A worthy example to draw on, although not an occasion anyone associated with England cares to remember, is the Adelaide Test in 2006-07. Over the first two days of that match, England racked up 551 for 6 and Shane Warne took 1 for 167 before producing of his greatest displays on the final day to conjure a famous victory.I always believe as a good bowler you have to bowl good overs against good players to get them out. He didnt do that today but he will come out tomorrow, hes a strong guy, he wasnt hiding and thats a positive thing, Mushtaq said. ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz