Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 38 mal aufgerufen
 Forenspiele
jj009 Offline

ChAôt

06.10.2019 03:53
e noting that one of the investigators was fired in September for violating Title IX policy; the universitys position is that sh Antworten

Former Baylor Title IX coordinator Patty Crawford told Outside the Lines on Wednesday that ex-Bears?athletic director Ian McCaw?asked her for immunity for the schools football players when she started investigating allegations of sexual assault at the school.Crawford, who was hired as Baylors first full-time Title IX coordinator in 2014 before resigning last month, said she learned details of a gang rape involving Bears football players that allegedly occurred in 2012 and a dating violence allegation against another player in 2013.There were things in the first nine months that I noticed that were very concerning to me, Crawford told Outside the Lines. I went directly to my boss that day and said there could be cultural issues I need to investigate. He said, Yes, go ahead.Crawford said that Juan Alejandro, who was her supervisor and is Baylors vice president of governance and risk and chief compliance officer, informed former Baylor board of regents chairman Richard Willis about the allegations against the players. She said she was then called to an emergency meeting with McCaw, senior vice president Reagan Ramsower and associate general counsel Chris Holmes on Feb. 4, 2015.I dont know anything about the athletic culture or anything, Crawford said. Instead of [Alejandro] necessarily helping me, he went and told his boss, who then called the board of regents chairman ... and then he called Reagan Ramsower, and they called me into this emergency meeting on February 4.During the meeting, Crawford said she told the men that she needed to investigate the gang rape allegations and the dating violence allegation against another player.The athletic director asked if I could give immunity to the football players that still were at the university, Crawford said. I looked around the room and everyone had their heads down. I said, No, I dont know [if] they were an accomplice. I dont know if they were part of this culture.Crawford said she refused to give the Baylor players immunity and told McCaw and the others that she didnt even have a Title IX policy in place because she had started her job only a few months earlier.I think it was clear that they didnt like the fact that this information had come to my attention so quickly in my tenure at the university, Crawford said.Participants in the meeting told 60 Minutes Sports that Crawford was not asked to give immunity to a football player or anyone else at Baylor. Rather, she was asked whether, as a matter of policy and procedure, the Title IX office could offer immunity to a football player who might have knowledge of an incident. Both Crawford and a Baylor attorney responded, No.McCaw, who served as Baylors athletic director since 2003 until he resigned shortly after interim coach Jim Grobe was hired on May 30, denied Crawfords claims in a statement issued early Thursday morning.Ms. Crawfords statements about me in the ESPN story are false, McCaws statement said. In February 2015, she asked for my assistance in arranging an interview with a student-athlete regarding an incident involving his teammates. I asked whether the student-athlete was at-risk or whether he would be provided any type of immunity. A member of the General Counsels office responded by indicating that the student-athlete would not be offered immunity. I subsequently assisted in arranging the interview.In an open letter to Baylor alumni, students and faculty on Tuesday, interim president David E. Garland confirmed what members of the Baylor board of regents told the Wall Street Journal last week: Since 2011, there were 17 reported allegations of sexual assault or domestic violence allegedly committed by 19 football players. In 2012, there were four allegations of alleged gang rapes involving Baylor football players.Baylor officials didnt immediately respond to a request to comment from Outside the Lines about Crawfords allegations. On Monday night, in reply to Crawfords interview with 60 Minutes Sports, the university said in a statement:Patty Crawfords motives for misstating the facts are patently evident to her colleagues at Baylor. Although they worked tirelessly during her tenure at the university to help her succeed, Crawford lacked the administrative skills to manage the Title IX office. Three Title IX investigators each quit within a year of being hired after reporting problems with her management style. Concerned about this high rate of turnover, the Baylor HR Department worked with Crawford on a development plan to better manage the influx of University resources and Title IX personnel. When that didnt work, Crawford began seeking employment elsewhere and sought to blame Baylor for her own shortcomings.Crawford told Outside the Lines she received more than 400 reports of alleged sexual assault, rape and other incidents during the two years she worked as the universitys Title IX coordinator, from July 2014 until she abruptly resigned last month.Baylor would never let me release the reporting numbers because they were so high and they are complex; theyre not all sexual assaults or rape cases, Crawford said. I was getting reports from the past before I even came, so it doesnt reflect necessarily this is all happening this month sort of thing.Crawford said each of the cases she adjudicated involving a football player resulted in the player being held responsible for what was alleged. She said she heard details of additional allegations of gang rapes, too.It was a real culture of gang rape, Crawford said. I never heard of such terribly explicit details. There were some other gang rape allegations, and its very interesting when you think about athletic culture and sexual violence -- the connection between a team and violation, deep humiliation and terrible violence against women. Im not a researcher and Im not a Ph.D. person in violence. I think its something that needs to be looked into and researched because why is this happening?On its website Tuesday evening, Baylor posted a document that countered several of Crawfords claims, including any assertion that she and her Title IX office lacked support. It noted that the university had increased her departments budget to $1.2 million, raised her salary twice and paid for a $12,000 spa retreat for her and her staff.Crawford, who was making $123,000, said Tuesday night was the first time shed ever seen her budget stated as $1.2 million and questioned where some of that money had been spent.They were using my budget to settle out previous victims, she said, giving the example of her Title IX budget being used to pay the bill for a sexual assault exam of a student five years ago. And I think its great they have given financial resources at a certain level but then they backed out of it at the end, she said, adding that she was admonished over the spa retreat -- which she said she felt her staff deserved -- and told shed have to reign in her spending.In September, I had four meetings in one week with Reagan Ramsower and human resources, and their response to me was we are bleeding money right now because of lawsuits and settlements with victims from the past. Or bleeding money with lawyers and consultants and we are done bleeding money and you arent going to get what you want the way you want it, she said. I said, in a week this policy is coming into play. Youre implementing it, but I dont have the infrastructure to follow it.The document on Baylors website also stated that three Title IX investigators resigned after expressing difficulties working with Crawford, and it notes she was put on a development plan to help her better manage the office.Crawford presented a performance review from May 2016 noting that her work significantly exceeds expectations -- the highest of five ratings. She also showed Outside the Lines a copy of email correspondence noting that one of the investigators was fired in September for violating Title IX policy; the universitys position is that she resigned.Three Baylor football players have been indicted for sexual assault and crimes against women in the past four years. Former defensive end Shawn Oakman was indicted by a McLennan County grand jury on charges of second-degree felony sexual assault in July. Defensive ends Tevin Elliott and Sam Ukwuachu were convicted of sexual assault in 2014 and 2015, respectively.The Journal on Friday quoted Baylor regents who detailed some of the Pepper Hamilton findings for the first time. According to the regents, in at least one case, former coach Art Briles knew about an alleged incident and didnt alert police, the schools judicial affairs staff or the Title IX office in charge of coordinating the schools response to sexual violence.Information from ESPNs Paula Lavigne was used in this report. Wholesale NHL Jerseys Online . There are surprises among the Vezina candidates, but most of the others are standard top-tier performers, even if the two Hart Trophy runners-ups have never been quite as good as they have been through the first half of the season. Wholesale NHL Jerseys Authentic . With the short-handed Warriors needing help from someone -- anyone -- to stop a three-game skid, ONeal returned from right knee and groin injuries that had sidelined him for four games and put up season highs with 18 points and eight rebounds. It was just enough to help lift Golden State to a 102-101 victory over the New Orleans Pelicans on Tuesday night. http://www.cheapnhlcustomjerseys.com/ . -- Eastern Kentucky thrives off creating havoc for others. Authentic NHL Jerseys Cheap . -- Mike Smith never saw his first NHL goal go in. Stitched NHL Jerseys . The team also announced Tuesday that the Braves will wear a commemorative patch on the right sleeve during the season. The patch, shaped like home plate, carries the number 715, Aarons autograph and a "40th Anniversary" banner. PITTSBURGH -- Six weeks into his major league career, Zach Eflin is pitching like one of the National Leagues best starters.Eflin threw his first shutout and second complete game in his eighth start and the Philadelphia Phillies beat the Pittsburgh Pirates 4-0 Friday night.Eflin (3-3) had six strikeouts, allowed three hits and did not walk a batter as he threw 100 pitches for his second complete game in his past four outings. In the majors for just 39 days, the 22-year-old is one of only seven pitchers to have multiple complete games this season.Every pitcher doesnt want to come out of the game. I was able to stay ahead and get quick outs, Eflin said. All four of my pitches were working today.Cameron Rupp had a home run and three RBI and Odubel Herrera had three hits and scored twice for the Phillies, who entered having lost four of five.John Jaso had two of the Pirates three hits, including their only one for extra bases (a leadoff double in the second).Gerrit Cole allowed one run over six innings for Pittsburgh, which entered with the majors best record since June 24.Rupp drove in the games first run in the sixth when Herrera scored on his single with the bases loaded and nobody out. Cole (5-6) escaped the remainder of the inning unscathed.Still, he was lifted for a pinch hitter in the bottom of the inning after throwing 96 pitches, and the Phillies made it 2-0 off Arquimedes Caminero in the seventh. Andrew McCutchen misplayed Herreras sharply hit ball into a double with two outs, and Andres Blanco drove him in with a single.Rupps homer came with Blanco on with two outs in the ninth.I thought the sixth inning was going to come back to haunt us when we didnt score, said Phillies manager Pete Mackanin, whose team had lost its past six at PNC Park dating to 2014.It was a good game for us; we havent won a lot of games here over the last few years, so it was good to at least set the tone for this series.Jaso twice advanced to second base, but no baserunner reached third against Eflin, who has allowed 11 earned runs over his past seven outings since being tagged for nine in his major-league debut June 14 at Toronto.Hes not a 95-98 mph type of power pitcher, but he really knows how to pitch, Mackanin said.dddddddddddd We all saw that debut against the Blue Jays -- he never got the ball down, he couldnt locate. But ever since that start, hes gotten better and better.The closest the Pirates appeared to come to scoring was when Herrera made a leaping grab at the wall in center on a ball Jung Ho Kang hit in the fifth.Eflin faced 29 Pirates in collecting 27 outs.He kept the ball out of the middle, he changed locations, he changed velocity, kept it down, Pirates manager Clint Hurdle said. It was a mix of everything.PHILLIES ROSTER MOVEA day after allowing three runs on five hits in two innings, RHP Daniel Stumpf was designated for assignment. Stumpf, who must be offered back to the Royals after being their Rule V draft choice this past offseason, served an 80-game suspension this season for violating Major League Baseballs policy against performance-enhancing drugs. RHP Severino Gonzalez was recalled from Triple-A for his second stint with the Phillies this season.TRAINERS ROOMPhillies: Three innings after he was hit in the left wrist by a 96-mph fastball by Cole, OF Maikel Franco left the game during the fourth for what the team said were precautionary reasons. Franco said he felt pain when he made contact in singling in the third. He said his heavily wrapped wrist was a little sore after the game, but Mackanin said X-rays were negative and Franco did not rule out playing Saturday. Blanco replaced Franco at third base. Incidentally, Eflin hit the Pirates No. 3 hitter, McCutchen, in the bottom of the first, drawing a warning to both benches from home plate umpire Tony Randazzo.Pirates: A day after being a late scratch from the lineup because of flu-like symptoms, OF Starling Marte was back in left field and batting cleanup Friday.UP NEXTPhillies: RHP Aaron Nola (5-8, 4.41) is coming off an outing in which he pitched six shutout innings Monday against Miami.Pirates: Hurdle indicated RHP Tyler Glasnow will make his second major league start Saturday. One of the games top pitching prospects, Glasnow has a 1.94 ERA and 122 strikeouts in 102 innings for Triple-A Indianapolis. ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz