Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 32 mal aufgerufen
 Forenspiele
x123 Offline

ChAôt

06.08.2019 14:17
withstood the intense heat and three-time defending champion John Isners serve Sunday to win the BB&T Atlanta Open for his seco Antworten

India 358 for 5 (Rahul 158, Pujara 46, Chase 2-91) lead West Indies 196 by 162 runsScorecard and ball-by-ball detailsFlawless innings are fairly rare in Test cricket. After all, the bowler gets to dictate some of the terms too. KL Rahul listened to them patiently, respected them when they made good points but did not cede his upper hand. His career-best 158 thrust India into the lead.At the other end was Cheteshwar Pujara, who spent a full hour running away from making runs. He was 18 off 57 overnight and stayed on 18 until he faced his 92nd ball of the match. Much was made of his run-out after lunch. Facing 159 balls and being dismissed in that fashion evokes critique but there were mitigating circumstances.Runs and records awaited anyone willing to show a little application on this Sabina Park pitch. But like a grandparent doting on their favourite grandkid in the middle of a party, it did embarrass them on the odd occasion. Notably, when Pujara nudged a short delivery from Jason Holder into the leg side. He meant for it to go a lot finer, but the ball had come onto the bat slower than expected and went off it in the same way, allowing Roston Chase, who was in front of square, to cut across and throw the stumps down. Pujara, who was face-down on the ground at the non-strikers end, knew all his hard work had come undone by one dreadful mistake.Meanwhile, Rahul kept cruising. He had driven extremely well and by now wasnt afraid to extend the arms and hit over the top. A good IPL - whether it makes one ready for international cricket or not - certainly does wonders to his confidence. Rahul had outshone Chris Gayle in the last season and his attacking game was on point in Kingston.West Indies, it seemed, were at the other end. There was no ambition. They did not take the new ball when it was available and instead fed a new batsman with spin. Considering that new batsman was Virat Kohli, who is susceptible to the seamers outside the off stump, it was quite baffling. With very little resistance, a ninth - out of 14 - Indian partnership crossed 50 in this series.Things changed after tea. West Indies took the new ball and put it in Shannon Gabriels hands. With him coming back from an ankle injury, it seemed like his team was perennially juggling chances of victory with those of him going out of commission again. Hamstring trouble for Miguel Cummins complicated matters further; the debutant was the only one to consistently aim at the stumps. Ask Pujara, who was beaten on the inside edge, outside edge and rapped on his top hand.Gabriel had had nine overs downtime when the new ball had become available, but the additional respite seemed to have helped since he took out Rahul and troubled Kohli too. The India captain had been perturbed by outswingers - 8 off 33 at one point - and while his guard was up for that, he couldnt prevent an inswinger thudding into the pads. Height saved him in umpire Aleem Dars judgment.West Indies got Kohli and R Ashwin in the final hour of play but Ajinkya Rahane took the lead past 150.Things were better in the morning. There werent many runs scored - 59 in 26 overs; there werent many fans around - sad for a Sunday; there were no wickets but there was a contest.With clear skies welcoming the players on the second day, the likelihood of the ball seaming about had reduced. It was time to go back to camping just outside off stump for as long as it took to spot the rare, flirty Indian outside edge. Gabriel found one in his second over, but it didnt carry to second slip.Rahuls scariest moment came when the length was much shorter, a 144 kph delivery that seamed in at his ribs. He probably assumed the line was a lot wider and committed into a cut shot and only barely avoided being caught behind. Gabriel was the aggrieved bowler, and fit the profile too, with a look that loosely translated to where are my *$&#^ wickets? His first spell was five overs - the longest he has bowled on the trot in this series - and gave away only three runs.The last time India played in Jamaica a Rahul scored a century. So it was again when this Rahul came down the track and smacked the offspin of Chase into the stands at long-on. It was a shot definitive of the knock, showing how the batsman had read the threat of the ball early and how firm he was with his footwork. The only thing it didnt make clear was how effective he had been in keeping the good ones out. A delighted fist-pump, an authoritative raise of his bat and a hug from M Vijay, who came out with drinks, were part of the celebrations.Coming into the Jamaica Test, Rahuls top five scores in descending order read: 110, 108, 16, 7, 5. Symptoms of a good player, but a nervous starter. So even with the 75 runs he had overnight, there were questions that needed answering. West Indies had a set plan at the start - the extra pace of Gabriel allied to Holders wide-outside-off lines to restrict run flow and create pressure. An anxious batsman could have been led into a mistake, but Rahul was careful. And decisive too - when he went back, he went right back. When he went forward, he was more or less meeting the ball on the half-volley. Not since Mohammad Azharuddin in 1984-85 had an India batsman converted his first three fifties into hundreds.Rahul is working towards making himself undroppable. Vijay, currently injured, Kohli and Rahane are Indias best Test batsmen. Shikhar Dhawan has shown an improved judgement outside his off stump, an area he had previously struggled with. Pujara hits big hundreds, his inability to do so on Sunday hurt him. Will it hurt his chances for the next too? One of them cant make an Indian XI with five bowlers. Henrikh Mkhitaryan Arsenal Jersey . - Oakland Raiders running back Rashad Jennings was speaking to a group of local high school students earlier this week when the conversation turned to the importance of being prepared when opportunities in life arise. Alex Iwobi Jersey . Durant finished with 24 points and 13 rebounds, Jackson matched his career high with 23 points on 10-of-14 shooting and Lamb scored 12 points on 5-of-7 shooting, lifting the Thunder to a 94-88 win over San Antonio and snapping the Spurs 11-game winning streak. http://www.footballarsenalstore.com/Women-Nacho-Monreal-Arsenal-Fc-Jersey/ . Bryant, who signed a five-year, $34 million contract as a free agent with Cleveland in March, reported symptoms on Monday morning, a team spokesman said. Hector Bellerin Arsenal Jersey . -- PGA TOUR Canada member Steve Saunders took a three-stroke lead Saturday in the Web. Hector Bellerin Jersey . Brett Kulak and Jackson Houck of the Vancouver Giants were each charged with assault causing bodily harm on Aug. 18, according to the B.C. court services. ATLANTA -- Nick Kyrgios withstood the intense heat and three-time defending champion John Isners serve Sunday to win the BB&T Atlanta Open for his second ATP World Tour title.The 21-year-old Australian, 10 years younger than the 6-foot-10 Isner, won 7-6 (3), 7-6 (4). Kyrgios matched Isners powerful service game, especially in the tiebreakers, and topped the ace count 17-16.I knew it was going tough from the get go; John just feels so comfortable out on that court, Kyrgios said. I thought in the tiebreaks I didnt really miss a ball . . . I just did all the right things. I stayed calm.He won in Marseille, France, in February for his lone tour title.The match ended on Isners fourth double fault. During Isners 15-match Atlanta winning streak that ended Sunday, the former University of Georgia player was 12-2 in tiebreakersThe 6-foot-4 Kyrgios didnt appear bothered by the conditions in the match that began with temperatures in the mid-90s, thick humidity and sunshine that helped raise the on-court temperature at Atlantic Station to 130 degrees. He played crisply, and the second-seed kept asking for balls quickly when he was serving so he could dictate tempo.I wasnt playing well at all at the start of the week, Kyrgios said. I wasnt in a good place at all (mentally). Some things, I guess you cant explain.Isner often bent over to rest between points and always took the maximum time on changeovers. The 10-time tour wiinner went through three sweat-soaked shirts to Kyrgios one.ddddddddddddWhen the sun was out and there werent any clouds, I was really struggling, Isner said. It was really hot. I hadnt played under the sun this week at all, so maybe it was a bit of an adjustment for me.Kyrgios fought off three break points in the second game of the match to even the set at 1. Neither player broke the others serve all.I think him holding that first game certainly was important. It definitely settled him down, Isner said. If I go up 2-0, theres a good chance that sets over.Playing in the day after three night matches, Isner faltered in both tiebreakers.I got a second wind in the second set, and I felt like I put myself in position to win, but I just sort of fell apart, he said. (In the second breaker) I doubled, steered a forehand and missed a forehand. Ive just got to fix a few things. It could just be between my ears.Kyrgios will rise to a career-high ranking of No. 16 in the world Monday, while Isner was likely to remain No. 17.This week was so much fun, Kyrgios said. I had my best friend here. I had my mom here, and a couple of the guys Im closest with on the Tour were here early in the week. It was probably the best week Ive had off the court in a long time. Its just rewarding that I played well. ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz