Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 33 mal aufgerufen
 Forenspiele
jj009 Offline

ChAôt

27.09.2019 06:51
way, drawing a $10,000 fine.There had been some thought that Williams was really stung by her loss to Vinci in New York, that it Antworten

LONDON -- Serena Williams insisted she was not focused on No. 22.Said she wouldnt discuss it.Kept coming close without quite getting it.Now she finally has it. And so she can flaunt it.Williams lifted both arms overhead and raised two fingers on each hand right there on Centre Court to show off the magic number after winning her record-tying 22nd Grand Slam title by beating Angelique Kerber 7-5, 6-3 in the Wimbledon final on Saturday.Definitely had some sleepless nights, if Im just honest, with a lot of stuff, Williams said. My goal is to win always at least a Slam a year. It was getting down to the pressure.She pulled even with Steffi Graf for the most major championships in the Open era, which began in 1968. Now Williams stands behind only Margaret Courts all-time mark of 24.This was Williams seventh singles trophy at the All England Club -- only Martina Navratilova, with nine, has more in the Open era -- and second in a row. The victory at Wimbledon a year ago raised her Grand Slam count to 21, where it remained until Saturday.Its been incredibly difficult not to think about it. I had a couple of tries this year, said Williams, who went back on court a few hours later to win the doubles title with older sister Venus. But it makes the victory even sweeter to know how hard I worked for it.There was a stunning loss to Roberta Vinci in the U.S. Open semifinals in September, ending Williams bid for a calendar-year Grand Slam. Then losses in finals to Kerber at the Australian Open, and to Garbine Muguruza at the French Open.Time heals, said Williams coach, Patrick Mouratoglou. By losing, you realize things.In the rematch against the fourth-seeded Kerber -- the first time in a decade two women met to decide multiple major titles in a single season -- the No. 1-ranked Williams came through. This goes alongside six championships at the U.S. Open, six at the Australian Open and three at the French Open.The 34-year-old American did it, as she often does, with nearly impeccable serving. She slammed 13 aces. She won 38 of 43 first-serve points. She faced just one break point -- at 3-all in the second set, representing Kerbers only real opening -- and shut the door emphatically with aces at 117 mph and 124 mph.There was more that Williams did well, though. Much more. Facing the left-handed Kerbers reactive, counter-punching style, Williams dictated exchanges and compiled a 39-12 edge in winners.Williams hammered second serves that floated in at 75 mph, breaking once in each set. She volleyed well, too, winning the point on 16 of 22 trips to the net, including a tap-in on match point. Soon, she was wrapping Kerber in a warm embrace, then holding up those fingers to symbolize 22.I was trying everything, but she deserved it today. She really played an unbelievable match, said Kerber, who hadnt appeared in a major final until beating Williams in Melbourne. I think we both (played) on a really high level.Kerber, a German who knows Graf well, defeated Venus in the semifinals and hadnt dropped a set until Saturday. But she could not keep up with the trophy on the line, although it was a high-quality final that was tighter than the scoreline might indicate.Played a good match, Kerber said. That makes it a little easier for me.Later Saturday, Williams earned a second piece of hardware when she and Venus defeated Timea Babos and Yaroslava Shvedova 6-3, 6-4 for their sixth doubles trophy at Wimbledon and 14th from all majors.In singles, Williams got better as the tournament went along, taking the last 12 sets she played after dropping a tiebreaker to open her second-round match against Christina McHale. After that set, Williams smashed her racket and flung it away, drawing a $10,000 fine.There had been some thought that Williams was really stung by her loss to Vinci in New York, that it was too big a disappointment to push aside and lingered, somehow, when she followed with the setbacks against Kerber and Muguruza.If anything, I was able to show resilience that, no, thats not going to shake me, youre not going to break me, Williams said, its going to make me stronger.So, Williams was asked Saturday, is she already thinking about No. 25, to surpass Court?Oh, God, no, Williams said. One thing I learned about last year is to enjoy the moment. Im definitely going to enjoy this.---Follow Howard Fendrich on Twitter at http://twitter.com/HowardFendrichNike Air Max 97 On Sale . "Trying to breathe," he said with a grin. Bernier stopped 42 of 43 shots on Monday night, including all 22 in a hectic middle frame, his heroic performance propelling the Leafs toward an undue point in their final game before the Christmas break. Cheap Air Max 97 Brown China . Luis Suarezs double powered Liverpool to a 4-0 victory over Fulham, and Southampton easily overcame Hull 4-1 to continue the south coast clubs impressive start to the season. Liverpool and Southampton sent Chelsea down to fourth place as the west London club was held to 2-2 at home. http://www.cheapairmax97fromchina.com/cheap-air-max-97-all-pink-china/ . The third-ranked Ivanovic, who won the event in 2008 and 10, served five aces and broke Wickmayer, also a former winner in 2009, five times. "The result looked easier than it really was," Ivanovic said. Cheap Air Max 97 All Blue China . Anthony Calvillo, through 20 CFL seasons, was frequently invincible and largely stoic in the heat of competition. But underneath the professional exterior he was, and is, compellingly human. Nike Air Max 97 For Sale . Breaking three of his own world records on his way to winning in Paris, Chan silenced the critics and left the audiences standing in appreciation and awe. ST. LOUIS -- Lance Lynn knew from the first pitch on Thursday that his recent struggles were over for at least one game. The St. Louis right-hander bounced back from a frustrating stretch to allow one run over seven innings and the Cardinals scored three times in the third inning of a 3-1 win over the Philadelphia Phillies. Matt Carpenter, Jon Jay and Matt Adams drove in runs for the Cardinals, who have won seven of nine. Philadelphia has lost five in a row, tying a season high. The Phillies also dropped five straight from June 7-12. St. Louis, which swept the three-game set, has the most wins in the majors at 62 and is a season-high 25 games over .500. Lynn (12-5) had dropped four of his previous five decisions and was 3-4 with a 6.32 ERA in his past eight starts. "I knew I had to be a lot better than I had been," Lynn said. "It was bad." Lynn came out against the Phillies with an aggressive mindset, which paid immediate dividends. He realized quickly that he had rediscovered his early season groove. "I had good stuff early on and I could feel it," Lynn said. "I knew I had it from the get-go. I was able to attack with my fastball and able to get into a rhythm." Lynn, who was 8-1 with a 2.76 ERA in his first 12 starts, gave up just five hits against the slumping Phillies, who have scored just nine runs during the five-game skid. He struck out six and walked four. Lynns turnaround came at a perfect time. St. Louis is set to embark on an 11-game road swing beginning Friday in Atlanta. Lynn, whose last win came on July 7, retired eight batters in a row from the fourth through seventh innings. He set the side down in order in the fifth and sixth on a combined 23 pitches. "Thats what weve been hoping to see," St. Louis manager Mike Matheny said. "He kept his focus and he still maintained his energy. He had impressive depth to his sinker." Closer Edward Mujica picked up his 30th save in 32 opportunities. He struck out two and is tied with Pittsburghs Jason Grilli for the most saves in the NL. Trevor Rosenthal pitched a scoreless eighth for the Cardinals. Mujica, who converted his first 21 save opportunities this season, needed to 14 pitches to nail down the victory. "At thhe beginning of the season, they gave me the ball in the seventh inning," Mujica said.dddddddddddd "I never thought about being a closer. This is unbelievable for me." St. Louis scored three times on four hits off Philadelphia starter Kyle Kendrick (9-7) in the third. Carpenter drove in Pete Kozma with a one-out single. Jay followed with an RBI triple and Adams added a run-scoring single. St. Louis, which leads Pittsburgh by 2 1/2 games in the NL Central, won five of six games on its homestand. "You show up every day wanting to play and you end up with good results," Carpenter said. "This was a big day for us." Kendrick allowed three runs and five hits over six innings. He gave up just one hit in five of the innings, but the third inning was costly. "One bad inning can lose a game for you," Kendrick said. "It was a quality start, but I had to pitch than that tonight and I didnt do it." Erik Kratz drove in the Phillies run with a single in the fourth. Philadelphia outfielder Steve Susdorf grounded into a double play in the seventh in his major league debut. He was recalled earlier in the day to replace Domonic Brown, who was placed on the seven-day concussion disabled list. The Phillies, who fell to 9-19 against NL Central foes, remain eight games behind Atlanta in the NL East. "At times, we have trouble putting anything on the board," Philadelphia manager Charlie Manuel said. "We got some hits, but we didnt have any real good chances." Notes: St. Louis OF Matt Holliday is expected to come off the disabled list on Saturday. Hollidays wife Leslee gave birth to a son, Reid Joshua, on Wednesday night. Holliday was placed on the 15-day disabled list on July 12 with a right hamstring strain. ... The Cardinals open their lengthy road trip with three in Atlanta. Adam Wainwright (13-5, 2.44) will face Mike Minor (9-5, 2.88) in the opener of a three-game series. Philadelphia begins a three-game series in Detroit on Friday. Cole Hamels (4-12, 4.16) takes on Doug Fister (8-5, 3.90) in the series opener. ... Allen Craig had a nine-game hitting streak snapped Thursday. ... Jimmy Rollins and John Mayberry Jr. had two hits each in the game. ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz