Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 45 mal aufgerufen
 DER CHAT
jokergreen0220 Offline

ChAôt

10.09.2019 09:05
BALTIMORE -- Orioles slugger Chris Davis was suspended 25 games without pay on Friday following a positive test for an amphetami Antworten

BALTIMORE -- Orioles slugger Chris Davis was suspended 25 games without pay on Friday following a positive test for an amphetamine, a punishment that will extend into the post-season and perhaps 2015. Vapormax Flyknit 2 Ale . Baltimore started Friday leading the AL East by 10 games with 17 left in the regular season, so the team will be without the 2013 home run champion deep into the playoffs. "I apologize to my teammates, coaches, the Orioles organization and especially the fans," Davis said in a statement. "I made a mistake by taking Adderall. I had permission to use it in the past, but do not have a therapeutic use exemption this year. I accept my punishment and will begin serving my suspension immediately." Adderall is a drug often used in the treatment of attention deficit hyperactivity disorder and narcolepsy, and 119 TUEs were issued for 40-man roster players in the year ending with the 2013 post-season. It is, however, also known as a performance and cognitive enhancer. Initial positive tests for a banned stimulant result in the player being given an additional six unannounced urine tests over the 12 months following the violation. The 25-game discipline is the penalty for a second positive test. The 28-year-old Davis informed manager Buck Showalter of the suspension on Thursday night. Davis is prohibited from entering the clubhouse during the ban. Davis has denied ever using performance-enhancing drugs. The Orioles are already without catcher Matt Wieters and third baseman Manny Machado, both of whom sustained season-ending injuries. The loss of Davis further hampers Baltimores chances of advancing in the playoffs. "First of all, we got to get to the post-season," Showalter said. "Our goal right now is to get there. It just means we will be without him for the rest of the regular season." Davis is batting .196 with 26 homers and 72 RBIs in 145 games, quite a dropoff from his numbers last year: .286 with 53 home runs and 138 RBIs. "A lot of people would like to hit 25 to 30 home runs and drive in 80 runs," Showalter said, projecting what might have been Davis final numbers for the season. Davis loses 17/183rds of his $10.35 million salary, which comes to $961,475. He already has earned a $150,000 bonus for reaching 500 plate appearances, and the suspension costs him the chance to earn another $150,000 for reaching 600. If he serves any part of the penalty during the 2015 regular season, he would lose part of next years salary. Because a team cant make roster changes in the middle of a post-season series except to replace injured players, Davis likely would be inactive through the league championship series. The suspension does not apply to spring training games. During spring training this year, Davis scoffed at accusations that his power surge came from PEDs. "It was frustrating when it first came up last year, because what happened to me was the culmination of a lot of hard work over the years," Davis said. "It was funny because people who didnt even know me were accusing me of using PEDs. My response was: Ive always had power. You go back to high school, Little League, minor leagues, college, Ive always had power. It was just a matter of putting the ball in play consistently." Although Davis performance this year has tailed off significantly, hes still been a big part of Baltimores surprising success. Hes contributed several clutch hits, played solidly at first base and often manned third base in the wake of Machados departure. "Im disappointed," Showalter said. "I know Chris is too. It is what it is. Were going to try and deal with it and move on. The timing is never good. Its one of those challenges." The Orioles immediately set out to make adjustments to cover his absence. "Ive got a lot of confidence in our guys," Showalter said. "Im always looking at the what-ifs. Weve had to plug some people in and theyve done a nice job for us." Having already been forced to cope with the loss of Wieters and Machado, Showalter didnt complain about the situation. "You have to learn to deal with the problems and challenges along the way," he said. "If they are self-inflicted, there is no woe is me. And this is self-inflicted." The suspension came as the Orioles were set to open a four-game series against the Yankees, who were 10 1/2 games back in the AL East. "Its disappointing any time a guy is suspended. You hate to see it in our game," New York manager Joe Girardi said. "I dont think well ever get away from it unfortunately. I think people are always going to try and beat the system. Were going to have to do deal with it." Davis is the fifth player suspended this year under the major league drug program and the second because of a positive amphetamine test. When San Diego outfielder Cameron Maybin was suspended for 25 games in July, he also cited use of an ADHD medication for which he previously had received a TUE. Nike Vapormax Suomi .com) - P.K. Subbans power-play goal 4:08 into overtime sent the Montreal Canadiens into the All-Star break with a 2-1 win over the Nashville Predators on Tuesday. Nike Vapormax Plus Suomi . -- Felix Girard scored on the power play in the third period to lift the Baie-Comeau Drakkar past the Blainville-Boisbriand Armada 4-3 in Quebec Major Junior Hockey League action Friday. http://www.vapormaxsuomi.com/vapormax-flyknit-3-ale.html . The (35-35-10) Jets have 80 points and are also playing .500 hockey on home ice this season with a 17-17-6 record. Michael Hutchinson will start his second straight game in goal. BIRMINGHAM, Ala. -- Ryan Hunter-Reay deftly guided his car around the rain-soaked track, stayed out of trouble and wound up with a much happier ending. Hunter-Reay coasted to his second straight victory at Barber Motorsports Park on Sunday when the rain-shortened IndyCar race finished under caution, with Andretti Autosport teammate Marco Andretti behind him. The win came two weeks after Hunter-Reay touched off what turned into a seven-car pileup with an ill-timed attempt to pass Josef Newgarden at Long Beach to end what had been a dominating performance. "The week after Long Beach was a pretty long one," Hunter-Reay said. "It was one where I just wanted to get back in a racecar as soon as I could. "We knew it would be tough here. When it came to race time, I had the car in the wet, I had the car in the dry. They gave me exactly what I needed. I knew it was going to be close to make it all work out because it was so easy to make a mistake today. Just thrilled. This victory feels real good." A full-course caution came out for the final seven minutes of the timed race after rookie Mikhail Aleshin lost control and went off the track. That left Hunter-Reay unchallenged. Scott Dixon was third, followed by Simon Pagenaud and pole-sitter Will Power, a two-time winner at Barber who had a slight but costly misjudgment on a slippery track in the tight Turn 5. "He was out there cutting the grass," Hunter-Reay said. "I had to take advantage of that. It was so easy to do that today. I almost lost this race three times." There was some slipping and sliding, especially in the minutes after the field switched from the wet tires with several drivers leaving the track. He passed Power on lap 16 when the Australian left the track and skirted by the tire barrier before pulling back on. "I kept creeping my braking point a little bit further and further, and I went too far," Power said. "Its tough to not push past the limits with wet patches everywhere. We really didnt have the pace in the dry anyway, but that sure didnt help our cause when I went off course." The turn is called "Charlottes Web" because of a huge spider sculpture stationed there. "I almost threw it away three or four times there myself," Hunter-Reay said. "It was just tiptoeing around. Nike Vapormax Tukku. It was a very fine line between getting it all right or getting it all wrong. "Any guy thats been in an IndyCar on the Web will tell you thats how it is. Youve got to go up the risk side to the get the reward out of it, but its really easy to throw it all away." Its the 12th career win for Hunter-Reay, who was alone up front during the caution until Andretti pulled even at the finish line to savour the moment with his teammate. He led three times for a total of 40 laps. "Theyve given us great cars here, and a second win in a row for Ryan is awesome," said Andretti, whose radio worked only sporadically down the stretch. Dixon said running a time race was "kind of annoying" and Andretti said it removed some strategy from the formula. They wound up going 69 laps, and Hunter-Reay was up front for the final time starting on No. 52. "The race should be the full distance," Dixon said. "To have to shorten these races for TV, you know, I understand the difficult predicament that everybody is in, but these are championship races. They all pay the same amount of points. "You decide to take 30 laps off them ... I think it changes strategy a lot and youre constantly chasing that window. Then ultimately you finish on a caution, too, which is also a bit of a bummer for the fans. In the future, hopefully we can find a way around that." Drivers were focused on handling the track conditions, not payback from any lingering anger over Long Beach clashes. It ended badly for Aleshin, who walked back to pit road while the rest of the field finished. Earlier Sebastien Bourdais had spun the Russian from behind, leaving him stalled. Bourdais received a drive-through penalty for avoidable contact. The race was a change-up for Dixon, who finished second in each of the first four races at Barber. "We went the wrong way, but it was an interesting day," Dixon said. "Whenever you have a rain delay it sort of puts a strain on everybody trying to figure out what we need to do. "The cars were pretty good. The track suits wet conditions. There were a few troublesome areas with standing water and a few of the guys found those spots. But generally the race went fairly smoothly." ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz