Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 36 mal aufgerufen
 Forenspiele
jj009 Offline

ChAôt

23.09.2019 13:02
ted 2014 top-10 draft pick, who struggled with off-field issues and could never live up to his pre-draft hype with the Browns.Gi Antworten

PITTSBURGH -- Pittsburgh Steelers cornerback Justin Gilbert welcomes the opportunity for a fresh start.The Steelers traded their 2018 sixth-round draft pick to Cleveland on Saturday for Gilbert, an embattled yet talented 2014 top-10 draft pick, who struggled with off-field issues and could never live up to his pre-draft hype with the Browns.Gilbert is aware of his perception and wants to change it in Pittsburgh.Im excited for this new opportunity, Gilbert said. Words cant even explain how excited I am right now. Everybodys welcoming me with open arms. Im just grateful.Gilbert, the eighth overall pick in 2014, practiced in Pittsburgh for the first time Monday. The 6-foot, 202-pound Gilbert appeared in 23 games with Cleveland, making three starts in two seasons, with 39 tackles and one interception.Concerns about his behavior off the field didnt help matters. He was suspended by the team for the final game of his rookie season, was involved in a September 2015 road rage incident, and admittedly missed team meetings. Gilbert insists those days are gone.Theres a lot of things that can distract you when you come in fresh out of college, Gilbert said. After a year in the league and not getting done what I wanted to get done, its kind of changed me.Gilbert, who missed the Browns third preseason game with a concussion, doesnt think the lofty expectations of being a top-10 pick were too much to handle. He cited a lack of consistency as the reason things didnt work in Cleveland.Gilbert believes the locker room leadership in Pittsburgh will help his development.These guys know what it takes to win a championship, Gilbert said. You have quality leaders on offense and defense. So Im just coming in, looking up to those guys and following their lead for now.This is the second straight year Pittsburgh traded a draft pick in an attempt to improve its secondary. Last season, the Steelers sent a fifth-rounder to Philadelphia for cornerback Brandon Boykin, who is no longer with the team. The Steelers drafted Artie Burns No. 25 overall in April, the first time the team took a cornerback in the opening round since Chad Scott in 1997.Veteran William Gay and third-year cornerback Ross Cockrell are the starters, at least for now). Rookie Sean Davis is the first-team slot cornerback. Senquez Golson, the Steelers 2015 second-round pick, suffered a Lisfranc foot injury early in training camp that will keep him out long term. The team cut 2015 fourth-round pick Doran Grant on Saturday.Gilbert said he isnt concerned with playing time. He just wants to finish the year with the Steelers.If Im playing good, Ill be out there. If not, I probably wont be, Gilbert said. Hopefully, Ill be out there.The Steelers hope a change of scenery can help Gilbert realize his potential.All I know is what I can do and what Im going to do for this franchise, just going out and proving it every day, Gilbert said. I dont really want to talk about it so much, but just show it with my actions on the field and my play.Game notes The Steelers chose their team captains for the 2016 season. QB Ben Roethlisberger is the offensive captain, while Gay and DE Cam Heyward are the defensive captains. Safety Robert Golden is special teams captain.---AP NFL website: www.pro32.ap.org and www.twitter.com/AP-NFL Stitched NFL Jerseys . Hey!" The lower tier of the School End of Queens Park Rangers Loftus Road was packed solid with a very festive-sounding Chelsea choral section in this particular part of South Africa Road London, W12. Discount NFL Jerseys 2020 .ca! Hi Kerry, Its another day and here we are looking at another dubious hit to the head. In this case Blue Jackets forward Brandon Dubinsky elbowed Saku Koivu in the head about a second after he dished off the puck to a teammate, knocking him unconscious. https://www.nfljerseys2020.com/ . After a lengthy wait, persistent rain finally forced the postponement of the Nationals game against the Miami Marlins on Saturday night. The teams, and a few thousand fans, waited nearly four hours from the 7:05 scheduled start time before an announcement was made shortly before 11 p. Stitched NFL Jerseys . Perez, 35, posted a 1-2 record with a 3.69 earned-run average in 19 relief appearances last season. His season ended Aug. 9 due to a torn ligament in his left elbow. Perez joins infielder Andy LaRoche and catcher Mike Nickeas with minor-league agreements for 2014 that include invitations to attend spring training. Cheap NFL Jerseys China .S. hockey team after paying his dues as an NHL general manager for more than three decades and giving up a lot of his free time to help USA Hockey. INDIANAPOLIS -- When Tony Stewart dreamed about winning at Indianapolis Motor Speedway, he never contemplated saying goodbye.He still cant find the words.Now, as Stewart prepares for his final Brickyard 400, hes brushing aside any talk about nostalgic reflections so he can focus instead on making one more trip to victory lane.You guys can ask me all about how Im feeling, thinking, whatever but youre wasting my time and your time, he said before Fridays practice began. All I care about is driving that race car right now. It is probably the most focused Ive been getting ready for a race. Im not amped up, or anything like that. Im just really relaxed and focused and feel good going into it.Try as he might to downplay it, this is not just another race or just another track for Stewart.Indiana is where he developed his affinity for dirt tracks and A.J. Foyt, and where his talent broke through the fierce, sometimes temperamental moments. It was here at Indianapolis that he knew he would define his career.After being born in Rushville, Indiana, and attending high school in Columbus, Indiana, Stewart got his first big break when former IMS CEO Tony George started his own series for promising American drivers like Stewart, who struggled to find job openings with IndyCar teams.Stewart quickly emerged as one of the series bright, young faces by winning the 1997 series championship. After five seasons and no Indianapolis 500 wins, Stewart left his home state for the higher-profile, better-paying NASCAR circuit that turned him into a megastar.Over the past 18 seasons, Stewart has made 601 starts, won 49 races and three Cup championships.But the Brickyard wins in 2005 and 2007 were the ones he cherished most, and picking up No. 50 on his home track would be a fitting end to a 20-year run at the Brickyard.It would be all right, I guess, Stewart joked. No, it would be cool because this is one of the marquee races. Everybody wants to win here. Definitely, I want to win here myself.Stewart insists he will not take any distractions into Sundays race even though the signs are all around that this weekend is different.His parents and stepfather sat in the fronnt row of Fridays pre-race news conference.dddddddddddd. At the end, he graciously accepted a gift from speedway president Doug Boles -- pieces of the fencing he climbed after each of his Brickyard wins.His answers sounded like a throwback to his early IndyCar days when he routinely responded to questions about track conditions or just about anything else at Indy with a nonchalant answer about throwing dirt on the track.I have no clue how many friends and family will be here this weekend, it was not my responsibility to get them all here, Stewart said when asked about potential distractions. I will see them after the race is over, but Im going to go to work here in a minute, and that is all I care about doing for three days.This weekend has started much like Stewarts season -- off script.The race billed as Farewell Smoke has been somewhat overshadowed by Jeff Gordons comeback bid in the No. 88 car. While his friends are disappointed that Stewart doesnt have the stage to himself, Stewart embraces it.He rallied from a rugged, injury-plagued start with three top-five finishes in the last four races, including his first win of the season at Sonoma, just like he did at Indianapolis. After finishing 24th on the speed chart with a fast lap of 180.505 mph Friday, he came within a whisker of earning his second Brickyard 400 pole. Hell start third, right behind pole winner Kyle Busch, after going 184.328 in qualifying.And it seems everyone has embraced the two sentimental favorites this weekend.To have Tony Stewart in his final race, Jeff Gordon in his final race -- Part 2, it is a big time, four-time Brickyard winner Jimmie Johnson said. I can only imagine how loud they are going to be at driver intros.Or how crazy the fans would get if the 45-year-old Stewart winds up scaling the fence one more time before focusing on team ownership full-time.Even now, Stewart cant quite find the proper description.Im not doing all the sentimental, crying stuff you guys think Im going to be doing, he said. Im going to race this weekend. ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz