Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 38 mal aufgerufen
 Forenspiele
x123 Offline

ChAôt

12.08.2019 14:20
mith singled out another debutant in Peter Handscomb for snaffling Faf du Plessis in the gully on the third evening. I felt a bi Antworten

MIAMI -- Kemba Walker already knows one thing about these Charlotte Hornets.Were resilient, Walker said.That was proven in earnest Friday night.Walker scored 24 points and the Hornets erased a 19-point deficit in the third quarter on the way to beating Miami 97-91. Charlotte won in the building where its season ended in Game 7 of a first-round matchup last spring, albeit against a very different Heat team that played a home opener without Dwyane Wade on the roster for the first time since 2002.We could have given up, but we didnt, Walker said. We kept wanting it.Hassan Whiteside led Miami with 20 points and 15 rebounds but sat a long stretch of the second half with foul trouble and needed four stitches to close a gash on his left elbow.Down 65-46, Walker made a 3-pointer to unknowingly start what became a 29-point turnaround. The Hornets clamped down on Miami in the second half, with the Heat shooting 6 for 17 from behind the arc in the final 24 minutes -- and just 6 for 26 from 2-point range in that time. Charlottes reserves had 30 points after halftime, while the entire Miami roster combined for 34.One thing is we were able to stop their penetration more, Hornets coach Steve Clifford said. Our defense more energized the offense, and we got really good bench play.Jeremy Lamb scored 16 points for the Hornets, who had six players in double figures and turned the 65-46 hole into a 94-84 lead with 3 minutes left -- a 48-19 run in about 18 minutes. Nic Batum and Marco Belinelli each scored 12 points for Charlotte.Theyre a well-coached, veteran team, Heat coach Erik Spoelstra said. They werent punch-drunk or anything when we went up. ... We knew going in we would have to play a complete game against them and we werent able to do that.Goran Dragic scored 14 points and Dion Waiters added 13 for the Heat, who lost a home opener for the first time in nine years. Charlotte had runs of 12-0 and 9-1 in the third quarter alone.We just stopped getting stops, Heat forward Justise Winslow said. That was it.TIP-INSHornets: Roy Hibbert started at center, played the first 4:29, and did not return because of right knee soreness. Cody Zeller started the second half in his place. ... Frank Kaminsky (right foot strain) went through a pregame workout but was inactive. ... Belinelli now has 11 regular season appearances in Miami with seven different teams.Heat: Team captain Udonis Haslem grabbed a microphone and addressed the crowd before tip-off, promising them that we will play as hard as we can for you guys every night. ... The locker Wade used for the last several years is now empty, not assigned to any current Heat player. ... Wayne Ellington (right thigh bruise) and Josh Richardson (right knee) were again sidelined.FOR STARTERSMichael Kidd-Gilchrist just recently turned 23, missed most of last season with a shoulder injury and still made the 200th start of his Charlotte career on Friday night. Miamis entire starting five -- Dragic (100), Whiteside (77), Winslow (10), Luke Babbitt (2) and Waiters (2) -- now have a combined 191 starts in Heat colors.RILEY SPEAKSHeat President Pat Riley sat down with team broadcast outlet Fox Sports Sun before the game and raved about the job Spoelstra has done with a new group that was largely assembled after Wade left for Chicago this summer (and before Chris Bosh failed his physical in September to essentially end his time with the team).Theres a saying that Spo uses a lot, and I like to use it myself now ... when you look at a player, the player doesnt care what you know until he knows how much you care, Riley said. Spo and his staff cares a lot about these guys and these young players.UP NEXTHornets: Saturday, they play their home opener against Boston.Heat: Sunday, the homestand continues when San Antonio visits. Kevin Faulk Womens Jersey . Hazard cut in from the left and scored with a swerving right-footed shot for ninth goal of the season, which proved to be enough for the victory despite Chelseas forwards again lacking a cutting edge up front. Kevin Faulk Patriots Jersey . Dusautoir, the former World Player of the Year, sustained a torn bicep playing for Toulouse in the Heineken Cup on Saturday. The flanker, who has played 65 times for France, is expected to be out for up to four months. http://www.patriotsjerseysauthentic.com/Stephon-Gilmore-Super-Bowl-Jersey/ . Peter Gammons, an analyst for Major League Baseballs network and website, drew the ire of hockey fans on Sunday when he criticized the two NHL teams on Twitter for their physical game the night before. Rob Gronkowski Youth Jersey .ca looks back at the stories and moments that made the year memorable. Steve Grogan Patriots Jersey . With his new coach and six-time Grand Slam singles champion Boris Becker watching him during an official match for the first time, Djokovic appeared tentative early against the Slovakian player, who often appeared content to keep the ball in play. Australias captain Steven Smith believes his dramatically changed team have found a way forward in their first Test since coming together, a rousing seven-wicket victory over South Africa in which the Queensland left-handers Usman Khawaja and Matt Renshaw played key roles.As well as Australia bowled, first-innings runs are going to be what defines the success or otherwise of Smiths side. To that end, Renshaws effort to see through a tough period on the first evening followed by Khawajas subsequent masterclass in dogged batting dictated much about how the match panned out. Tellingly, Smith said it helped that three new batsmen were free of the scars of the preceding five Tests. Not surprisingly, Smith wants to see more of the same.I thought we responded really well, Smith said of the challenges posed by the pink ball and floodlit conditions. We had three batters in the top six who had no scars or anything like that so they were able to come in and play their natural game, which was nice. I thought we adapted really well.I thought Usman was outstanding to come in under a pretty tricky situation on that night, opening the batting and get through that difficult period in the night and then bat the whole next day. It shows a lot about his character and what hes willing to do. I thought he played beautifully out there for seven hours to wear them down and score a big hundred. I guess thats the sort of template were looking for in our top six batters.Renshaws place will be a matter for some conjecture whenever Shaun Marsh returns to full fitness, but there was much to like about the way he played his game, tested the patience of the bowlers and put the highest premium on his wicket. Smith was enthused by what he saw. I thought he played quite well. He knows his game very well, Smith said. Obviously he got beaten a lot, but he wasnt chasing the ball. He was keeping his line. South African had some quality bowlers that nip the ball quite a bit so you cant afford to follow them. Something I thought Usman did particularly well in the first innings.He [Renshaw] played the line and let the ball that nips go past the bat and he didnt seem fazed by it at all. He just got on with the job and made them bowl to him. When they got a bit straighter he picked them off and thats the way he goes about his game and it was nice for him and Petey [Handscomb] - two guys on debut - to be there at the end.Khawaja is Renshaws state captain, and spoke with a similar level of warmth for someone who has set himself up with a Test match method in mind. Hes got a really good temperament, hes got a really good head on him, Khawaja said. What you saw today or during this Test match was one bit of Matt Renshaws game. He does havve a very good temperament, hes got a good defence he plays the ball well and plays it late.ddddddddddddBut I think hopefully youll also be able to see the other part of him because Ive seen him take down some attacks. Ive seen him come up against a few spinners and really heave them for some big sixes and really change gears. Hes 20 years old, playing Test cricket for Australia. I think hes doing great for a 20-year-old. Id think he was doing great even he was 25 years old. Hes doing pretty well.Added to the way Australia batted was the teams best fielding display for some time. In this, Smith singled out another debutant in Peter Handscomb for snaffling Faf du Plessis in the gully on the third evening. I felt a bit of a switch straight away in energy and presence around the group in our first training session out here at Adelaide Oval, Smith said.Everything felt like it was running smoothly and when we got our chance to get out into the field we had good energy and presence about ourselves. That helps in the field as well, we were able to take some pretty good catches in this Test match, a part of our game that has probably been a bit disappointing for a while now.It works hand in hand, when you have that sort of presence and energy youre able to take chances like the one Petey took to open the game up. Its been great to have these guys come in, create that energy and have that hunger and character about them to want to win and fight.Looking at the wider picture, Smith was understandably delighted to have snapped a five-match losing run ahead of the next home series against Pakistan. After two weeks of fire and brimstone, there are now some green shoots of new growth to be optimistic about.Im very happy, its much better to be on this side of the fence, he said. A little bit bittersweet, it was a disappointing series, we were outplayed in the first two Test matches by South Africa, but Im really proud of the way that the team came back in this game. There were some new players who came in, they stood up and we showed some fight and character. Thats what I want us to do and Im really proud of the way we stood up.I think we can grow from what weve done in this Test match. Its been a great start for a young group that have come together so were going to have to continue to work hard as a group to get to where we want to. Obviously they [Pakistan] are going to be another tough opposition. I think they have been playing some very good cricket. Theyve got some quality players so were going to have to be at our best if we want to get on top of them this summer as well. ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz