Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 34 mal aufgerufen
 Forenspiele
jj009 Offline

ChAôt

13.07.2019 04:37
ng he sees through the smoked glass windows of an austere mobile headquarters strategically positioned in every European paddock Antworten

LAC DE PAYOLLE, France -- Adam Yates didnt know what hit him. Roger Craig 49ers Jersey .On the attack in the Tour de France, the British rider was suddenly performing a somersault in midair after an inflatable arch marking the final kilometer collapsed and hit him during a bizarre finale to Fridays seventh stage.Yates hit the ground hard, bloodying his chin and bruising his shoulder. Still, he was able to get back on his bike and reach the finish shortly after his countryman Steve Cummings won the first of four stages in the Pyrenees with a solo attack on the Col dAspin climb.I had no time to react, Yates said after getting his chin stitched up. Its a good thing it was just me on my own. It could have been a lot worse with the peloton sprinting at 70 kph (45 mph). ... I cant tell you what happened. The barrier came down.Fortunately, his day only got better. Organizers later revised his time and he rose to second in the overall standings, 5 minutes 50 seconds behind race leader Greg Van Avermaet of Belgium.The 23-year-old Yates also earned the white jersey as the Tours highest-placed young rider after officials took the finishing times three kilometers from the end of the 162.5-kilometer (101-mile) leg from LIsle-Jourdain to Lac de Payolle.It wont make a big difference because there was a downhill and flat portion before the finish, said Thierry Gouvenou, the Tour technical director. It was a major incident, but we have the means to deal with it.Van Avermaet, who was in a breakaway with Cummings, held on to the overall leaders yellow jersey he claimed two days earlier. Overall favorites Chris Froome and Nairo Quintana finished in the main pack.Froome, Quintana, and other riders had to lift the crumpled arch -- known as the flamme rouge for the red flag it holds -- off the ground and slip their bikes underneath it.Julian Alaphilippe is third in the overall standings, 5:51 behind, with Alejandro Valverde fourth, 5:53 back.I did not plan to be in a breakaway, Van Avermaet said. Im not a good climber, Im a classic rider, and the big favorites did not see me as a threat.Thibaut Pinot, considered one of the top French contenders, was dropped on the Aspin.All 198 riders started the stage, marking the first time the entire peloton was still racing this late in the Tour in 103 editions.The Aspin, which was included in the Tour for the 73rd time, was affronted from its longer southern slope, 12 kilometers at an average gradient of 6.5 percent.Cummings was part of a 29-man breakaway featuring Van Avermaet and 2014 winner Vincenzo Nibali.However, it was Cummings who attacked first on the Aspin and he rode solo over the summit and maintained a comfortable lead on the ensuing high-speed descent and slight rise to the finish in Lac de Payolle.Cummings shook his head in disbelief as he approached the line then raised both arms, pumped his fist, and kissed his wrist.I was cooking on that climb and I thought Vincenzo would come back, Cummings said. I thought Nibali would pass me like Marco Pantani or something and I would never be able to get on the wheel.But you just keep going, Cummings added. I was on the limit the whole last climb. It was horrible, actually.Cummings, a teammate of Mark Cavendish on Team Dimension Data, also won a stage in last years Tour.When the main pack reached the line 4 1/2 minutes later, Quintana and Froome were seen patting each other on the back and talking to each other, likely about the incident with the inflatable device.Stage 8 on Saturday is a much more challenging 184-kilometer (114-mile) leg from Pau to Bagneres-de-Luchon featuring four serious climbs, beginning with the Col du Tourmalet, which is so difficult its labeled beyond classification.Weve got a really big weekend coming up and theres a lot of hard racing to come, Froome said. I would imagine well see bigger time gaps tomorrow.---AP Sports Writer Samuel Petrequin contributed to this report.---Andrew Dampf on Twitter: www.twitter.com/asdampf George Kittle 49ers Jersey . And when it opened, every player was at his stall. Thats a sure sign that a team is in a slump and is searching for answers. "Its embarrassing to be at home and play the way we did," said defenceman Josh Gorges. Steve Young Jersey . Following a lopsided 5-2 loss against the New Jersey Devils on Wednesday night, Paul MacLean told reporters that "theres a lack of focus, theres a lack of leadership and theres a lack of preparation" with his struggling team. That came on the heels of Bryan Murray taking the unusual step of going into the locker room at the Prudential Center and addressing the players himself. http://www.thesf49ersshoponline.com/Yout...e-49ers-Jersey/ . Peter Gammons, an analyst for Major League Baseballs network and website, drew the ire of hockey fans on Sunday when he criticized the two NHL teams on Twitter for their physical game the night before. Its no surprise that Bernie Ecclestone has been asked by F1s new minority-stake owners to stay on for three years. Liberty Media may understand sport and Major League Baseball in particular but the owners of the entertainment business are astute enough to realise that F1 is a law onto itself.Whether thats a good or a bad thing is another matter. Liberty Media have clearly been quick to realise that, like it or not, the day-to-day running of F1 would descend into chaos if several well-meaning managers attempted to embrace the work of an occasionally less than benign dictator.Ecclestone controls virtually everything he sees through the smoked glass windows of an austere mobile headquarters strategically positioned in every European paddock. The fact that F1 is like no other sport in terms of structure and control is totally down to an 85-year-old dictator who may be small in size but is huge in influence and a form of control verging on obsession.If Ecclestone is not discussing -- some might say dictating -- terms with hapless race promoters, he is scrutinising aerial photographs of the race track and its environs to ensure cars and trucks are parked perfectly in line. This mania for neatness is an extension of a sharp eye for detail and opportunity that has embraced a restructuring of the sport and brought with it the accumulation of vast personal wealth during the past four decades.F1 in the Sixties used to be an organisational shambles; a reflection of the post-war years when everyone was happy to simply go motor racing and have fun. Fatalities and flimsy bank balances were considered to be part of the sports fabric. The prevailing attitude seemed to be that if this was too uncomfortable, you went off and did something less costly in every sense.Ecclestone understood the element of risk and tragedy in 1958 and 1970 when he had to cope with the deaths of Stuart Lewis-Evans and Jochen Rindt, whom he managed after giving up illusions of becoming a driver himself.It was not until he bought Brabham in 1971 that Ecclestone began to fully appreciate the financial potential of what was an allegedly professional sport run in an amateurish fashion. Patrick Willis 49ers Jersey. Teams negotiated individually with each race organiser for starting money, the bulk of which was spent on keeping Ferrari sweet (thus proving some aspects of todays hugely transformed business remain exactly as they were).As a spectator, you never knew which team would turn up to take part in a Grand Prix weekend, the timetable for which could change each day at the whim of the promoter. And some of the wheezing, oil-burning collections of racing car parts at the back of the grid were not fit for purpose in any race, never mind a Grand Prix. With the exception of the races in Monaco, Britain and Italy, television coverage did not exist.Ecclestone single-handedly changed all of that. While introducing collective bargaining for everyones financial benefit, the teams had to play their part by presenting a professional show. The change has been immense: from oily overalls to crisp uniforms; grimy enclaves to immaculate garages; kettles and teapots to Michelin cuisine; all of which are the backdrop to a sports show performed fortnightly on a global basis.Ecclestone has arguably gone too far with many things, more noticeably his soulless paddocks and an isolation policy that keeps the stars away from the people who pay to watch. Its as if these irritating spectators clutter Ecclestones vision of an immaculate business that generates money. And dont even begin to ask Mr. E about social media; he probably thinks platforms are something needed when he last used a train fifty years ago.From what we can tell, Liberty Media has the necessary understanding of everything required to bring F1 up to speed with digital content and the needs of a younger potential audience. In the meantime Ecclestone, for all his faults, is required to keep the wheels turning in every sense. Wholeslae Jerseys NFL Jerseys Cheap Wholesale NBA Jerseys Cheap NHL Jerseys Cheap MLB Jerseys Wholesale Soccer Jerseys Cheap College Jerseys Cheap Football Jerseys Cheap Basketball Jerseys Cheap Baseball Jerseys ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz