Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 41 mal aufgerufen
 Forenspiele
jj009 Offline

ChAôt

16.09.2019 13:53
Shenzhen, China, will now play for positions five to eight. They meet South Korea on Sunday. Nicholas Hoag of Sherbrooke, Que., Antworten

KAZAN, Russia -- Erica Wiebe of Stittsville, Ont., won bronze in wrestlings 72-kilogram weight class at the Summer Universiade on Saturday, while Canadas womens 4x200-metre freestyle relay team also won bronze to boost the Canadian teams medal total to 12. Wiebe, a two-time CIS champion for the University of Calgary, defeated Gozol Zuova of Azerbaijan to reach the podium. She lost to Russias Ekaterina Bukina in the quarter-finals earlier in the day, but was qualified for the bronze match through the repechage. "This day was awesome," said Wiebe. "I had Bukina, a former world medallist, and I knew she was going to be really tough. I was heartbroken that I lost, but I knew I was going to come back in the repechage. As soon as my match was over, I refocused and set a goal of leaving with a medal. "At the end of those six minutes, I was so happy and relieved to achieve my goal." Natasha Kramble of Saskatoon also battled for bronze Saturday. The University of Saskatchewan product missed the podium at 48 kilograms after losing to Mariya Livach of Ukraine. At the pool, the womens relay team of Calgarys Lindsay Delmar, Torontos Brittany MacLean and Paige Schultz, and Vancouvers Savannah King won bronze behind Russia, which won gold, and the United States. It was the second medal of the Games for MacLean and Paige, who also captured bronze with the 4x100 free relay. "We always feel some pressure because we want to medal every time we jump in the pool," said MacLean, a 2012 Olympian. "We were so excited because relays are fun and our teammates really supported us." Canada was fourth behind Australia when King dove into the water for the final 200 metres. "Its always good to be pushed," said King, a two-time Olympian. "Australia gave us more energy and helped us reach the podium." The medals boosted Canadas total to one gold, five silver and five bronze after nine days at the 27th World University Games. In other swimming finals, Schultz was seventh in the womens 200 individual medley, while Zack Chetrat of Oakville, Ont., was seventh in the mens 200 butterfly. In mens volleyball, Canada (3-2) saw its medal hopes vanish with a disappointing straight-set loss to Ukraine in the quarter-finals (25-21, 25-23, 25-23). The Canadians, who finished fourth in 2011 in Shenzhen, China, will now play for positions five to eight. They meet South Korea on Sunday. Nicholas Hoag of Sherbrooke, Que., paced the Canadian attack with 15 kills, while Steven Marshall of Abbotsford, B.C., had 14. "They were good in their block and their defence, so its a credit to all of our spikers that they were able to get all of the kills that they did," said Canadian head coach Larry McKay. In womens volleyball, the Canadians downed Taiwan in four sets of 27-25, 14-25, 25-20 and 27-25 to advance to the consolation final for fifth place. Canada (2-2) wraps up the tournament against Japan on Sunday. Canadas top finishes in 18 previous appearances at the biennial competition were a pair of fourth places in 1983 and 1997. Kyla Richey, a senior national team member from Roberts Creek, B.C., led the offence with 13 kills. In womens basketball, Miah-Marie Langlois of Windsor, Ont., scored a game-high 26 points in Canadas 75-72 overtime loss to Sweden in consolation action. Langlois drained a late three-pointer and Dartmouth, N.S., native Rachelle Coward made a free throw to end the fourth quarter and send the game to overtime. Canada play Hungary for seventh place on Monday. In womens soccer, Canada (3-2) blanked Estonia 3-0 in consolation action and will face Russia for ninth place Monday. In mens water polo, the Canadians suffered their fifth loss in six contests, dropping a 9-3 decision to Montenegro in the consolation side of the draw. Theyll wrap up the 12-team competition against Belgium on Monday. Canadian tennis players won three matches in consolation play. Phil Anderson of Halifax prevailed 7-5, 6-3 in his second singles match, Dominique Harmath of Toronto was a 6-2, 6-2 victor and advanced to the consolation semifinals, while Kristina Sanjevic of Edmonton downed her opponent 6-4, 6-2 in her third contest. In shooting, Jeremy Gyoerick of Prince Albert, Sask., began competition by placing 38th in the 10-metre air pistol event. Chance Adams Yankees Jersey . -- James Young couldnt wait to apply those tweaks to his jump shot, and the first one he made against UT Arlington told him it could be a good night. Whitey Ford Jersey . First off, the fans ripped the Cubbies introduction of a fuzzy new kid-friendly mascot named "Clark". https://www.cheapyankees.com/1491g-giancarlo-stanton-jersey-yankees.html . - Oakland Raiders running back Rashad Jennings was speaking to a group of local high school students earlier this week when the conversation turned to the importance of being prepared when opportunities in life arise. Gio Urshela Yankees Jersey . -- Jacksonville wide receiver Cecil Shorts will likely be a game-time decision whether hell play Sunday in the Jaguars home game against the San Diego Chargers. Tyler Wade Yankees Jersey . The person spoke to The Associated Press on condition of anonymity because the Lions have not announced the hiring, which was first reported by ESPN. Lombardi, the grandson of former Green Bay Hall of Fame coach Vince Lombardi, has been an offensive assistant on Sean Paytons New Orleans staff since 2007. RALEIGH, N.C. -- The Carolina Hurricanes have signed first-round draft picks Jake Bean and Julien Gauthier to three-year entry-level contracts.The Hurricanes announced both deals Saturday. They chose Bean, a defenseman, with the 13th overall selection and Gauthier, a forward, with the No. 21 pick. Both deals pay $832,500 on the NHL level or $70,000 on the American Hockey League level, with a signing bonus of $277,500.The 18-yeaar-old Bean scored 24 goals and had 40 assists in 68 regular-season games for the Calgary Hitmen with the Western Hockey League last season.ddddddddddddThe 18-year-old Gauthier ranked tied for sixth among all Quebec Major Junior Hockey League skaters last year with 41 goals in 54 regular-season games. ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz