Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 32 mal aufgerufen
 Forenspiele
jj009 Offline

ChAôt

09.08.2019 04:41
s really ready to pack up then. Having done it for four years I felt it was almost like having played for eight years - captaini Antworten

MIAMI -- All-Star guard Dwyane Wade said Saturday that he intends to try to find ways to stop racial violence, and that he has friends who are willing to commit to the cause.I think this is a worldly thing. This is not just an African-American thing, said Wade, who will be signing soon with the Chicago Bulls. We all believe in one common goal, to stop the violence.Two of Wades closest friends -- Carmelo Anthony and LeBron James -- have spoken out on social media in recent days in response to two recent shootings of black men by police officers. Then Thursday in Dallas, five police officers were killed and seven others wounded; one of the suspects allegedly said he was targeting white officers.Anthonys message included the words: Theres NO more sitting back and being afraid of tackling and addressing political issues anymore.Wade said he loved seeing Anthony say that.As an athlete and as a person who has this platform, we like to sell things, we like to be on commercials, we like to do all these things, Wade said. But when things come up in life I think you have a responsibility as a face of this world, if you believe in something to get behind that.This will not be the first time Wade tackles a polarizing issue. When unarmed teen Trayvon Martin was shot to death by a neighborhood watch volunteer in a gated Central Florida community in 2012, Wade and James -- then members of the Heat -- arranged a team photo with all players in hoodies, just as Martin wore on the night he was killed.Its awful. Its always been awful, Wade said. Now because of all these cameras and social media, were able to see it more. We have to do better. Its going to take certain people to lend their voice, lend their time to do that. Im happy to say that I have friends that are willing to do that. Well all get together to see what we can do and we can go from there.Wades foundation also plans on trying to develop safe-havens for kids in Chicago, his hometown and a place that has long been dealing with a gun-violence epidemic. Wade had a nephew injured by gunfire in Chicago in 2012. Juan Thornhill Youth Jersey . Jon Montgomerys gold medal in skeleton at the Whistler Sliding Centre and his subsequent auctioning off of a pitcher of beer in the village square elevated him to folk-hero status. Frank Clark Womens Jersey . LeBron James and Chris Bosh didnt need any more. Williams scored 11 points in 10 minutes, Alan Anderson scored 17 points, and the Brooklyn Nets finished the exhibition season with a 108-87 win over the Miami Heat on Friday night. http://www.prochiefsauthentic.com/Youth-Tyreek-Hill-Elite-Jersey/ . The Dutchmans tenure got off to a poor start when referee Guido Winkmann awarded a penalty within two minutes for Niklas Starks clumsy challenge on Alexandru Maxim. Harrison Butker Womens Jersey . Ouellette, from Montreal, already has three Olympic gold medals since joining the team in 1999. Frank Clark Chiefs Jersey .J. Ellis hit two-run homers and the NL West champion Los Angeles Dodgers defeated the San Diego Padres 4-0 Saturday night.Alastair Cook looks like he could go on and on and on as England captain as he prepares to make his record-equalling appearance as Test skipper, says Michael Atherton. Cook will match Athertons own mark of 54 games as England captain when the second Test against Bangladesh begins in Dhaka on Friday - live on Sky Sports 2 from 4.30am.Speaking to the Sky Cricket Podcast Atherton says he has tremendous admiration for Cooks longevity in the role and offers an insight into the many and varied demands of the job. Cooks Captaincy Stats How do Cooks numbers compare to Athertons? I remember how beat up I felt at the end of the years that I did it due to a combination of things - the physical demands, which were intense at a time when we didnt play as much international cricket as they do now - but we played a lot of cricket in between for counties, says Atherton.Obviously the 1990s when I captained was not a particularly successful time comparative to now so that combination of criticism and getting beaten meant that I was very, very weary.A bit like Alastair, I was batting at the top of the order and I think that adds an extra layer of pressure; you do get a break when youre out but you are out there trying to lead from the front. For all those reasons four years did me in and I was really ready to pack up then. Having done it for four years I felt it was almost like having played for eight years - captaining and opening the batting was a double whammy.What Im getting round to is I have tremendous admiration for Alastair, having got to 54 games, and looking as fresh as a daisy. I saw him in the gym the other day; he was pounding out 5km in about 18 minutes, lifting weights and looking in fantastic physical nick.He looks as though he could go on and on and on. Generally I feel there is a bit of a shelf-life for captains - I did it for three-and-a-half to four years, Michael Vaughan did it for four years, Nasser Hussain did it for four years and all of us looked very, very beaten up by the end of it. Cooks captaincy journey We chart some of the highs - and lows - of Cooks spell as England Test skipper All of the factors that led to me being beat up are almost the opposite for him. England are doing well, now - they are pretty successful. He will feel very different now from how he felt at the end of the Ashes when England where white-washed, when he looked like a haunted man.ddddddddddddSecondly, what I think was absolutely vital for him, was being removed from the one-day captaincy which he didnt like at the time but it means that he gets a fantastic work-life balance; it means that he can come to every Test match series focused on a pretty short period of time.The third thing is that he has a life away from cricket; hes got the other interest, which is farming. He gets away and hes not on social media so when he is away from cricket, he is away from cricket.The final factor is that the support network around the team now is so far removed from what it was in terms of the coaching staff, the physical support and the commercial support means that a lot of the load is taken off the captain. Alastair Cook talks Test longevity with Mike Atherton... Listen to the interview in full by downloading the Sky Cricket Podcast here, and get Athertons thoughts on how…Cooks ability to change, keep learning and listen to a wider range of advice has helped him to grow as a captain how the appointment of Trevor Bayliss and Paul Farbrace - and their almost hands-off approach - has helped Cooks confidence his thoughts on whether Haseeb Hameed is likely to stay on the sidelines while Gary Ballance gets another goWatch the second Test between Bangladesh and England live on Sky Sports 2 from 4.30am on Friday. You can watch Premier League and EFL Cup football, plus Englands tour of Bangladesh and the Mexican Grand Prix on Sky Sports. Upgrade now and enjoy six months at half price! Also See: Cooks captaincy stats Cooks captaincy journey Cook: Test record surreal Live cricket on Sky ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz