Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 34 mal aufgerufen
 Forenspiele
jj009 Offline

ChAôt

25.07.2019 09:20
BCCI and what it had done to persuade the state associations to adopt the recommendations. The court scheduled the next hearing Antworten

PITTSFORD, N.Y. -- Out of shape and preparing to serve a four-game suspension, Buffalo Bills running back Karlos Williams is apologetic when bluntly assessing the fix hes put himself in.Im very disappointed in myself. I put the organization, my teammates, my family in a very bad situation, he said, upon reporting for the start of training camp this weekend.I only can learn from my mistakes this offseason and get ready to get back in shape, get ready to play football, and only can move forward.Theres no point looking back on an offseason that went from bad to worse for Williams, who made a significant contribution to Buffalos NFL-leading rushing attack as a rookie last season.You cant change what happened, he said. All you can do is work, work, work and get ready to play football.He has plenty of time to get into shape. Aside from the suspension, Williams isnt cleared for practice and instead is taking part in conditioning drills while opening camp on the active/non-football illness list.The trouble began in June, when he raised concerns by showing up overweight for a three-day mandatory minicamp. Williams blamed the added bulk on being empathetic to his fiance and not wanting her to snack alone during her pregnancy.Though it was never made clear how overweight Williams was, coach Rex Ryan joked the player might be a candidate for Lap-Band surgery.No one was laughing a few weeks later, when the NFL announced Williams four-game suspension for violating the leagues substance abuse policy.The 23-year-old Williams chalked it up to being a young kid, and just making bad decisions, not thinking things through.His stumbles happened as quickly as his ascension last year.Williams was considered a project when Buffalo drafted him in the fifth round out of Florida State. At 6-foot-1 and 230 pounds, he had the combination of size and speed to play running back. What he lacked was experience at the position after making the switch from safety during the 2013 season.Williams immediately dispelled any questions by becoming the second NFL player to score touchdowns in his first six games -- and at a time when starter LeSean McCoy was hampered by a hamstring injury.With a powerful, straight-ahead running style, Williams scored three TDs rushing and another receiving in his first four games before missing three with a concussion.He then returned to score two more rushing and another receiving in his next two games, and finished with 517 yards rushing, 96 receiving and nine touchdowns (seven rushing and two receiving) in 11 games.The question now is what role Williams will have once hes eligible to return in Week 5.General manager Doug Whaley provided no guarantees.Hes a young guy and hes got to understand that everybody that comes into this building or into camp is competing for playing time and cap space, Whaley said. Hes behind the 8-ball right now. And I think hes more disappointed than we are.The Bills have depth at running back, starting with Mike Gillislee, who played a complementary role in closing last season. Buffalo also re-signed Boom Herron and added James Wilder Jr., the son of former Buccaneers fullback James Wilder.Then theres fifth-round pick Jonathan Williams, who faces potential discipline after being arrested in Arkansas on a misdemeanor charge of driving while intoxicated two weeks ago.Karlos Williams first concern is getting back on the field.I can control me, and all I can control right now is being in shape, Williams said. Its all about showing people, showing my family, showing my friends, the ownership, my coaches, my teammates and definitely earning my teammates trust back.---AP NFL websites: http://pro32.ap.org and http://twitter.com/AP-NFL Jed Lowrie Jersey . -- Devin Hester is done returning kicks in Chicago. Lenny Dykstra Jersey . Pirlo limped out of Sundays 1-0 win over Udinese after just 13 minutes. Juventus says Pirlo underwent tests on Monday which revealed he has "a second-degree lesion to the collateral medial ligament in his right knee. http://www.metssale.com/mets-zack-wheeler-jersey/ . The person spoke to The Associated Press on condition of anonymity because the Lions have not announced the hiring, which was first reported by ESPN. Lombardi, the grandson of former Green Bay Hall of Fame coach Vince Lombardi, has been an offensive assistant on Sean Paytons New Orleans staff since 2007. Tom Seaver Mets Jersey .Y. - Free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury, fresh off winning the World Series with Boston, reached agreement with the rival New York Yankees on a seven-year contract worth about $153 million, a person familiar with the negotiations said Tuesday night. New York Mets Jerseys . The FA rejected Wilsheres appeal that the length of his punishment was "clearly excessive" and said Thursday his suspension begins with immediate effect. He will miss league matches against Chelsea on Monday and West Ham on Dec. The Supreme Court of India has passed an order that limits the BCCIs financial freedom and power until the board and its state associations comply with the Lodha Committees recommendations.In a 25-page order issued on Friday, the court directed the BCCI not to distribute funds to its state associations until they submit affidavits stating compliance with the recommendations to the court and the Lodha Committee in two weeks. The order was passed by a three-judge bench comprising Chief Justice of India TS Thakur and Justices AM Khanwilkar and DY Chandrachud.The court also asked BCCI president Anurag Thakur and secretary Ajay Shirke to meet the Lodha Committee before November 3. They were required to submit an affidavit of compliance in the court by December 3, elaborating on the recommendations already implemented by the BCCI and what it had done to persuade the state associations to adopt the recommendations. The court scheduled the next hearing for December 5. In another significant decision, the court asked the Lodha Committee to appoint an independent auditor to verify the BCCIs accounts. The Lodha Committee was also asked to set a threshold value for various contracts the BCCI enters into, and all contracts in excess of that amount would need the committees approval. The next major contract for the board is the IPL broadcast deal, set to be finalised on October 25.Ive always maintained that we have the highest respect for judiciary. We have welcomed the Lodha Committee recommendations, we more than welcome them because we have nothing to hide, Thakur told Sportstar after the order came out. Im very optimistic in my approach and I am sure some of the issues that we have requested for a re-look will be addressed. We are not fighting against anyone. All I have been saying is that there is confusion regarding certain recommendations. I am sure a dialogue can be had in the interest of the game.Fridays order is the second one issued this week by the court, after an interim order on October 17 in response to the Lodha Committees status report, which had recommended that the BCCI office bearers be superseded and a panel of administrators be appointed because the board was impeding the implementtation of the court-approved recommendations.ddddddddddddIn its order the court noted that there was substance in the status report. It also said the BCCI was in breach of the July 18 court order that had approved the majority of recommendations in the Lodha Committees report and asked the board and states to implement them in four to six months. Implementation of the final judgment of this Court dated 18 July 2016 has prima facie been impeded by the intransigence of BCCI and its office bearers, the court order said.The court said that at this stage it was refraining from approving the Lodha Committees suggestion to supersede the BCCI office bearers because the board had said in a submission to the court that it would make every genuine effort to persuade the state associations to comply with the recommendations.The BCCIs position had been that it could not implement the Lodha Committees recommendations without a majority of its state associations agreeing to do so. The key recommendations the board said the states were reluctant to accept were the one-state-one-vote policy, the age cap of 70 for administrators, and the limit of three, three-year terms with cooling-off periods in between for office bearers.The court order put the states under pressure to comply by cutting off their funding. The BCCI shall forthwith cease and desist from making any disbursement of funds for any purpose whatsoever to any state association until and unless the state association concerned adopts a resolution undertaking to implement the recommendations of the Committee as accepted by this Court in its judgment dated 18 July, the court order said. A state was to receive funds from the BCCI only after the resolution, signed by its president, was submitted to the committee and the court.The court said it had taken cognisance of the argument raised by the boards legal counsel Kapil Sibal, who had said the BCCI would demonstrate to the Lodha Committee how it had already fulfilled some of the recommendations. The court asked the committee to verify whether there had been full compliance. ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz