Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 39 mal aufgerufen
 Forenspiele
jj009 Offline

ChAôt

12.09.2019 13:37
ch believed Briles had handled the matter honorably.Baylor has struggled for two years with a sexual assault scandal. Regents ha Antworten

WACO, Texas -- Baylor University has explained for the first time how former football coach Art Briles and others responded to a womans claims that she was gang-raped by five of his players.The student-athlete informed her head coach in April 2013 that she had been assaulted a year earlier and provided the names of the football players, university officials told The Dallas Morning News (http://bit.ly/2ftNXrC ) in a statement Friday.The university said the coach reported the matter to Briles, former athletic director Ian McCaw and a sports administrator. But no one reported it to the universitys office of Judicial Affairs, as required by federal law, according to the statement.Briles and McCaw have acknowledged they did not report it to Judicial Affairs, the university said. Baylor officials said McCaw, who could not be reached for comment, initially denied having any knowledge of the student-athletes allegation, but later admitted the womans head coach had told him.The internal system of discipline operated by (Briles) was not in line with the universitys mission and obligations, Baylor regents chairman Ron Murff told the newspaper. To Arts credit, he took responsibility for this in discussions with the Board of Regents and in a national media interview.Briles lawyer, Ernest Cannon, denies Baylors account.As usual everything Baylor is saying is false, Cannon told the newspaper, adding, Theyre up to the same underhanded and dirty tricks.Earlier this month, Baylor footballs offensive coordinator Kendal Briles, Arts son, and other coaches issued a statement arguing that the student-athletes head coach told the elder Briles that he had reported the assault to McCaw and the Judicial Affairs office himself. It also said that the victims head coach believed Briles had handled the matter honorably.Baylor has struggled for two years with a sexual assault scandal. Regents have told The Wall Street Journal that 17 women had reported domestic violence or sexual assaults that involved 19 football players since 2011, including four gang rapes, and also have told The Dallas Morning News that the school is reviewing about 125 cases of sexual assault or harassment campus-wide.Art Briles was fired in May, and McCaw resigned. The scandal also led to the demotion of school president Kenneth Starr, who later resigned.On Thursday, billionaire businessman Drayton McLane, whose name adorns Baylors football stadium, said he wants to see Briles honor restored and any evidence that led to his dismissal publicly released by regents. McLane and a group of influential alumni and donors called Bears for Leadership Reform are demanding more transparency from regents, including the release of what was uncovered by a Philadelphia law firms investigation into how the school handled sexual assaults.---Information from: The Dallas Morning News, http://www.dallasnews.com Pete Alonso Jersey . According the Toronto Star, a knee injury will keep Sundin out of the lineup, which includes former teammates Gary Roberts, Darcy Tucker, Tie Domi and Curtis Joseph. Jacob deGrom Mets Jersey . -- Jakob Silfverberg is making himself right at home with the Anaheim Ducks, scoring four goals in his first four games. http://www.metsbaseballauthentic.com/nolan-ryan-mets-jersey/ . It was just business as usual for the Thunder at home. Durant scored 32 points and the Thunder beat the Bulls 107-95 on Thursday night for their eighth straight win. Nolan Ryan Mets Jersey . Just as Montreal was settling into the first full working week of a new year, the Impact announced the appointment of their new head coach. Mike Piazza Jersey . With his new coach and six-time Grand Slam singles champion Boris Becker watching him during an official match for the first time, Djokovic appeared tentative early against the Slovakian player, who often appeared content to keep the ball in play. MIAMI -- Chris Bosh has issued a response to those who might think he should abandon his hopes of playing in the NBA again in order to ensure hes healthy to raise his five children.His message: His children are why he wants to keep playing.I want my children to know that Daddy was a fighter and he just didnt give up very easily, Bosh said.Bosh released the latest -- and since it was called Finale, presumably the last --?installment of his video series?on LeBron James Uninterrupted platform Tuesday, parts of which were apparently taped on the day the Miami Heat began training camp in the Bahamas last month.Bosh -- who had his last two seasons cut short because of blood clots -- remains on the Heat roster, though is no longer in the teams plans going forward after he failed his preseason physical last month and wasnt cleared to resume basketball activities. Hes owed nearly $76 million for the next three seasons, money that is guaranteed even if he doesnt play.What I would say to the people who just see the money and kind of see my situation and say, Hey, just walk away -- I get it.ddddddddddddI totally get it. I understand you. I hear you, Bosh said. But Im not really thinking about money. Im just thinking about where my heart is. I love the NBA. I love playing basketball every day for a living.Bosh, 32, repeated that he plans to continue trying to play, and said he believes basketball is just what Ive been placed here to do. He also said he wants his quest to play to serve as a reminder to people that giving up on a goal should not be done lightly.All I have to do is just leave and youll never hear from me again, Bosh said. Ill probably just do other things and Ill be fine -- and that makes it confusing, because I know where my heart is. And I would just feel like Im giving up if I just walked away, just easily like that. ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz