Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 38 mal aufgerufen
 Forenspiele
x123 Offline

ChAôt

17.09.2019 15:35
po put the Angels ahead 2-1 in the fourth with an RBI single, following a one-out triple to right-centre by Kendrick. But the Do Antworten

LINCOLN, Neb. -- Creightons 90-points-a-game offense didnt show up until late against Nebraska.No problem. The 10th-ranked Bluejays were still more than good enough to beat their in-state rival again.Maurice Watson Jr. scored a season-high 25 points, Cole Huff added 13 and Creighton dominated the second half in a 77-62 victory Wednesday night.We had to win kind of an ugly game, and they were trying to make us play that way, Bluejays coach Greg McDermott said. Thats probably the fewest fast-break points weve had all season. I like to think our pace wears you out over time, and we had a hard time with it.The Bluejays (9-0) have won 15 of 18 meetings with the Cornhuskers (5-4), including the last six by double digits.Tai Webster had 16 points and Ed Morrow had 13 rebounds for the Huskers, who trailed 31-30 at halftime but went scoreless for 6 1/2 minutes in the second half. Creighton bolted to a 51-37 lead, and in the last 3 minutes it was a 21-point game.It makes me disappointed and sick to my stomach we couldnt foster a better fight, Huskers coach Tim Miles said. I thought we were in good shape until Tai picked up his fourth foul, and then we went on a long, long drought.Watson carried the scoring load in the Bluejays first true road game as Nebraska clamped down on Marcus Foster and Justin Patton. Foster had seven points and Patton had nine, both season lows.The Cornhuskers defense left driving lanes open for Watson, and the senior point guard took advantage. He made 10 of 20 shots. Hes never taken more than 21 shots in his career.My teammates kept saying for me to go, go go, and I kind of got comfortable, Watson said.The Huskers shot 32.4 percent overall and were just 3 of 22 on 3-point attempts.We took too many of them, Webster said. Like Coach Miles says: `Love the 2, like the 3. Thats when were at our best.Creightons Toby Hegner dunked with 3 1/2 minutes left, prompting the small contingent of Bluejays fans to chant C-U, C-U as the Nebraska faithful began heading to the exits. Big Red fans who remained booed Davion Mintzs fast-break dunk in the final seconds.The victory allowed Creighton to tie the all-time series 25-25.THE BIG PICTURECreighton: The Bluejays first road trip was a bumpy ride. The flow was choppy, and they couldnt get moving at the speed they like until after the game was decided.Nebraska: The Huskers are not a good offensive team to begin with, and they were worse than that against the Bluejays. You cant be that inept on offense and expect to win, Miles said.PATTON KEPT IN CHECKPatton, the Bluejays 7-foot redshirt freshman, was held under 10 points for the first time in nine games. He did have eight rebounds, three blocked shots and a steal.Its his first time playing in front of a crowd totally against us, and hell learn from it, McDermott said.HE SAID ITIf this doesnt hurt you, nothing does. If youre (home) tonight in another 20 minutes and playing video games until 1 a.m., you dont really care. Youve got to hate losing. Weve got teach them how to win, too. -- Miles.POLL IMPLICATIONSCreighton is No. 10 for the second straight week and is in no danger of dropping in the Top 25 after a convincing win over Nebraska and a near gimme at home on Friday against Longwood.UP NEXTCreighton hosts Longwood on Friday.Nebraska visits No. 3 Kansas on Saturday.---More AP college basketball: www.collegebasketball.ap.org and https://twitter.com/AP-Top25 . Nike Vapormax Kengät .H. -- Matt Kenseth made it 2 for 2 in the Chase, holding off teammate Kyle Busch to win Sunday at New Hampshire Motor Speedway. Myydään Vapormax . -- The goal posts lying flat on the field, Arizonas fans lingered on the field, congregating around the locker room entrance nearly 30 minutes after rushing out of the stands. http://www.vapormaxsuomi.com/vapormax-flyknit-2-ale.html . The team also announced Tuesday that the Braves will wear a commemorative patch on the right sleeve during the season. The patch, shaped like home plate, carries the number 715, Aarons autograph and a "40th Anniversary" banner. Nike Vapormax Suomi . It was Kerbers third final of the year after losing to Anastasia Pavlyuchenkova of Russia in Monterrey in April and to Petra Kvitova of Czech Republic in Tokyo two weeks ago. The 10th-ranked German improved her record in finals to 3-5. Nike Vapormax Tukku . Kuznetsov, who was selected by the Capitals in the first round of the 2010 NHL Entry Draft, has been playing for his hometown team Chelyabinsk Traktor of the KHL. ANAHEIM, Calif. -- The Los Angeles Angels are ignoring the standings and just focusing on playing the game. That attitude has helped them put together their best stretch of the season. Jason Vargas completed an undefeated May with seven sharp innings, Howie Kendrick doubled twice and scored three runs, and the Angels beat the Dodgers 3-2 Thursday night on Chris Nelsons tiebreaking RBI single to salvage a split of the four-game Freeway Series. The Angels have won 10 of 12 but have gained only 3 1/2 games in the AL West standings during that stretch and still trail division-leading Texas by 8 1/2. "I cant even tell you the last time I even thought about a deficit. I cant even tell you how many games Texas or any other team has won or lost," Kendrick said. "The biggest thing for us is just to put up Ws and go from there. The more you worry about those things, the tougher it gets." Vargas (5-3) allowed two runs and five hits, struck out six and walked two. The left-hander was 5-0 with a 2.30 ERA in six starts this month, after going 0-3 with a 4.85 ERA in five starts during April. "I dont really have an answer for that, other than getting more outs," Vargas said. "There wasnt anything I tried to change or do differently. Im just being more consistent." Vargas has three of the victories during the Angels recent surge. "I faced Vargas for years when he was with Seattle, and you know what youre going to get," Kendrick said. "I mean, the guy finds a way to get it done." Ernesto Frieri pitched a scoreless ninth for his 12th save in 13 attempts, one night after giving up home runs to Adrian Gonzalez and Scott Van Slyke in a save. Ted Lilly (0-2) was charged with three runs, five hits and three walks in 5 2-3 innings and struck out three. "Hes kind of crafty because hes got that windup where he kind of throws off your timing a little bit. So the biggest thing is to try to wait for him to make a mistake," Kendrick said. "He made a few mistakes tonight and we were able to put some runs on the board, but he threw pretty well." Lilly was a strike away from getting out of the sixth but walked Chris Iannetta on a borderline pitch on the inside corner, putting runners at the corners. Manager Don Mattingly then replaced the left-hander with Ronald Belisario. "I didnt get the key out in the sixth when I needed it," Lilly said. "I gave up a double to Kendrick. I had Iannetta and ended up letting that at-bat get away. I had him 1-2 and didnt put him away. The objective is not just to feel good at this point. The objective was to get the job done. But I walked three guys and I only went 5 2-3 innings. Not enough was woorking right.dddddddddddd." Nelson, making his first appearance in the Angels starting lineup as the designated hitter after getting claimed off waivers from the Yankees on May 17, drove in Kendrick with a bouncing single off Belisarios glove to snap a 2-all tie. Another infield hit by J.B. Shuck loaded the bases, but Belisario retired Erick Aybar on a groundout after getting a visit from pitching coach Rick Honeycutt. The Dodgers played without slumping centre fielder Matt Kemp, who was placed on the 15-day disabled list one day after straining his right hamstring chasing down a double to right-centre by Mike Trout. The Angels scratched right fielder Josh Hamilton was not in the starting lineup for the second time in three games because of back spasms. But he entered to play right field in the eighth with the Angels trying to protect their one-run lead. Alberto Callaspo put the Angels ahead 2-1 in the fourth with an RBI single, following a one-out triple to right-centre by Kendrick. But the Dodgers tied it when Ramon Hernandez drove Vargas first pitch of the fifth inning into the left field bullpen for his second home run with the club. Carl Crawford, who came in 0 for 9 against Vargas, drove his second pitch of the game over the head of right fielder Mark Trumbo for a triple and scored on Gonzalezs sacrifice fly. Crawford turned in the Dodgers best defensive play of the season in the bottom half, racing full speed on a flyball down the left field line by the switch-hitting Callaspo and making a diving catch across the chalk before slamming into the short wall in front of the box seats. Kendrick had to stay put at first base, but he eventually scored the tying run when Iannetta followed with a two-out RBI double over the head of Andre Ethier -- who started in centre field while Van Slyke played right. Kemp, a two-time Gold Glove winner, is on the DL for the fourth time in his career -- including two stints last season because of a left hamstring strain that ended his consecutive game playing streak at 399 and cost him a combined 51 games. The Dodgers were 24-27 in his absence. The MVP runner-up two seasons ago, was hitting .251 with two homers and 17 RBIs in 51 games following off-season shoulder surgery, and has struck out 60 times in 191 at-bats. NOTES: First base ump Gary Darling blew a call in the Angels eighth, ruling Shuck safe on a slow bouncer to a charging Mark Ellis. TV replays clearly showed Shuck was out by a step, and Mattingly came out to argue. ... The Angels are 51-31 against the Dodgers in the regular season since hiring manager Mike Scioscia, who has caught more games than anyone in Dodgers history. ... Iannetta came in 2 for 16 lifetime against Lilly. ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz