Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 32 mal aufgerufen
 Forenspiele
x123 Offline

ChAôt

13.08.2019 13:18
elping the Colorado Avalanche beat the Carolina Hurricanes 4-2 on Friday night to match the best 10-game start in team history. Antworten

ST. LOUIS -- A fireworks display from the nearby riverfront began before closer Edward Mujica took the mound. After the final out, the St. Louis Cardinals had their own little display. "Thats crazy," Mujica said after finishing off the Miami Marlins for a 4-1 victory Friday night. "I saw the people before the inning taking pictures and everything. Id never seen that before." The Cardinals saw what theyve seen all year from Mujica, the former setup man who capitalized on his chance with a perfect 21-for-21 start before finally blowing one on Thursday night. "Everybody has bad days sometimes," Mujica said. "You try to get here and turn the page. I knew what I did, I made a couple mistakes, and I went right after them." Jake Westbrook worked seven strong innings and Allen Craig had two RBIs for a lineup that spoiled Jacob Turners homecoming early on. "I was able to get ahead quite a bit tonight, but I wasnt able to put a lot of guys away," Turner said. "And I think thats what hurt me." Matt Holliday doubled twice with an RBI and Mujica rebounded for the Cardinals, who had lost eight of 11 and plummeted from the majors best record to second place in the NL Central entering a five-game homestand. The Marlins totalled three hits and lost for just the third time in 11 games. They flubbed a scoring chance in the fifth with an unusual double play off a sacrifice bunt attempt from Turner. "I saw guys out, everybody was out," manager Mike Redmond said. "I thought it was a triple play." The hard-throwing Turner (2-1), a former first-round pick from suburban St. Charles, Mo., and confidant of Cardinals manager Mike Matheny, surrendered four runs on seven hits in six innings. The 22-year-old entered with a 1.76 ERA his first six starts of the year and threw his first career complete game his last time out. Mathenys son Tate caught Turner for a handful of games at Westminster Christian Academy before Turner was the Tigers first-round pick in 2009. Matheny minimized his influence before the game, and afterward said knowledge of the back story wasnt a factor. "These guys, they know what theyre doing," Matheny said. "I could have watched every start he ever threw but its different once you get in the box. "They had a good game plan. They knew what they wanted to do." Westbrook (5-3) was hurt only by Logan Morrisons 440-foot homer to straightaway centre leading off the second that ended the right-handers streak of 23 innings without allowing an earned run at home to start the season. The sinkerballer got all three outs on ground balls five times and benefited from two double plays, one of them a bit unusual, and is 3-1 in his last four starts. "Controlling counts, you have to make them swing at it down there," Westbrook said. "To do that youve got to get ahead. I was able to do that tonight." Trevor Rosenthal struck out the side in the eighth before Mujica struck out two in a perfect ninth, less than 24 hours after giving up a game-tying two-run homer to the Angels Josh Hamilton in a 6-5 loss Thursday night. With runners on first and second and none out in the fifth, Turner was called out by home plate umpire Fieldin Culbreth after his sacrifice bunt attempt bounced off the plate and right to catcher Yadier Molina for a quick tagout. Molina threw to third and Adeiny Hechavarria was ruled out without a tag, then was in the dugout before the Marlins could react. Culbreth, speaking to a pool reporter from the Associated Press, called it an "unfortunate circumstance of three or four things taking place at once." He said he ruled on a fair ball and the out "basically simultaneously," then was distracted by complaints from Marlins third base coach Joe Espada. "In the middle of making both those calls, I think the runners, fielders and possibly even my colleagues couldnt see my actions as well," Culbreth said. "And thats what led to the confusion." Holliday and Craig doubled with two outs in the first to nearly identical drives to right-centre to put the Cardinals in front. They got RBI doubles from Holliday and Matt Adams plus a sacrifice fly from Craig in the third to make it 4-1. Craig is near the top of the National League with 68 RBIs and entered with a league-leading .469 average with runners in scoring position. A standing room crowd of 46,177 attracted by a Mike Shannon bobblehead giveaway gave the longtime Cardinals announcer a lengthy ovation before the seventh. Shannon left the stadium with four bobbleheads in a shopping bag. Notes: Joe Kelly (0-3, 3.86) makes a long-delayed first appearance as the Cardinals fifth starter since getting elevated to the rotation on June 22 on Saturday. Four starters had been enough because the Cardinals had three days off. Eovaldi (1-0, 2.00) makes his fourth start of the year for the Marlins. ... Morrison has three homers his last five games against the Cardinals. ... Adams has six RBIs his last six games. ... Hechavarria has nine hits during a five-game hitting streak. 00:00ET 06-07-13 Air Max 270 Homme Pas Cher . Duchene scored two goals and had an assist, helping the Colorado Avalanche beat the Carolina Hurricanes 4-2 on Friday night to match the best 10-game start in team history. Air Max 270 Homme Noir . The 28-year-old from Calgary matched his career best after missing just one shot in his two rounds of shooting in the mens 10-kilometre sprint competition. Smith finished in 23 minutes 15. http://www.airmaxpaschere.fr/air-max-98-pas-cher.html . Hey!" The lower tier of the School End of Queens Park Rangers Loftus Road was packed solid with a very festive-sounding Chelsea choral section in this particular part of South Africa Road London, W12. Vapormax Moc Homme . Down by seven with 90 seconds left in regulation, thats where they looked comfortable. Air Max 95 Pas Cher Femme . With his new coach and six-time Grand Slam singles champion Boris Becker watching him during an official match for the first time, Djokovic appeared tentative early against the Slovakian player, who often appeared content to keep the ball in play. NEW YORK -- Trevis Wyche scored 17 points, Nick Griffin had 16 and Saint Peters defeated Fairleigh Dickinson 84-58 on the final day of Fordhams Johnny Bach Classic on Sunday.Six Peacocks (2-2) scored in double figures. Quadir Welton had 12 points, nine rebounds and six assists. Antwon Portley added 12 points, Nnamdi Enechionyia 11 and Chazz Patterson 10. The Peacocks hit 10 of 23 3-point tries and 22 of 29 free throws and dominated the boards 40-21 including 18 on the offensive glass. They also took care oof the ball with just five turnovers to the Knights 12.dddddddddddd.Darian Anderson led Fairleigh Dickinson with 16 points and Stephan Jiggetts added 12. The Knights (2-3) shot 50 percent (23 of 46) but only 3 of 14 from 3-point range.Saint Peters led by four when it closed the first half on a 20-6 run for a 49-31 halftime lead and would lead by as many as 27 in the second half. ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz