Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 37 mal aufgerufen
 Forenspiele
x123 Offline

ChAôt

18.09.2019 14:36
158 in what would be his eighth defence of the welterweight title. Using his superior athleticism, St-Pierre cruised to a five Antworten

MINNEAPOLIS -- Minnesota quarterback Mitch Leidner is still working his way back from a concussion, clearing the way for former walk-on Conor Rhoda to start his second straight game when the Golden Gophers host Rutgers on Saturday.Leidner was listed as out by the team on Tuesday due to a concussion suffered against Iowa on Oct. 8, though that designation is open to re-evaluation later in the week. Coach Tracy Claeys said that Leidner would be able to do some light work in practice this week, but that it would be difficult to get enough work to properly prepare for the game.We put a lot more on the quarterbacks plate now than what we have in the past, and you need to practice, Claeys said. So Im not saying that he wont, but I think its extremely difficult for that.That opens the door for Rhoda, who was awarded a scholarship in the spring and has played his way up the depth chart. The long climb culminated in his first career start last week at Maryland, and he threw for 82 yards, a touchdown and no interceptions in a 31-10 victory that snapped a two-game losing streak to open Big Ten play.I felt confident and comfortable going into that one, but now after going through that whole experience and getting a win, just showing our team that I can go out there and do it and we can win a Big Ten road game with me back there, just gives me a ton of confidence, Rhoda said. I know it gives the rest of the guys confidence in me, too, so its a huge help.Making things easier on Rhoda was a strong running game, with Rodney Smith and Shannon Brooks rushing for 230 yards. It allowed Rhoda to ease into things in his first start, and with the defense dominating the Terrapins offense, Claeys said the Gophers went with a more conservative game plan.Conors capable of doing a lot more things than that, Claeys said.Rhoda was a standout at local football power Cretin-Derham Hall High School and had options once he graduated. But he wanted to play in the Big Ten, even though he was warned by coaches and family that the path from walk-on to starter would be particularly difficult for him.I was told by people I consulted with when I was going through that decision my senior year of high school is that its one thing to walk on to a big ten program but its another thing to do it as a quarterback, Rhoda said. Walking on as a quarterback and trying to earn that spot is probably one of the toughest things you can do in college football because they are always going to bring in a quarterback.Once he made the decision to stay close to his family and try to make the Gophers, Minnesota coaches told him not to worry about other players who were recruited to come in and play. And even when coach Jerry Kill was forced to retire last season due to medical reasons, Rhoda said he never considered transferring.There were maybe a couple of times I think it was I wasnt necessarily happy with the situation was in, Rhoda said. I dont think I ever really truly thought hard about leaving. I love the university as a whole and my family is so close to here and all my extended family is within a half-hour of the twin cities. Its really at home for me and it is the place I wanted to be.When he took the field last week, Rhoda said he made sure to look around and soak up the moment. And it will only be better in his first home game this week.Before the game I kept walking out there and looking at the field and it was an experience that I will never forget, he said. Definitely if I get that opportunity to play this week that will be a whole other experience doing it in front of a home crowd and Im sure a bunch of my family will be able to make it and there will be that much more of an experience to be able to do it at home.---Online: AP college website: collegefootball.ap.org Nike Air Force 1 Salg . Pert has formerly spent time as an assistant coach with Cardiff City, Coventry City, and Bahrain mens national team. "Martyn is a highly-respected coach with experience at the top levels in England," said Whitecaps FC head coach Carl Robinson. Nike Juvenate Norge . The giant slalom world champion slipped during her first run in the morning, landing on her back and then twisting forward before getting her leg caught in the protective material on the side of the slope. http://www.airforce1norge.com/nike-roshe-one-norge.html . After slipping from the summit during the week, the Gunners overcame struggling Crystal Palace 2-0 on Sunday thanks to Alex Oxlade-Chamberlains second-half brace. Air Force 1 Just Do It Norge . On Mar. 16, coming off a "fight of the year" performance at UFC 154 the previous November, St-Pierre faced Nick Diaz at UFC 158 in what would be his eighth defence of the welterweight title. Using his superior athleticism, St-Pierre cruised to a five round, unanimous decision victory setting up a much-anticipated title defence against number one contender Johny Hendricks. Nike Tanjun Norge . PAUL, Minn. SEATTLE -- Jewell Loyd scored 26 points, and Breanna Stewart had 10 points, seven rebounds, eight assists and two blocked shots to help the Seattle Storm beat the Washington Mystics 80-51 on Friday night.After the game, the Storm retired three-time WNBA MVP Lauren Jacksons No. 15 jersey. The seven-time All-Star helped Seattle win two WNBA titles, earning Finals MVP honors in 2010.Sue Bird and Kaleena Mosqueda-Lewis added 12 points apiece for the Storm (8-13). Mosqueda-Lewis hit a career-high four 3-pointers, and Bird had seven assists.Stewart hit a 3-pointer that sparked a 21-9 run -- during which Loyd scored nine points -- and Seattle led by at least eight the rest of the way.ddddddddddddhe Mystics (9-13) shot a season-worst 29 percent (20 of 69) from the field, tied their lowest scoring output in a quarter this season with eight points in the second and scored nine in the fourth.Emma Meesseman had 16 points and 10 rebounds for Washington, which is ranked eighth in the AP WNBA power poll.The 11th-ranked Storm have had at least 20 assists in each of their last four games. ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz