Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 54 mal aufgerufen
 Forenspiele
jj009 Offline

ChAôt

05.09.2019 08:27
n up this year on a ball, which is really frustrating," he ssaid.dddddddddddd. "But if you dont execute your pitch, you have nob Antworten

DETROIT -- For most of the Boston Red Sox, Sunday was a day to forget.It wasnt a great success -- they lost 10-5 to the Detroit Tigers -- but rookie Andrew Benintendi is going to remember it for a long time.Benintendi struck out in his last at-bat Friday night, then went 0 for 3 with three whiffs on Saturday. When Justin Verlander got him again in the third inning on Sunday, he knew he needed to fix something.When you strike out five straight times, you have time to think about how the pitchers are attacking you, he said. I thought I had a pretty good idea what I should be expecting.Benintendi led off the sixth inning with a triple off Verlander, the first of his career.Then in the seventh, Benintendi connected for his first home run, a drive off Shane Greene.That was pretty cool, especially because my family was here to see it, he said. I wasnt sure it was going to get out until I saw J.D. (Martinez) give up on it. After that, I just wanted to run fast enough to avoid any trouble. You cant jog on your first one.John Farrell thought the two big hits were one of Bostons few bright spots.Its always good to see a kid hit his first homer, because it gets that off their mind, Farrell said. We know this is a young man with a lot of talent, and hes going to keep hitting.Benintendi didnt have a chance of keeping up with Justin Upton, though.Upton broke out of a slump with a pair of three-run homers.This was a good day, he said. Its my brothers birthday, Mom and Dad are here and my wife and kid are here, Upton said.The Tigers won for just the fourth time in 14 games, and went 2-5 on their stay at Comerica Park. Boston has lost just two of its last 10.Martinez had a pair of doubles for the Tigers.Verlander (13-7) allowed one run on three hits in six innings before being pulled with a nine-run lead. He is 6-1 in his last 10 starts.Henry Owens (0-1) didnt find out he was pitching until late Saturday night and didnt arrive in Detroit from Triple-A until the early morning hours. He gave up eight runs on six hits and five walks in five innings.Eduardo Rodriguez was expected to return from a hamstring injury to pitch, but felt discomfort during Saturdays game, so Owens was summoned from Pawtucket.The Red Sox scored four times off Greene in the seventh, including Benintendis two-run homer.In his last scheduled game in Detroit, David Ortiz hit a 111-mph drive down the right-field line in the first. Instead of settling for his usual single, he took second on Martinez, leading to a joking exchange between the Red Sox star and Verlander after the inning.Weve had a lot of battles, Verlander said. That was just one of them.Ortiz batted for the final time in the eighth and received long standing ovations both before and after he grounded out. He tipped his cap to the crowd as he walked off.TRAINERS ROOMRed Sox: INF Devin Marrero was optioned back to Pawtucket to clear room for Owens.LAST PRESENT FOR BIG PAPIWhile the Tigers presented Ortiz with a large framed photo set on Saturday, he got another gift from his friends on the team on Sunday. Before the game, he was showing off a custom-made Venezuelan guitar that was decorated with scenes from his playing career.UP NEXTRed Sox: Boston travels to Tampa Bay on Monday, with former Ray David Price (11-8, 4.19) facing his old team in the opener. Blake Snell (4-5, 3.06) is scheduled to start for Tampa Bay. Donnie Shell Steelers Jersey . -- Sergey Tolchinksy scored his second goal of the game 3:56 into overtime as the Sault Ste. Merril Hoge Steelers Jersey . Fred Couples, captain of the U.S. side, put it all into perspective. "We know whos in charge," he said. http://www.steelersrookiestore.com/Steelers-Louis-Lipps-Jersey/ . Having already announced that the race will start May 9 with three stages in Northern Ireland and Ireland and finish in Trieste on June 1, the rest of the route was unveiled Monday. Mike Webster Youth Jersey . The Americans, skipped by John Shuster, seized the advantage in the eighth end by scoring five points for a 7-3 lead. The Czechs pulled two back in the ninth, but Shusters team of third Jeff Isaacson, second Jared Zezel and lead John Landsteiner ended with another point to secure the last Olympic berth on offer. Rod Woodson Womens Jersey . The 18th player to shoot 60 on the tour, Jamieson settled for par on the final hole when his 15-foot birdie chip grazed the edge of the hole and stayed out. After opening with rounds of 66 and 73 to make the cut by a stroke, he had 11 birdies in the bogey-free round.ANAHEIM, Calif. - The only saving grace for C.J. Wilson after another quiet night by the Los Angeles bats was that he wont have to match up against Chris Sale in his next start. Wilson gave the Halos another solid effort Friday night, allowing two runs and six hits over seven innings in his longest outing of the season. But it wasnt enough as Sale held the Angels to three runs in 7 2-3 innings for his second 3-0 victory over Wilson in a span of six days. Sale (5-2) threw 79 of his 113 pitches for strikes. In his previous outing, he retired his first 19 batters and settled for a one-hitter — Mike Trouts one-out single in the seventh inning — while recording his first shutout in the major leagues. "Sales been on twice in a row against us, and tonight he had 12 punchouts," Wilson lamented. "Its frustrating, because I knew hes obviously a really great pitcher." Wilson (3-3) lost his third straight start, it was his first outing at Angel Stadium since April 21 against Detroit, following four straight on the road. "C.J. did a great job. I hate that we cant score runs for him," Angels right fielder Josh Hamilton said. "I mean, you look at the scoreboard and see how many strikes hes thrown compared to balls. He just keeps pounding the zone, so you want to score runs for a guy like that." This was the seventh time in Wilsons three-plus seasons as a starting pitcher that he faced the same team in back-to-back starts — and only the second time he didnt get the win in the rematch. "I pitched against (the White Sox) five days ago, so its still fresh — and I have the same notes, obviously," Wilson said. "One of the things you do is go back and look at the mistakes you made and separate them from the other pitches. " Wilson gave up Alex Rios 10th home run with two out in the first. Paul Konerko followed with a vicious line drive back to Wilson, who caught it before spiking the ball with his glove in frustration over the homer he surrendered on an 0-2 pitch. "I think it was the second home run Ive given up this year on a ball, which is really frustrating," he ssaid.dddddddddddd. "But if you dont execute your pitch, you have nobody to blame but yourself. And thats what happened right there. " Wilson gave up only three more hits until the seventh, when Dayan Viciedo singled with one out. Chicago manager Robin Ventura played hit-and run with Jeff Keppinger to stay away from a potential inning-ending double play, and Viciedo pulled into second as Keppinger grounded out to third. Conor Gillaspie followed with an RBI single. Sale extended his scoreless streak to 23 innings, helping Chicago extend its winning streak to four games. "I felt the same as I did the last one. I felt like I had the same stuff," said Sale, who made back-to-back starts against the same team for the first time. "There were more hard-hit balls, so that was the difference. I got a little bit lucky tonight. "A team like this, theyve got some amazing ballplayers. So youve got to make adjustments," Sale added. "Its never easy facing a team in back-to-back starts. As many adjustments as Im making, theyre going to make as well. You just put the work in, go in with determination and see how it turns out." Sale is 10-0 with a 2.55 ERA against AL West teams. "Its nothing unbelievable. Its just deception. Thats all it is," said Hamilton, the only left-handed batter in the starting lineup against Sale. "Basically, the ball comes out of the second baseman and just shows up halfway to the plate, and youve got to figure out what it is and try to swing at it." Adam Dunn ended the scoring with his 10th homer of the season and fourth in four games against Garrett Richards in the ninth. Addison Reed pitched a perfect ninth for his 14th save in 15 chances. NOTES: Wilson is 2-5 with a no-decision in eight career starts when hes allowed a first-inning homer. ... Angels 3B Alberto Callaspo was 0 for 3 in his second career game as a designated hitter. ... Hamilton was 0 for 3 against Sale. Left-handed hitters are 3 for 52 against him this season. ... The Angels got one hit over the final 5 2-3 innings, a single by No.9 hitter Luis Jimenez that ended his 0-for-13 drought. ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz