Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 43 mal aufgerufen
 Forenspiele
jj009 Offline

ChAôt

25.09.2019 13:54
he end of the day is, can we say with certainty, that expansion would add strength to the conference? I think theres a lot of di Antworten

TULSA, Okla. -- Oklahoma president and Big 12 board chair David Boren said Wednesday that Big 12 expansion is not a sure thing and that he is not certain there will be any decision on expansion at the leagues next board meeting in October.I would just caution you and say, I would not take expansion as a given, Boren said after the university regents meeting on Oklahomas campus in Tulsa. Im not saying there wont be expansion. But Im not saying it can be automatically assumed that there will be expansion.The Big 12 announced in July that it was authorizing commissioner Bob Bowlsby to explore expansion and begin negotiation with potential candidates.Last week, conference leaders met with officials from 11 candidates in Dallas for roughly two hours apiece, sources told ESPN.com.Theyve all done an excellent job at putting their best foot forward and showing their strengths, Boren said of the list of expansion finalists, which comprise Air Force, BYU, Central Florida, Cincinnati, Colorado State, Connecticut, Houston, Rice, SMU, South Florida and Tulane. The question at the end of the day is, can we say with certainty, that expansion would add strength to the conference? I think theres a lot of discussion that will have to go on before we reach that decision.One of the impetuses for expansion has been the pro rata clauses that were written in the current contracts that mandate Big 12 television partners ESPN and Fox pay the conference up to $25 million a year for each member the league adds.Boren said that while the pro rata bumps are motivation for expansion, theyre also a concern.We do have a relationship to maintain, not only short term, but long term with the networks, Boren said. When you have a partnership and you have a friendship, it isnt just for today, its long term. And I think you have to think about long-term implications in any action we take. If we were to expand by two teams, four teams, that has financial implications for the networks. I think we have to see if that adds to the long-term stability or not.The Big 12 presidents are scheduled to meet again Oct. 17 in Irving, Texas, where expansion likely will be the hot topic.Even though Bowlsby has encouraged the league not to drag out the expansion discussion, Boren said it was unlikely that there would be a special meeting before October, and that the league was not going to rush into any particular decision.Im not certain there will be a decision at the October board meeting on expansion at this time, he said. Were going to look at every way in which we can make the conference stronger and better. But Im not sure the automatic answer to that is expansion.The situation is still pretty fluid. Fake Shoes UK . -- An ugly goal by Nick Bonino helped the Anaheim Ducks overcome the defensive-minded Phoenix Coyotes on a night when their ragged power play continued to struggle. Wholesale Shoes UK Free Shipping . Just as Montreal was settling into the first full working week of a new year, the Impact announced the appointment of their new head coach. https://www.shoesukonline.com/ . A lawyer for MLB, Matthew Menchel, confirmed Wednesday the league dropped its case against Biogenesis of America, its owner Anthony Bosch and several other individuals. The lawsuit had accused Biogenesis and Bosch of conspiring with players to violate their contracts by providing them with banned performance-enhancing substances. Shoes UK From China . Tomas Berdych and Radek Stepanek defeated Nenad Zimonjic and Ilija Bozoljac 6-2, 6-4, 7-6 (4) on the indoor hard-court at Belgrade Arena. The victory improved the Czech pairs impressive cup doubles record to 14-1. Shoes Online UK Review . Woodson said during a radio interview Thursday that the Knicks Carmelo Anthony doesnt get the same calls as other superstars. Bangladesh opener Tamim Iqbal has said the team has to shake off any satisfaction of having been competitive in the Chittagong Test against England in order to focus on the second Test in Mirpur. The buzz from the 22-run defeat was still present, however, as the team trained on Wednesday.Everyone is saying that we played well but we have discussed as a team that we cannot be so happy with so little, Tamim said. We wont be able to improve if we have that mentality. I know we were competitive but we should have won the game. We can take positives from the first Test, like we competed for five days. It would have been a different story had we won the game.I know our Test record isnt great but we will try our best in every way to win the next game, which is a belief that is held by every cricketer who plays for Bangladesh. We will try to do our job properly from the first to last ball.The Chittagong Test was Bangladeshs narrowest loss in terms of runs, the previous being the 77-run defeat to West Indies in 2012. Tamim, who made 78 in the first innings, said being competitive wasnt enough anymore; Bangladesh have won only seven out of 94 Tests.Tamim said the team was less focused on the toss, the pitch, or DRS ahead of the second Test, and more on improving the batting annd bowling.ddddddddddddI think the less I talk about the last game, the better, he said. It was a good Test match, but we lost in the end. Five years from now, it will read that we lost the game. We should stick to the processes and planning that we have. We are discussing more on what we can do with bat and ball, not on the wicket or the toss.It is not easy to return to cricket after 14 months but I think the players adapted very well. The batsmen moved from T20s to ODIs to Test cricket. We have a number of Tests in the next six months, so we want to use the rhythm from the Chittagong Test for the future.Tamim said Bangladesh should do better in favourable conditions and batsmen should look to score more runs after they were set. The wicket in Chittagong was in our favour but we still lost the game. We have to reduce our mistakes and bowl according to the wicket.Batting wasnt easy on that wicket but we had our moments. I think we should have stretched those moments a bit. If the wicket remains the same in Dhaka, the batsman should score 20-25 runs more after they are settled.The second Test against England begins in Mirpur on October 28. ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz