Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 41 mal aufgerufen
 Forenspiele
jj009 Offline

ChAôt

27.10.2019 06:48
long way to go, Kerber said Tuesday. Im not thinking about that. Somebody told me about that, but Im trying not to listen.Everyo Antworten

MASON, Ohio -- Rain repeatedly interrupted the first full day of matches at the Western & Southern Open in Cincinnati.Stan Wawrinka -- one of those who could benefit from an open mens bracket without Novak Djokovic and Roger Federer -- lost the first set to wild card Jared Donaldson 6-2, but he led the second set 3-0 when play was suspended for the night because of rain.One of the few who was able to complete his match on Tuesday was John Isner. The American overcame two delays while beating Fabio Fognini 6-3, 6-2, aided by the Italians four double faults in the second set.The mens bracket provides an opportunity for second-tier players to move up for a week. Defending champion Federer and top-ranked Djokovic are sidelined by injuries, and Andy Murray and Rafael Nadal are still recovering from hectic weeks at the Olympics in Rio de Janeiro. The four of them have accounted for 54 of the last 58 Masters titles.Theres a chance for somebody else to get a Masters trophy on Sunday.I played 23 hours in seven days, Nadal said Tuesday, referring to his Olympics stay. My body is a little bit tired. Obviously, its going to be tough.Nadal had a lot of fun in Rio but came away running on fumes.The 30-year-old Spaniard missed two months with an injured left wrist and returned in Rio, where he reached the semifinals in singles -- a good showing, given how much time he was away from the court. Hes hoping to get in more matches in Cincinnati to get ready for the U.S. Open without aggravating the wrist.It was not an easy injury, and it still bothers me a little bit, Nadal said.Murray beat Juan Martin del Potro in a wild, four-set match for his second Olympic gold medal on Sunday, leaving him drained. Then came the flight directly to Cincinnati -- yes, he brought his medal along.The match against Juan Martin was so up and down, so emotional, physical, Murray said. It was a really, really hard match, one of the hardest matches Ive played.Doing the long trip straight afterward was tough. Hopefully, it will be able to rain in the next few days.Angelique Kerber has a chance to become No. 1 in Cincinnati.Two-time defending champion Serena Williams pulled out of the tournament with an inflamed shoulder, making it possible for Kerber to overtake her in the rankings. She would move up to No. 1 by winning the tournament for the first time.Williams has been in the top spot for 183 consecutive weeks, the second longest such stretch in WTA history.Theres a long way to go, Kerber said Tuesday. Im not thinking about that. Somebody told me about that, but Im trying not to listen.Everyone dreams about being No. 1. It would be amazing. I would give everything to reach that goal.Kerber opens play on Wednesday trying to extend a successful season that includes the Australian Open championship, a Wimbledon final and a silver medal in Rio.That was a special week, Kerber said of the Olympics. I had a lot of experiences. The atmosphere was different than a normal tournament. I had a great week. I won a medal. That was my goal. Colorado Rockies Pro Shop . PETERSBURG, Fla. Rockies Jerseys 2019 . Still, Brewers manager Ron Roenicke thought taking him out before the fifth inning was an unusual move. "Im looking up at the board and hes got two hits given up and one run, and Im taking him out after the fourth inning," Roenicke said. https://www.cheaprockiesjerseys.us/ . Canada is now down to its 22-player limit, although but players wont be registered until Christmas Day. Changes could still be made as a result of a suspension or injury. Custom Colorado Rockies Jerseys . -- Matt Rupert scored once in regulation and again in the shootout as the London Knights extended their win streak to nine games by defeating the Owen Sound Attack 4-3 on Friday in Ontario Hockey League action. Colorado Rockies Gear . -- On the field, it was business as usual for Jameis Winston and No. JACKSONVILLE, Fla. -- Mike Perkins has spent countless hours filming Jacksonville Jaguars practices from a scissor lift about 50 feet in the air.It was uncomfortable, even downright scary, at times. Strong wind, sideways rain, nearby lightning, Perkins has experienced all of it.So when Perkins, the teams director of football technology, had the opportunity to move away from the sometimes-dangerous lifts for good, he didnt hesitate.Now, the Jags are one of at least 10 NFL teams that have partially or completely eliminated scissor lifts and switched to mobile mast cams, which have high-definition cameras atop high-reaching poles and are controlled remotely from the ground.The stations look like the front of a boat, including comfy bench seats, and have protective canopies, color monitors and the capability to run for several days on a single charge.The biggest thing was the liability, said Perkins, who spent 18 years as Jacksonvilles video director. Every day you worry, at least from my standpoint. You worry about bad weather. You worry about something happening. And then the whole thing at Notre Dame, that really hit home.A 20-year-old student was killed at Notre Dame in 2010 when the hydraulic scissor lift he was filming football practice on tumbled to the ground because of high wind. Less than an hour before his death, Sullivan tweeted about the terrifying weather conditions and wrote I guess Ive lived long enough.Several universities, including Notre Dame, stopped using the lifts in the wake of Declan Sullivans death. Florida and others built expensive, permanent towers around practice fields. The Gators spent nearly $700,000 to build six towers.NFL teams were slower to react.I cant believe it took this long, Perkins said.A company called 8K Solutions in Titusville, about two hours south of Jacksonville, has seemingly perfected the mast cams. The Jaguars used them at the Senior Bowl in January, where a number of other NFL teams took notice.Jacksonviille purchased three units, which list around $75,000 each, and ditched their scissor lifts.dddddddddddd Atlanta, Baltimore, Buffalo, Dallas, Houston, New England, Philadelphia, San Francisco and Tennessee also started using them.Were trying to go to the next level, Titans coach Mike Mularkey said. Its safety and convenience.The Falcons switched to mast cams right before training camp. Tampa Bay is the latest NFL team to try them out. The Jaguars got the Buccaneers one unit in anticipation of two joint practices in Jacksonville this week. The Bucs will use them Wednesday and Thursday at Jacksonvilles practice fields.You can throw them on the back of a trailer and take them to a high school or move them anywhere on the field, Perkins said. You can do just about anything with them. Our guys, we love them. Theyre different if youre used to shooting a camera. But I could literally put my 9-year-old in one and he could learn it faster than I could because all these kids are gamers and its literally a video game.Its a robotic camera with a control board and a joystick.For now, the Jaguars are still shooting practice video on digital memory cards and then uploading them inside the football facility. When they begin construction on an indoor practice facility, which is scheduled to be completed in 2017, they will have cables running from the video room to select spots around the indoor facility and around the teams three outdoor practice fields.Youll just take the trailer, hook it up and have live feeds in the video room, Perkins said. Well be controlling the camera from inside, so there wont be any video people on the field. The big thing is the liability from being in the lifts is gone. By next year, Id be shocked if every teams not using them.---AP NFL website: www.pro32.ap.org and AP NFL Twitter feed: http://twitter.com/AP-NFL ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz