Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 35 mal aufgerufen
 Forenspiele
jj009 Offline

ChAôt

28.07.2019 04:41
inch-hitter Brandon Nimmo singled off Gomez leading off the ninth and Reyes sent a changeup over the right-field wall with one o Antworten

NEW YORK -- Jose Reyes had played 1,613 major league games without ever tying a game in the ninth inning with a home run.The Mets third baseman picked a good time to try it out.Reyes connected off Philadelphia Phillies closer Jeanmar Gomez, tying it 6-6 and forcing extra innings.Asdrubal Cabrera then hit a three-run drive during an 11th-inning rally to lift the Mets to a dramatic 9-8 win over the Phillies that kept them tied atop the NL wild-card standings.Reyes only rejoined the Mets this summer after being released by the Colorado Rockies following a 59-day suspension for domestic violence. Hes been well received by fans at Citi Field and was jubilant as he rounded the bases Thursday, saluting the dugout as he approached first base and dancing with Alejandro De Aza in the dugout before exchanging exuberant high-fives with teammates.It never crossed my mind that I was going to be in this situation to play again for the New York Mets, Reyes said. It was an unbelievable moment.I dont remember the last time I was that emotional running the bases, he added. When I was running home, a lot of stuff (was going) through my head.New York trailed 6-4 before pinch-hitter Brandon Nimmo singled off Gomez leading off the ninth and Reyes sent a changeup over the right-field wall with one out.Philadelphia went ahead 8-6 in the 11th when A.J. Ellis hit an RBI single off Jeurys Familia and Jim Henderson (2-2) walked Maikel Franco with the bases loaded.Pinch-hitter Michael Conforto walked against Edubray Ramos (1-3) with one out in the bottom half, Reyes singled and Cabrera, who has been playing with a strained left knee tendon, sent a slider soaring to right, setting off a wild celebration. The Mets had been 0-63 this year when trailing after eight innings.As soon as I hit it, I knew the ball was going to be out, Cabrera said.Cabreras blast was the infielders fourth career walk-off homer.New York stopped a three-game skid and remained tied with San Francisco for the NL wild-card spots.This was the toughest loss of the season, said Phillies manager Pete Mackanin. Our guys did a great job offensively. We should have had them. We just made a lot of bad pitches and let them right back in.The Mets tied a franchise record for an extra innings game by using 27 players in a win that took 4 hours, 23 minutes. They used 10 pitchers, matching the most used in a game in franchise history.Tonights game personifies exactly what the season is like, manager Terry Collins said. Up and down, up and down. And youve got to keep playing.New York wasted a lead provided by Curtis Grandersons two-run homer and fell behind 3-2 when Ryan Howard and Cameron Rupp homered on consecutive pitches from Seth Lugo in the fifth. Lugo is among the rookies inserted into the Mets rotation because of injuries to Matt Harvey, Jacob deGrom, Noah Syndergaard and Steven Matz.TRAINERS ROOMMets: LHP Matz was scratched from his scheduled start on Friday because of continued discomfort in his left shoulder. He hasnt pitched since Aug. 14.Phillies: OF Tyler Goeddel was diagnosed with a concussion after getting hit by Chris Becks pitch on Wednesday. ... RHP Luis Garcia was hit on the right ankle by a sixth-inning line drive by James Loney. Garcia remained in the game.TEBOWINGMets minor leaguer Tim Tebow is scheduled to play his first instructional league game in Port St. Lucie, Florida against St. Louis minor leaguers on Wednesday, Sept. 28.UP NEXTRHP Jeremy Hellickson (12-9) starts against the Mets for the fifth time this year on Friday. He has not allowed an earned run in his last 15 1/3 innings. RHP Gabriel Ynoa (1-0) will start in place of Matz. Austin Bryant Youth Jersey . Fred Couples, captain of the U.S. side, put it all into perspective. "We know whos in charge," he said. Austin Bryant Jersey . The winner Saturday will remain in the elite 10-team field next year. "We talked about wanting to be disciplined and stick with our game plan and good things will come," Draisaitl said, who had two goals for the victors. http://www.authenticnfllionslockroom.com/Youth-Barry-Sanders-Elite-Jersey/ .Y. - General manager Billy King says the Brooklyn Nets are looking to add a big man and confirmed the team worked out centre Jason Collins, who would become the first openly gay active NBA player if signed. Jahlani Tavai Jersey .com) - Following a late-game loss to the reigning NBA champs, the Toronto Raptors will look to sustain their recent high-level play as they travel to Indiana to take on the Pacers. Jahlani Tavai Womens Jersey . - Oakland Raiders running back Rashad Jennings was speaking to a group of local high school students earlier this week when the conversation turned to the importance of being prepared when opportunities in life arise. MILWAUKEE -- Chase Anderson is finishing strongly for the Milwaukee Brewers.Anderson beat the Pittsburgh Pirates for the third time this season, leading Milwaukee to a 3-1 win Thursday night.Chris Carter hit his 37th home run, matching his career high, and Scooter Gennett sliced an opposite-field, two run homer to help the Brewers avoid another sweep at Miller Park by the Pirates.Anderson (9-11) allowed four hits in 5 2/3 innings, including a fifth-inning home run by Francisco Cervelli, his first since last Sept. 30.I think hes pitched well, the last six or seven starts, Brewers manager Craig Counsell said. Tonight, his curveball was a big pitch for him, especially early in the game. He used his curve ball very effectively. He got strikeouts with it. He got early strikes with it.Anderson improved to 3-1 in five starts this season against the Pirates, who had won their prior six games at Milwaukee.Hes been pitching probably as good as he has in his career, Pirates manager Clint Hurdle said. Hes in a nice little groove.Anderson knew his curveball was working well.I would say that it tonight that it was the best it has been this year, he said. I dont know if thats a bold statement, but I just felt like it was.Gennett homered to left field in the first against Ryan Vogelsong (3-6), who gave up two hits in four innings, struck out seven and walked twoI thought I threw a pretty good curveball there, Vogelsong said of tthe pitch Gennett hit.dddddddddddd He stayed behind it and hit it the other way.Vogelsong had won his previous four starts against the Brewers.Tyler Thornburg pitched the ninth for his 12th save in 17 chances.Carter homered in the seventh off Trevor Williams and matched his home run and RBI (88) totals with Houston two years ago. He also struck out twice, raising his NL-leading total to 196.STEALING FOR THE LEADMilwaukees Jonathan Villar stole his 58th base this season, tying Cincinnatis Billy Hamilton for the major league lead.MR. VERSATILEINF/OF Hernan Perez made his first start in center field this season for Milwaukee and has played at every position except catcher and pitcher. It gives us flexibility in lineup construction and injury and just rest, Counsell said. Were a little banged up right now, but I think thats ultimately what a versatile player does is give you a lot of coverage.TRAINERS ROOMBrewers: OF Kirk Nieuwenhuis, who strained his abdomen Friday, remains day-to-day. He has to be able to get on the field and run and swing a bat in batting practice, Counsell said.UP NEXTBrewers: RHP Zach Davies (11-7) starts the final home series Friday night when he faces Cincinnati for the fifth time in his career. He is 1-1 with a 3.57 ERA in three starts against the Reds this season. ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz