Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 37 mal aufgerufen
 Forenspiele
jokergreen0220 Offline

ChAôt

14.11.2018 06:50
in the second and Baez Antworten

CINCINNATI - Call it a sequel 32 years in the making. Russell Gage Jersey . For the first time since the famous "Freezer Bowl," the San Diego Chargers and Cincinnati Bengals will square off in the NFL playoffs on Sunday at Paul Brown Stadium. You can see all the action on CTV beginning at 1pm et/10am pt. Early forecasts for Sundays game have the temperature reaching into the low 40s, certainly a positive development for the Southern California-based Chargers and a stark contrast from the last time San Diego visited the Queen City for a postseason game. In NFL lore, the "Freezer Bowl" was the AFC Championship Game between the Chargers and the Bengals on Jan. 10, 1982. The Bengals won that one going way, 27-7, in what was the coldest temperature in NFL history in terms of wind chill. Air temperature was minus-9 on that day with the wind chill dipping down to minus-37 due to sustained 27 mph winds. No one in their right mind wants to play in that kind of weather again but the Bengals probably wouldnt mind taking another 10 or 15 degrees off the current forecast. There was a massive cold front ahead of the relatively balmy temperatures forecasted for Sunday and another looms behind it with the National Weather Service forecasting an 80 percent chance that snow and rain will fall Sunday in Cincinnati, with some of it likely coming during the game. "Accumulating snow is expected," the weather service said in an advisory. "Snow will change to rain during the afternoon." Either way, though, Cincinnati, which will be shooting for its first playoff win in 23 years, doesnt figure to be a hospitable place for any opponent because the AFC North champion Bengals finished the regular season a perfect 8-0 record on their home field. "They have to come here to "The Jungle" and deal with our weather and our fans," Bengals defensive end Wallace Gilberry said. "Well see if we get the best out of them." The Bengals last win at Paul Brown Stadium may have been the most satisfying as they knocked their division rival and the reigning Super Bowl champion Ravens out of the postseason hunt last Sunday. Andy Dalton ran for the go-ahead touchdown early in the fourth quarter in that one as Cincinnati closed out the regular season with a 34-17 triumph. Dalton had an uneven performance with two touchdown passes and four interceptions but Baltimore could only turn those miscues into a trio of Justin Tucker field goals. He finished 21-of-36 overall for 281 yards as the Bengals (11-5) posted an unblemished home record for just the second time in franchise history. Cincinnati scored the final 17 points after squandering a 17-6 halftime lead. "We overcame the turnovers early and did a great job again in the red zone on defense, holding them to field goals early in the game," said Cincinnati coach Marvin Lewis. "We got the lead back and then kind of went to work on offense." The Chargers, meanwhile, got in the postseason by the skin of their teeth. Kept alive by a pair of losses earlier in the day, including Baltimores loss to Cincy, San Diego rallied from a 10-point fourth-quarter deficit to post a 27-24 overtime win over Kansas City to nail down the AFCs final wild-card spot and end a three-year playoff drought. "Its been a real long time so it feels great to be back in," said Chargers quarterback Philip Rivers, who finished tops in the NFL in completion percentage with a stunning 69.5 rate. Nick Novak kicked a pair of clutch field goals, the first coming with 3:21 remaining in regulation and the other giving San Diego a 27-24 edge in the extra session, while Rivers threw three touchdown passes to help the Chargers outlast a surprisingly competitive Kansas City squad fielding predominantly backups. San Diego remained in contention when both Miami and the Ravens lost prior to kickoff, then got another gift when the Chiefs Ryan Succop pulled a would-be game-winning 41-yard field goal try wide right with four seconds left in the fourth quarter. Rivers, who finished 22-of-33 for 229 yards with an interception, began the Chargers comeback with a 6-yard touchdown toss to Eddie Royal early in the fourth quarter, while Ryan Mathews ran for 144 yards on 24 carries in San Diegos fifth straight triumph to close out the regular season. "A great team effort," said Chargers coach Mike McCoy. "The one thing Ill say about this team and Ive said it since day one, the character of the organization and the players we have here never gave up." A day after the game, however, the NFL was forced to admit an officiating error that would have given Succop a second opportunity to send San Diego packing from five yards closer. "With 0:08 remaining in the fourth quarter of Sundays game between the Kansas City Chiefs and San Diego Chargers, Kansas City faced a 4th-and-12 from the San Diego 23. The Chiefs attempted a 41-yard field that was no good. "On the play, San Diego lined up with seven men on one side of the snapper. This should have been penalized as an illegal formation by the defense. "The penalty for illegal formation by the defense is a loss of five yards. This is not subject to instant replay review. Had the penalty been assessed, it would have resulted in a 4th-and-7 from the San Diego 18 with 0:04 remaining, enabling the Chiefs to attempt a 36-yard field goal." If the correct call was made and Succop connected, the Pittsburgh Steelers would have been visiting the Bengals this weekend. San Diego holds a 19-13 overall advantage against the Bengals but Cincinnati topped the Chargers in the Golden State on Dec. 1, 17-10, when BenJarvus Green-Ellis rushed for 92 yards and a TD and A.J. Green added five catches for 83 yards and another score. Meanwhile, Rivers recorded a season-low passer rating of 80.0 and San Diego turned it over three times. "I want to be very respectful because they had a lot to do with it," Rivers said. "They caused the turnovers and they covered us. Some of it may not have been the best throw. They certainly were out there causing us to not get in the end zone and our execution wasnt great. Weve got to execute better." Steve Bartkowski Jersey . The team said Saturday that the 36-year-old Robidas is expected to miss four to six months, jeopardizing his return this season. He was injured when he slid hard into the boards in the second period of a 2-1 shootout loss to Chicago on Friday. Ricky Ortiz Jersey . So true. It is one thing to create a winning football team, and another to keep it winning. Each and every week it changes. The NFL creates a unique interest of not who is "the best", but much more who is "the best this week". http://www.cheapfalconsjerseysonline.com/?tag=desmond-trufant-jersey-online .com) - Top seed Klara Zakopalova reached the second round, while former French Open champion Francesca Schiavone came up a loser Tuesday at the inaugural Rio Open tennis event.DENVER -- The Chicago Cubs future looks bright even if their present is a little disappointing. Rookie Javier Baez hit two more homers and drove in four runs, leading Kyle Hendricks and the Cubs to a 6-2 victory over the Colorado Rockies on Thursday. The 21-year-old Baez also had an RBI single in his third major league game. The touted prospect homered in his debut Tuesday, hitting a game-deciding shot in the 12th inning on the day he was promoted from the minors. "It didnt surprise me too much," said Hendricks, who had the best outing of his short career. "Ive seen it for a couple of years and he always thrives on the big stage. Whenever we play in a big game he does well." The Cubs (49-64) closed out a six-game trip by taking two of three in the series between last-place teams. Baez led off the sixth inning with a shot down the left-field line against Yohan Flande (0-4). He hit a two-run shot off Juan Nicasio into the Colorado bullpen in right in the eighth. "I was letting the fastball get deep and he threw me a slider," Baez said of his second drive. "I hit it really good." Castro followed Baezs shot in the sixth with his 12th home run. It was the fourth time this season Chicago has hit back-to-back homers. Hendricks (3-1) pitched a career-high eight innings after the start of the game was delayed 39 minutes because of rain. The rookie right-hander has pitched into the seventh inning in four of his five career starts. "Hes a very poised young man and hes the type of kid when he prepares for the test he knows hes going to do well," Cubs manager Rick Renteria said. "I hope hes making believers out of a lot of people." The 24-year-old Hendricks was sharp against the Rockies, allowing just two runs and six hits. He didnt allow a runner until Charlie Blackmons leadoff single in the fourth. After Baez and Castro gave Hendricks a three-run cushion in the sixth, the Rockies scored on Corey Dickersons RBI single in the bottom half. Hendricks retired the last seven batters he faced. "I felt really good," he said. "Usually as the game goes on I get stronger and stronger." Justin&nbssp;Morneau and Wilin Rosario had two hits each for the Rockies (45-69), who have lost six of seven. Devonta Freeman Jersey. The Cubs took a 2-0 lead against Flande with RBI singles by Arsmendy Alcantara in the second and Baez in the third. Colorado cut the lead in half on Morneaus RBI single in the fourth. Flande is still looking for his first career win despite two solid starts against Chicago. He struck out a career-high eight in a 4-1 loss to the Cubs on July 28 and lasted six innings Thursday. "I pitched was well as I could. Something always happens to me in the late innings," Flande said. "Im disappointed." ALMOST COMPLETE Hendricks was thinking after seven innings he had a chance for his first complete game. Two batters into the eighth he knew it wasnt going to happen. "I went into the eighth at around 91 (pitches) and after I went full count on the first two hitters that kind of went out the window," he said. "I was trying to get quick outs but I was almost aiming it in there so I could go out for the ninth." TRAINERS ROOM Cubs: First baseman Anthony Rizzo was given a rare day off with the left-hander Flande on the mound. It was just the second day off for Rizzo, who is second in the NL with 25 home runs. Rockies: Shortstop Troy Tulowitzki (left hip flexor strain) has begun baseball activities and will travel to Arizona and San Diego with the team. Tulowitzki is eligible to come off the 15-day disabled list but hasnt been running at full speed. Manager Walt Weiss said that will be the final hurdle for the major league batting leader. ON DECK Cubs: Left-hander Tsuyoshi Wada (1-1, 3.32 ERA), like Hendricks on Thursday, is making his fifth career big league start when he faces Tampa Bay on Friday. He has held opponents to a .259 average in his first four starts. Rockies: Lefty Tyler Matzek (2-6, 5.31 ERA) will try to rebound from a rough outing in Detroit last weekend when he faces Arizona on Friday. Matzek is one of four Colorado starters to make his major league debut this year, and he has been impressive at times. His outing against the Tigers was the only start in which he failed to go at least five innings. Cheap Nike NFL Jerseys Cheap Adidas Hockey Jerseys Wholesale Nike Baseball Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys From China Wholesale Jerseys China Wholesale NFL Jerseys China Cheap Nike NFL Jerseys Free Shipping Cheap Nike NBA Jerseys Authentic Cheap NHL Jerseys Canada Cheap Nike MLB Jerseys Cheap Soccer Jerseys China NCAA Jerseys Cheap Nike NHL Jerseys China Wholesale Jerseys China Cheap Jerseys Store Cheap Football Jerseys Store Wholesale Soccer Jerseys Jerseys NCAA China Jerseys NFL Cheap Cheap Nike NBA Jerseys ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz