Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 40 mal aufgerufen
 DER CHAT
liny195 Offline

chaoskindergartenkind

04.11.2019 08:55
www.thepackersfanshop.com Antworten

GREEN BAY Bart Starr Jersey , Wis. (AP) — Mike Pettine is staying as defensive coordinator of the Packers.New coach Matt LaFleur announced the decision Friday, answering one of his biggest questions just three days after being hired.In his first year, Pettine installed a 3-4 scheme and had mixed results. First-round draft pick Jaire Alexander showed signs he will become the top cornerback the Packers desperately need, and Green Bay was ranked No. 12 in pass defense (234.5 yards per game), a big improvement over 2017.Green Bay finished 6-9-1 and out of the playoffs for the second straight year. As the Packers wrapped up for the offseason last week, Pettine said he was hoping to return to keep building.“Of course, the foundation is the hardest thing to get right, and I feel that a lot of it has been built — and we’ve made a lot of mistakes,” he said. “I think we learned, especially me personally, too, I’ve learned a lot of cases of what not to do versus what to do.”The Packers did pile up 44 sacks, tied for eighth in the league, though injuries struck the defensive line. Green Bay lacked a consistent rush at outside linebacker except for surprise sacks leader Kyler Fackrell (10½).“I like his scheme,” Fackrell said last week. “There were a lot of things that went against us this year with a ton of injuries, a ton of new guys. I think the way that he was able to still keep us playing pretty well, I think he did a great job.”Defensive lineman Kenny Clark also liked the new scheme, which saw 17 different players get at least a half-sack.“I had my best season under coach Pettine, and just the blitzes and the different disguises and the different he can do to free people up — it’s been great for me Ray Nitschke Color Rush Jersey ,” he said. “He’s been using a lot of our strengths on the field.”Longtime defensive star Clay Matthews is a free agent after finishing with a career-low 3½ sacks in his 10th season with the Packers. GREEN BAY, Wis. 鈥?Packers coach Mike McCarthy appreciates how veteran receiver Randall Cobb excels at doing the little things in practice, such as perfecting his footwork and timing.If Cobb can just get over his hamstring injury, he might be able to help on the field, too, with the Packers desperately trying to keep their longshot playoff hopes alive.Packers CoverageProtecting QB Aaron Rodgers will be Packers’ priority vs. BearsPackers place starting guard Bell on IR, sign OL SiragusaStaTuesday: Packers’ Rodgers sets record with INT-free streakPackers Snap Counts: Patrick shows fight in first startUpon Further Review: Packers vs. FalconsPackers beat Falcons 34-20 in Philbin’s debutPHOTOS: Packers vs. FalconsPhotos of the Week: 12/2/18 – 12/8/18Packers’ Bulaga doubtful vs. Falcons, 3 OL on injury reportPreview: Packers host Falcons in matchup of two disappointing teamsCobb practiced again on Thursday as the Packers get ready to face the Arizona Cardinals on Sunday.Out since Week 9, Cobb has been limited to just five games this year because of the lingering hamstring injury.His history with quarterback Aaron Rodgers and ability to get open in traffic could help especially in giving the Packers (4-6-1) another target on third down. Green Bay is just 24th in the league on third down conversions (37 percent).“You go down on a Wednesday of practice, you’re in a unit drill, and you’re kind of at whatever speed you’re going, and he’s out there doing all the little things exactly right,” said McCarthy, who singled out Cobb as a mentor for young receivers.“Well it would be great to get Randall back. I think today will give us some information,” McCarthy said.Looking good as of Thursday, when Cobb was limited for a second straight day.“I think there’s a pretty good chance,” Cobb said. “I think this is the best I felt in a long time, so I’m excited to get back out there.”The versatile Cobb has caught seven of 11 targets on third down this year, averaging 17.9 yards a catch. In his career https://www.thepackersfanshop.com/Reggie-White-Jersey , Cobb has 125 receptions on 188 targets on third down, averaging 14.2 yards and converting 92 first downs.He worked out before the聽loss at Minnesota聽before being held out. Cobb was just a spectator when the Packers converted just 2 of 10 on third down.“Pick up whatever the third and down distance is,” Cobb said when asked about getting better on third down. “That’s all it really comes down to is finding a way to move the sticks. That’s just executing when it comes down to making the plays.”Besides Cobb, the Packers also don’t have Geronimo Allison because of a season-ending groin injury. Tight end Jimmy Graham is trying to play through a thumb injury. That has meant more attention to聽No. 1 wideout Davante Adams聽, who is still good enough to have already reached career highs of 1,022 yards on 77 catches. Rookies Marquez Valdes-Scantling and Equanimeous St. Brown have had to take more snaps, with mixed results.Rodgers spoke this week about taking some “calculated risks”. Lately, that has meant moving Adams around to different spots; getting running back Aaron Jones the ball in space; and working in Graham.Plus, Rodgers added, “hopefully getting Randall back this week, which would be a big boost for us.”Especially on third downs.“If that means breaking a tackle, making a guy miss or hitting the open man or whatever that is, we’ve got to find a way just to make sure we’re taking care of our jobs,” he said.NOTES: Left tackle David Bakhtiari (knee) returned to practice as a limited participant, an encouraging sign after McCarthy said he thought Rodgers’ blind-side protector might focus on rehab on Thursday. It’s important with the Packers getting ready to face Cardinals pass-rusher Chandler Jones (11 sacks). Starting left guard Lane Taylor (quad) was also limited. … Bashaud Breeland (groin) returned to practice, while fellow CB Kevin King (hamstring) was limited for a second straight day. … Graham was limited.

Sprung  
Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz