Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 33 mal aufgerufen
 Forenspiele
jj009 Offline

ChAôt

06.11.2019 05:14
fect 8-0 record and hardware on the line against another undefeated fighter, 7-0 Sara McMann in the main event of UFC 170, which Antworten

COLUMBUS, Ohio -- With the rest of her team struggling from the outside, Kelsey Mitchell took over.Mitchell scored 31 points to lead four teammates in double figures and No. 7 Ohio State beat Cleveland State 96-78 on Wednesday night.The Buckeyes (2-1) won despite poor 3-point shooting from everyone except the junior All-American guard. Early in the fourth quarter her teammates were 0 for 11 from beyond the arc while she was 7 for 13. Finally, Sierra Calhoun hit a 3-pointer as Ohio State finished 8 for 27 from 3-point range.Overall, OSU shot 51.9 percent from the floor.It never hurts to see the ball go in, Mitchell said.Ohio State responded to a 92-80 home loss to No. 4 South Carolina on Monday by picking up the tempo and using its advantage inside. OSU led in rebounds 51-32 and had 60 points in the paint compared to 24 for Cleveland State.Stephanie Mavunga, Tori McCoy, Shayla Cooper and guard Kiara Lewis each had 12 points for the Buckeyes.Theyre not very big so the emphasis was to get the ball around the basket with Steph and Tori, especially, Ohio State coach Kevin McGuff said. We wanted to take advantage of that.Ashanti Abshaw scored 25 points Khayla Livingston 14 for the Vikings.I was trying to minimize possessions because we knew they could score a lot of points in a hurry, Cleveland State coach Kate Peterson Abiad said of OSU. I was not happy with our quick shots early on. We talked about that at halftime and I think we settled into our offense in the third quarter.The Buckeyes led 51-34 at the half and extended the lead to 27 through three quarters.Thats the best transition team Ive seen in years, Peterson Abiad said.The Vikings (1-1) won their opener, beating Evansville 66-62 on Saturday, and Peterson Abiad took positives from the loss to the Buckeyes.We raised the bar for us she said. Our expectations are were going to be able to compete with the mid-major teams that well face.FIRE AWAYCleveland State tied a Value City Arena record for 3-pointers made by an opponent with 14. Virginia Commonwealth also hit 14 on Nov. 23, 2014.NEW ON THE BLOCKThe Buckeyes Lewis is settling in as a freshman and set a career high with 12 points. Kikis got a chance to be a great player here. You can see her talent, McGuff said. The two-time Illinois all-state player credits her teammates. Theyre there for me and keeping me up. The leadership on the team is a big key to me being comfortable.TIP-INSCleveland State: The Vikings played their first ranked opponent since Green Bay in the 2011-12 season and it was the first top-10 team theyve played since No. 7 Notre Dame in the 2010 NCAA Tournament. Some kids go through their entire career at the mid-major level never having played against a team of Ohio States caliber, Peterson Abiad said.Ohio State: The Buckeyes increased their record to 6-0 vs. Cleveland State. The most recent meeting was 68-54 victory on Dec 15, 2008.UP NEXTCleveland State: With two road games completed to open the season, the Vikings home opener is Saturday vs. Toledo.Ohio State: The Buckeyes play the final of a four-game homestand against Long Island University Brooklyn on Saturday. Adidas NMD Womens Cheap . Inter president Erick Thohir says in a club statement on Wednesday that Vidic is "one of the worlds best defenders and his qualities, international pedigree, and charisma will be an asset. Adidas NMD Clearance . After dropping their final six games of December, the Wild opened the new calendar year with four consecutive wins. Following a loss to Colorado on Saturday, Minnesota rebounded the following night to blank Nashville 4-0, but then had the tables turned on them Tuesday. http://www.cheapnmdonline.com/adidas-originals-nmd-xr4-wolf-grey-white-men-s.html . Rousey will put her perfect 8-0 record and hardware on the line against another undefeated fighter, 7-0 Sara McMann in the main event of UFC 170, which will be held at the Mandalay Bay Events Center in Las Vegas Nevada on February 22nd. Adidas NMD R1 Japan Black . The Vikings announced Thursday that Priefer will be one of seven holdovers from the previous staff, along with offensive line coach Jeff Davidson, wide receivers coach George Stewart and others. Norv Turner will mark his 30th year of coaching in the NFL as the offensive co-ordinator, as widely reported for weeks, and George Edwards will be the defensive co-ordinator. Adidas NMD Mens Clearance . Vancouver Whitecaps and Toronto FC failed to make the postseason while Montreal Impact fell at the first hurdle losing heavily to Houston Dynamo in the Eastern Conference Knockout Round. Three years ago Ireland led the All Blacks 22-17 with six minutes remaining when Johnny Sexton had a penalty to secure victory. The week before Sexton tore his hamstring against Australia.If it was another player, another game, maybe Joe Schmidt would have rested him. But having spoken to Schmidt, Sexton fought through to put Ireland in a winning position against New Zealand. He re-injured his hamstring in the second half but played on.There werent many weeks for the next two years that Sexton didnt think of that kick. He pulled the penalty wide and the rest is history. Another Irish defeat against the All Blacks. This weekend represents another chance for him and for Ireland.But for a career-ending injury, former Irish and Ulster flanker Stephen Ferris would have played in that game. He might have lined up against the All Blacks this weekend in Chicago as well, rather than looking on from outside the camp.He knows many of the current squad and feels if Joe Schmidts side can remain injury free, they could fulfill the potential which many Irish teams failed to.But while New Zealand won the World Cup in 2011, despite injuries to Dan Carter, Colin Slade and Aaron Cruden, Ireland dont have the same pool of talent to choose from when injuries strike -- and thats perhaps why Ireland needed Sexton to play in 2013.There is a lot of talent in Irish rugby but we need a couple of lucky years, with key guys not getting injured, Ferris told ESPN as he launched AIGs Rugby Weekend in Chicago. You look at the last World Cup, Peter O Mahony, Paul OConnell, Sean OBrien and Jonathan Sexton out for key games.They didnt function as well. People have to understand that If you take four key players out of any team, it is not going to function as well. That is exactly what happened.Whereas If you take four guys out of the New Zealand team, you just replace them and they function exactly the same. It will be interesting to see what happens over this weekend and the next few weeks with Ireland.Its the small margins in rugby. Its keeping tuned in for the 80 minutes of the game. In the case of the All Blacks last-gasp try in 2013, keeping tuned in for almost 82 minutes.Ferris also has a similar experience in 2010 -- having scored a try to help Ireland lead New Zealand 13-12 coming up to half-ttime, New Zealand struck on the stroke of the interval.ddddddddddddThe All Blacks never looked back and another Irish squad with great potential didnt fulfill it. Ferris believes its time to change that trend.We had a great squad of talent back in 2011, 2012, 2013 and we probably didnt win as much as we should have done. Brian ODriscoll talked about the amount of talent we had and we probably didnt make the most of it.But its a new era for Irish rugby, a lot of young guys, like big Iain Henderson, Ultan Dillane and Joey Carbery, who I like coming through. There is going to plenty of opportunity but they have to make sure they take that opportunity and make that Irish jersey proud.For many, including Sexton, Conor Murray, Rob Kearney and Jamie Heaslip, the hurt of that defeat two years ago will remain. For others, like Robbie Henshaw, Jordi Murphy, Garry Ringrose and Joey Carbery, that opportunity to end a wait for victory over the All Blacks -- which stretches back to 1905 -- begins on Saturday in Chicago.They will prepare and stare down the Haka before kick-off. Despite the aura of invincibility that surrounds New Zealand at present, Ferris believes Schmidt will have instilled confidence into the team. What is said outside the squad is irrelevant.The boys will be in the changing room before the game believing they can win it, said Ferris. It is a different story to me or you thinking are they going to win it. New Zealand are the best team in the world at the minute. They have an unbelievable record going and they will want to keep it going.But Ireland have a lot to play for and hopefully they go out and put in a good performance. You never know, they could get the win, but it is going to be very difficult. In terms of the Haka, I think its a bit of a gee up for the New Zealand lads, but you just respect it.I was concentrating on the first play, my own individual role, my responsibility, if they kicked off where I had to be and making sure our exit play was right. I wasnt one for standing there and eye-balling down the opposite man and putting the fear of God in the opposite number. I was making sure I was mentally right for the whistle. ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz