Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 32 mal aufgerufen
 DER CHAT
jokergreen0220 Offline

ChAôt

24.07.2019 10:19
DETROIT -- The Toronto Blue Jays can win an occasional pitching duel, too -- or at least hold their own until Brett Lawrie and t Antworten

DETROIT -- The Toronto Blue Jays can win an occasional pitching duel, too -- or at least hold their own until Brett Lawrie and the rest of their sluggers finally break through. Wholesale Nike Shoes . In a game that was scoreless until the ninth inning, Lawries three-run homer highlighted a big burst for the Blue Jays, who then held on for a 5-3 win over the Detroit Tigers on Tuesday night. Drew Hutchison pitched seven scoreless innings for Toronto, which now has the second-best record in the American League but still faces questions about the sturdiness of its starting rotation. "He looks like a veteran out there," Lawrie said. "Hes throwing the ball very well for us. Hes keeping us in ballgames." The Blue Jays have a team ERA of 4.07, and aside from Mark Buehrle, their pitching has been shaky. But Hutchison was sharp against Detroit, allowing three hits without a walk and striking out seven. If Toronto can pitch like that, Lawrie, Jose Bautista, Edwin Encarnacion and the rest of the lineup should be able to provide enough offence. "I didnt really get going and get into a good rhythm until probably about the fourth or the fifth," Hutchison said. "Obviously, I believe Im a good pitcher, and Im capable of doing that every night, and thats what I expect out of myself." Anibal Sanchez matched Hutchison with seven scoreless innings, but both bullpens came unglued in the ninth. The Blue Jays broke loose against Joe Nathan (2-2) to win this matchup of the AL East and AL Central leaders. In his first season with the Tigers, Nathans ERA is now an unsightly 6.86 after he was charged with four runs Tuesday. "Im at a loss for words. I thought I threw pretty well," Nathan said. "Ive got to be better. A lot of bad luck out there, too. But the biggest thing is another loss for the team." The 39-year-old right-hander walked Anthony Gose to start the ninth -- Torontos first baserunner since the fourth inning. Gose stole second and went to third on a single by Jose Reyes. After a popup by Melky Cabrera gave the Tigers hope of escaping the jam, Bautista put the Blue Jays ahead with an RBI single up the middle. Bautistas grounder slipped between shortstop Andrew Romine and second baseman Ian Kinsler. Romine appeared to shy away at the last second, as if Kinslers presence distracted him, but it wasnt clear if the ball was hit hard enough for an inning-ending double play anyway. "Im not sure if Romine thought Ian was going to get to the ball or Ian thought Romine would get the ball," Detroit manager Brad Ausmus said. "I thought it was going to be a double play ball at the time, but it was more in the middle than I could tell from my angle." Nathan nearly picked Reyes off third, but the safe call was upheld after a replay review. After Encarnacion walked to load the bases, pinch-hitter Kevin Pillar hit a sacrifice fly off Ian Krol for the games second run. Lawrie then went deep off Al Alburquerque for his ninth homer of the year. J.D. Martinez hit a three-run homer with two outs in the ninth for the Tigers. Casey Janssen came on and struck out Don Kelly for his ninth save in 10 chances. Dustin McGowan (3-2) worked the eighth for the win. The Tigers avoided a second straight shutout, but Detroit has lost three straight. Sanchez allowed two hits with five strikeouts and no walks. NOTES: Detroits Austin Jackson was given an error on a flyball by Texas Mitch Moreland from a May 24 game after an official scoring change. The play was originally ruled a double. ... Home plate umpire Tony Randazzo was hit near the throat in the fifth when Hutchison bounced a pitch. Randazzo was shaken up but able to continue. ... Detroit RHP Rick Porcello (8-2) takes the mound Wednesday night against Toronto RHP R.A. Dickey (5-4). Discount Nike Shoes . -- The Kelowna Rockets earned their 16th straight win with a 7-2 rout of the Portland Winterhawks in Western Hockey League action Thursday. Cheap Authentic Nike Shoes Wholesale .Mallais and his team out of Saint John defeated James Grattan 5-4 in Fredericton.The 2015 Tim Hortons Brier from Feb. http://www.nikeshoxcheap.com/ .com) - Quarterback Cardale Jones will return to Ohio State next season.TEMPE, Ariz. - Arizona quarterback Drew Stanton said he has improved every day and is hopeful he will be cleared to play in the Cardinals game Sunday against the Washington Redskins.Speaking to reporters for the first time this week, Stanton said after Thursdays practice that he is symptom free and hopes to pass tests on Friday that would clear him to play.Stanton sustained a concussion in last Sundays loss at Denver. The status of quarterback Carson Palmer remains uncertain as he works his way back from an injured nerve in his throwing shoulder.If Stanton and Palmer cant play, the start would go to rookie Logan Thomas.Theres a lot of questions in our quarterback room right now, Stanton said.Stanton said that the test he took on Wednesday still found him lagging in some areas.But asked if he thought he had a chance to play Sunday, Stanton said without a doubt.I dont know about chances-wise or percentages or anything like that, but Ive improved every day. Thats the big thing, he said. Ive felt more comfortable with everything a€” being around light and not feeling dizzy or any of that stuff, being able to focus and concenntrate, so hopefully tomorrow will be another step forward in that process and we can go from there. Cheap Nike Shoes Online. For the first time since he was hurt, Stanton was cleared for non-contact activity on Thursday.He said he just loosened up, kind of moved around, threw, went through the game plan stuff, just got a feel for everything. It was my first day of really kind of diving into it.Palmer, who was listed as limited in practice on Thursday, went down in the season opener with a nerve injury in his throwing shoulder, and Stanton has started the three games since. He helped the team beat the New York Giants and San Francisco before last Sundays loss to the Broncos.Thomas, a fourth-round draft pick out of Virginia Tech, played in the fourth quarter of that game, completing one of eight passes, but that one completion went 81 yards, to Andre Ellington, for a touchdown.In case Stanton and Palmer cant go on Sunday, Arizona signed quarterback Dennis Dixon to the practice squad earlier in the week. Dixon would back up Thomas if thats necessary.___Online:AP NFL website: www.pro32.ap.org and http://twitter.com/AP_NFL ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz