Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 37 mal aufgerufen
 Forenspiele
jj009 Offline

ChAôt

18.11.2019 06:44
.ASU went the last 5:21 of the first half without a field goal and led 39-38 at halftime only because Holder made one of two fre Antworten

TEMPE, Ariz. -- Four-guard starting lineups arent normal for Arizona State head coach Bobby Hurley. He never used such a unit while head coach at Buffalo for two seasons.But Sunday nights smaller lineup got the job done for the Sun Devils and their second-year head coach.Tra Holder scored 24 points, his second straight 20-point game, and Shannon Evans II added 20 points, 12 of those on 12 free throw attempts. The Sun Devils rode a hot second half to a 96-74 win over Cal Poly.Another guard, Torian Graham, scored 12 of his 18 points in the second half, and forward Obinna Oleka added 17 points to go with 13 rebounds. The Sun Devils (2-0) outscored the Mustangs 57-36 in the second 20 minutes after a tight first half.ASU made 18 of 30 (60 percent) second-half shots after struggling in the first half.As these guys (big men) develop, we can get more conventional, and we will play a more conventional lineup, Hurley said. But its nice when you have guys on the perimeter that are as good as they are because Ive got to get those guys on the floor.Kyle Toth made 5 of 8 from 3-point range and led Cal Poly with 21 points. Josh Martin added 17 points.The Mustangs (0-2) led by as many as five points early in the second half, 48-43 on a Jaylen Shead driving layup against three defenders with 16:26 to play. The Sun Devils then went on a 10-3 run to take the lead.I think we wore down a little bit mentally and emotional as it continued, Mustangs coach Joe Callero said. They were able to really drive, and to get to the free throw line 42 times, thats a credit to their aggressiveness.ASU led by as many as 24. Evans sank two free throws to make the score 74-62 with 6:41 to play, and the Sun Devils scored 12 unanswered points over four minutes toward the end of the game.We were trying to stay aggressive. I felt like I couldnt get my shot going for us, Evans said. I knew that getting to the line would get me going. At halftime we talked about picking the ball up, pressuring it and playing defense with energy.Cal Poly trailed by as many as 10 points in the first half before rallying to tie the score at 36 on Martins reverse layup with 3:02 left in the half. The Mustangs took a 38-36 lead on their next possession, as Martin threw down a dunk off Ridge Shipleys assist.ASU went the last 5:21 of the first half without a field goal and led 39-38 at halftime only because Holder made one of two free throws with 44 seconds to go before Cal Poly let the shot clock expire at the other end.Cal Poly shot 50 percent from the field in the first half, including 7 of 17 from 3-point range. ASU made five fewer shots, going 10 for 25 in the first 20 minutes to help keep the Mustangs in the game.STAT OF THE NIGHT: ASU got to the foul line 20 more times than Cal Poly. The Mustangs were 12 of 22 while the Sun Devils made 33 of 42, 27 of those makes from Evans, Holder and Oleka.HIGHLIGHT REEL: Back-to-back dunks on consecutive Sun Devil possessions by Graham ignited the crowd and the ASU comeback from a five-point deficit early in the second half.TURNING POINT: After Grahams jams, Holder dished to Kodi Justice for a 3 with 14:51 to play, giving ASU a 53-51 lead. The Sun Devils never trailed after that.BIG PICTURECal Poly: After losses to a pair of Division I programs, including Pepperdine on Friday, the Mustangs get a shot at their first win of the season with their next two games at home against lower-division teams. Cal Poly faces California State-Dominguez Hills and Bethesda this week. Since joining Division I for the 1994-95 season, the Mustangs are 34-1 against non-Division I programs.Arizona State: The Sun Devils got wins in their first two games, now they will be tested. ASU will travel 12,900 miles for games and sleep in a hotel 11 of 25 nights between Nov. 16 and Dec. 10.UP NEXTCal Poly seeks its first win Thursday in its home opener against CSU-Dominguez Hills.Arizona State hits the road for its first trip of the season and takes on Northern Iowa on Thursday in Orlando. Fake Braves Jerseys . The Croatian served 21 aces and hit 42 winners against Sijsling, who double-faulted to give Cilic a 4-3 lead in the deciding set. "All the players, they know me and they were really happy to see me and they were really happy that this is over for me," Cilic said. Cheap Braves Jerseys . What general manager Dave Nonis called "short and productive" negotiations ended with Kessel signing a US$64-million, eight-year contract on Tuesday. https://www.cheapbraves.com/343o-phil-niekro-jersey-braves.html . "I dont know that were close," said general manager Alex Anthopoulos. "I just think, right now, the acquisition cost just doesnt work for us right now. I dont know if I can quantify how far off or things like that that they might be but I would say we continue to have dialogue. Johan Camargo Braves Jersey . The Masters champion and winner of last weeks Australian PGA has a three-round total of 14-under 199 at Royal Melbourne. "Im in a really good position for tomorrow," Scott said. Bob Uecker Braves Jersey . - Blake Griffin had 30 points and 12 rebounds, J. EAST RUTHERFORD, N.J. -- Defense wins championships, and right now the New York Giants are convincing many that they might be the NFLs best.Forget that they are ranked in the middle of the league. In the past two games, Steve Spagnuolos group has limited division leaders Dallas and Detroit to a total of 13 points, and Sundays 17-6 win over the Lions on Sunday came in a game where top cornerback Janoris Jenkins left early in the second quarter with a back injury.Add in another Odell Beckham Jr. one-hand touchdown catch to delight replay fanatics and the Giants have inched closer to their first playoff berth since 2011, and maybe more, with a win that snapped the NFC North-leading Lions five-game winning streak.This is really exciting, I dont even know the word to use, linebacker Jonathan Casillas said. Its starting to be a beautiful thing. Thirteen points the last two weeks, we like where were at now.The win was the eighth in nine games for the Giants (10-4) and it gave them their best record through 14 games since 2008, when they opened 11-3.The formula was the one the team has followed in Ben McAdoos first season: Just enough offense and a tough stingy, pass-rushing defense that has now come up with big back-to-back efforts against two division leaders in Dallas (11-2) and Detroit (9-5), giving up 13 total points.Eli Manning (20 of 28 for 201 yards) threw a 6-yard touchdown pass to Sterling Shepard on a 75-yard opening drive and then iced the game with a 4-yard TD pass that Beckham caught with his left hand and then pranced into the end zone for a 11-point lead with 5:20 to play.Norm, veteran receiver Victor Cruz said of Beckhams one-hander, which still paled in comparison to the fully extended TD catch against Dallas in his rookie year. The norm. I wasnt even surprised.Beckham said catches like that just kind of happens for him.You practice it and practice it, he said. Thats why you practice right hand layups and left hand layups. Its just kind of, I dont know.Beckham, who had six catches for 64 yards, almost wasnt done. He reversed field about three times on a 63-yard punt return that brought the remaining fans to their seats less than a minute later. The electrifying return was nullified by an illegal block, but was simply a thrill to watch.The Lions, who had rallied in the fourth quarter to win eight of their nine games, never came close to a comeback in this one as the Giants made them play on a long field all day.Lions quarterback Matthew Stafford didnt show any major issues playing with an injured middle finger on his throwing hand. He finished 24 of 39 for 274 yards and an interception , finding Golden Tate eight times for 122 yards.Theyre a good team, Stafford said. Their ssecondary is probably the best weve played all year.dddddddddddd Theyve got a really good defensive line. We knew it was going to be a challenge going into the day. We just didnt make enough plays.The biggest play for the Lions was a 67-yard throw from Stafford to Tate that gave the Lions first-and-10 at the Giants 11, trailing 7-3 in the second quarter. On first down, Zach Zenner fumbled at the end of a 7-yard run after being hit by Leon Hall and Olivier Vernon recovered in the end zone.Obviously, we lost the turnover battle, lost the rushing battle. Its tough to win on the road when you do that, Stafford said. Weve got to look in the mirror and correct what we did wrong today.Matt Prater accounted for the Lions points with field goals of 48 yards in the second quarter and 33 in the third. The second cut the deficit to 10-6 -- New York had gotten a 47-yard field goal from Robbie Gould late in the second quarter.However, the Lions never got closer as New York limited Detroit to 5 of 14 on third down and 324 yards.CANT STOP ODELL: Beckham had six catches for 64 yards. He has 85 catches for 1,173 yards and 10 touchdowns this season, and is the first player in NFL history to get at least 80 catches and 1,000 receiving yards in each of his first three seasons.WINGY: Less than a week after being named the NFC special teams player of the week, Brad Wing of the Giants had a punt partially blocked by Brandon Copeland for an 18-yard net. The Lions got the ball at their own 43, but failed to convert. Wing had two punts downed inside the 5 in the second half.OVERLOOKED BIG PLAYS: Rookie cornerback Eli Apple made one of the biggest plays for the Giants, recovering from 5 yards back to break up a deep pass to Tate in the end zone early in the second quarter.I didnt think I was going to get there, but the ball hung up a little and I got my fingertip on it, said Apple, who had seven tackles. Dominque Rodgers-Cromartie, who also had seven tackles, also made up yards to catch Tate on his 67-yard reception.INJURIES: Detroit starting CB Darius Slay left in the second quarter after aggravating a hamstring injury. Leading rusher Theo Riddick missed his second straight game with a wrist injury.For New York, Jenkins also left in the second quarter with a back injury and did not return. Backup QB Ryan Nassib was inactive because of a recurring elbow injury. LG Justin Pugh played for the first time since injuring a knee on Nov. 6UP NEXT:Lions: Visit Cowboys on Dec. 26Giants: Visit Eagles on Dec. 22.---For more NFL coverage: http://www.pro32.ap.org and http://www.twitter.com/AP-NFL ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz