Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 32 mal aufgerufen
 Forenspiele
jj009 Offline

ChAôt

20.07.2019 04:22
cars in six different series and can be a bit demanding.Theres always pressure from Chip. He loves winners, Larson said Monday. Antworten

CHARLOTTE, N.C. -- Kyle Larson first took off his steering wheel and hung it out the window as he did celebratory burnouts. Then he climbed to the roof of his car and raised his arms in triumph.A day after one of the most demonstrative victory celebrations in at least a decade, Larson seemed sheepish about the exuberance he showed at Michigan International Speedway.I probably went a little overboard, Larson said Monday.Nobody was complaining.Larson gave a rare display -- by NASCAR standards -- of raw emotion after winning his first Sprint Cup Series race Sunday. It came in his 99th start, three long years after he burst onto the national scene with projections of being the next big thing in a sport that hypes up young drivers then spits them out when they fail to produce.Although he was lauded by the top names in NASCAR as one of the most talented drivers to come along in decades, Larson couldnt find his way to victory lane. Part of it came for driving for an organization trying to dig itself out of a downturn, some of it was inexperience and some of it was plain driver error.No matter the excuse, Larson was barely sniffing at the front of the pack and always found himself on the outside of the Chase for the Sprint Cup championship field.The outside is a tough place to be when you drive for Chip Ganassi, who fields winning cars in six different series and can be a bit demanding.Theres always pressure from Chip. He loves winners, Larson said Monday. Thats no secret. He says he loves winners in every tweet he sends. Every week he tells us to do the obvious things right, and then you dont do the obvious things right.But Ganassi has shown patience with his NASCAR rebuild and hes got faith in the 24-year-old Larson. When Larson declined to race Matt Kenseth roughly in the closing laps at Dover earlier this summer, Ganassi didnt complain about his driver failing to do whatever it took to win.Its important to understand how massive a Chase berth is for an organization like Ganassi, and when Larson decided to race cleanly against Kenseth, it was a huge missed opportunity to ear that automatic berth into the playoffs.But Ganassi defended Larsons decision that day and was redeemed on Sunday when Larson beat Chase Elliott on a late restart to claim his victory.Everybody said `Why didnt you hit him? Why didnt you do this or that? Ganassi said. Thats Kyle. I think its important to understand that these guys are not robots ... theyre all different. Theyre all different personalities.I couldnt be more proud of how hes developed over the last couple of years.So tired of answering when hed finally win a race, Larson had nearly given up Sunday after a slow pit stop cost him the lead. It allowed Elliott to race to a huge advantage that Larson knew he couldnt overcome.Elliott, a rookie, was going to be the next first-time winner and Larson was going to be forced to discuss another race that got away.Then a late caution changed everything and gave Larson a second chance.Thats when the nerves began to take hold.I was relieved that the caution came out because there was absolutely no way I was going to win the race had that yellow not come out, Larson said. I knew what was at stake there on the restart, it was a huge restart. If I dont get the jump, Im going to not make the Chase, not get the win, have to watch Chase get his first win before me. There was just a lot on the line.Larson knew he was better than Elliott on the restarts, but figured Elliott would change something up with the win on the line. Instead, he said Elliott took off in the exact same spot in what turned out to be a tire-spinning poor restart for both drivers.But with a push from Brad Keselowski -- and a fear that he was about to wreck the field -- Larson took off and the checkered flag was finally in sight.The celebration that followed was refreshing and pure: Larson dedicated the win to friend Bryan Clauson, who died from injuries in a sprint car crash earlier this month, then he sat down next to his car to compose himself.It was all emotion, he said. I had spent two or three minutes screaming and running and I was pretty lightheaded. I just wanted to take a second and regain my composure. I didnt need to be passing out in victory lane. Devin Hester Youth Jersey . PAUL, Minn. Mitchell Trubisky Womens Jersey . -- Jacksonville wide receiver Cecil Shorts will likely be a game-time decision whether hell play Sunday in the Jaguars home game against the San Diego Chargers. http://www.chicagobearfootballauthentic.com/authentic-akiem-hicks-bears-jersey/ .Y. -- Buffalo Bills coach Doug Marrone has drawn on his Syracuse connections once again by hiring Rob Moore to take over as receivers coach. Anthony Miller Bears Jersey . -- Its been a long road back for Sean Bergenheim. Walter Payton Bears Jersey . John Tavares, Thomas Vanek and Kyle Okposo were also being counted on to slow down sizzling Rangers forward Rick Nash. That plan didnt go so well early. PITTSBURGH -- It might feel like a do-over Saturday when the Washington Nationals and Pittsburgh Pirates play the second game of their three-game series at PNC Park.Thanks to Pittsburghs 11-inning, 6-5 win Friday, Washington is still trying to clinch the National League East title, and the Pirates are still clinging to long odds that they will get into the postseason.Actually, even if the Nationals had won Friday, they would not have clinched because their magic number was two and the New York Mets won. But a win would have left Washington in control and needing just a win Saturday -- or in any of its last nine regular-season games -- to capture its third division title in five years.Pittsburgh also has nine games left, but a 3 1/2-game mountain to get into a wild-card position might be insurmountable.Still, getting the win Friday to help keep their hopes alive and avoid a scenario where Washington gets to celebrate at their home park was something positive for the Pirates -- and especially for rookie Jacob Stallings, who hit a walk-off pinch-hit RBI single with two outs and a full count in the 11th.Obviously, its a big win for us trying to make the playoffs, Stallings said. It was pretty cool.Washingtons Joe Ross (7-5, 3.48 ERA) is slated to start Saturday, his second start since coming off the disabled list after recovering from a shoulder injury.After being out 2 1/2 mmonths, Ross allowed one run on six singles in three innings on Sunday, throwing 51 pitches, in the Nationals rain-shortened loss against Atlanta the Braves.dddddddddddd felt good, and that was what I was mainly concerned with, Ross told the Washington Post after that game. Just going out there feeling good and competing.The Nationals hope for a little more from Ross, and look for him to go longer Saturday. That is particularly true now after Washington used seven relievers Friday.Before he got hurt, Ross struck out a career-best 11 in 7 1/3 innings in a 4-1 Washington win over Pittsburgh that was Ross third major league start.Ross will be matched against one of the Pirates steadiest starters over the past seven weeks.Ivan Nova (12-7, 4.19 ERA) has been more than steady since the Pirates acquired him from the New York Yankees Aug. 1.In his first nine starts with Pittsburgh, he is 5-1 with a 2.93 ERA with 46 strikeouts and just three walks.He has made just one career start against Washington, a 4-1 win while pitching for the Yankees in 2012.Nova has been so good that reports abound that the Pirates will not be able to afford to re-sign him despite their interest in doing so.For now, Pittsburgh needs him to keep its playoff hopes alive Saturday. ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz