Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 38 mal aufgerufen
 Forenspiele
dasg234 Offline

ChAôt

05.11.2018 12:24
ngers: At Vancouver on Tuesday night in the third game of a four-game trip.Oilers: At Anaheim on Tuesday night in the opener of Antworten

CHARLOTTE, N.C. -- When former race car driver Shawna Robinson completed her final radiation treatment for Stage 3 breast cancer in September 2015, she thought the dreaded disease was in her rearview mirror. After all, she was in remission.A little more than six months later, cancer again would affect her family. Her son, Tanner Clark, was diagnosed with testicular cancer just two days before his 20th birthday.I was a mess [when Tanner was diagnosed], the 51-year-old Robinson said. I didnt know what to think. But then you have to pull yourself together because you have to be strong for him and let him know well get through it.Tanners diagnosis was the continuation of a nightmare family saga that began in January 2014 when his 69-year-old grandfather, Dale Clark, lost his battle with prostate cancer. Two months later, Tanners mother was diagnosed with breast cancer. Robinson faced an arduous 1?-year battle that involved surgery, chemotherapy and radiation treatments. Sue Clark, Tanners grandmother, lost her brother to lung cancer in the fall of 2015. And then in April 2016, Tanner was diagnosed.Although Sues son, Jeff Clark, and Shawna Robinson divorced in 2000, Sue Clark opened her Charlotte home to Shawna and children Tanner and Samantha (now 19) when Robinson was undergoing treatment for breast cancer. The children frequently stayed with their grandparents when Shawna and Jeff traveled for their racing careers, and already had rooms there.Even though she and Jeff are divorced, she has always been a big part of our family, Sue said last year as Shawna neared the end of her treatments. It just made it easier for everybody involved.Shawna, Tanner and Tanners girlfriend, Mandy Cressman, were back in Sue Clarks home recently, reflecting on their cancer battles.When Tanner discovered a lump while visiting Cressman in Arlington, Virginia, he sent a text to his grandmother and asked her to make a doctors appointment for him -- a lesson he learned from his grandfathers experience. An ultrasound revealed a malignant tumor.[Dr. Glenn Holladay] said there were two lumps instead of one, Tanner recalled. He said when there were multiple tumors, there was no way its benign.Surgery was scheduled immediately, but chemotherapy didnt begin until two months later. Tanner, an online gamer, had a tournament to attend and didnt want to let his three teammates down. The doctor didnt recommend the two-month wait, but said he believed all of the cancer had been removed because no tumor markers existed after the surgery.They wanted to do chemo just to make sure there wasnt that small, minute chance there might be a microscopic cancer bug somewhere that could spread, Sue Clark said. That had a lot to do with the decision on one or two rounds of chemo. One round is brutal because its every day for five days. I was devastated over them doing all of this to him in one week, but that is how they treat testicular cancer.Tanners chemotherapy lasted three weeks overall. In the first week, he received chemo six hours a day for five consecutive days. The second and third weeks, he received chemo each Monday, and fluids on Wednesday and Friday.After his first chemo treatment, Tanner said he realized he couldnt continue his pursuit of Call of Duty in his normal fashion. He composed a tweet for TwitLonger while receiving his second dose of chemo, explaining why he wouldnt be involved in online gaming for numerous hours. He encouraged everyone to become aware of their bodies and their health. He noted his stream would be temporarily inactive, not dead.Ive been dealing with this, Im still going to be grinding. I do not expect sympathy or anything further to come from this, my intent is to inform, Tanner wrote in his tweet.The courage with which Tanner faced cancer impressed his father.I think I took it [his diagnosis] worse than he did. When he was diagnosed, he never once said, Why me? or This isnt fair, said Jeff Clark, the vice president of sales for Roush Yates Engines. The first thing he said was, Can you imagine really young kids that dont even understand cancer who get a terminal diagnosis? How unfair is that for young kids? Im not going to complain about my situation.That really gave me a sense of his maturity and his ownership of what he had. Im very proud of him. He always looked at it as temporary. His attitude helped us through the ordeal.Tanners parents went to his first chemotherapy treatment together, remaining with him the entire six hours. Throughout Tanners treatments, Robinson often would take him there, and his father would bring him home.I give Shawna a lot of credit, Jeff Clark said. Shawna could give true testimony to Tanner on what he was going to experience, what he was going to feel. He took that to heart. That gave Tanner a real sense of respect and appreciation for his mom. She helped him get through a lot of the unknown.Robinson noted that the chemo quickly took a toll on her 6-foot-2 sons lean body. He weighed 150 pounds when he began the treatments. After the first week, his weight had dropped to 138.Tanner said having his mother accompany him to treatments was instrumental.The best part was having her at the hospital with me because shes been in the bed I was in, Tanner said. They dont explain to you how chemo feels and how it goes.Robinson said she and her son experienced many of the same side effects of the chemo. A notable difference was when the hair loss began. Robinson said her hair came out in clumps, while her sons shed over several days.Tanner often wears a ball cap to cover his bald head. He said he still experiences dizziness and confusion.His body is still carrying it [chemo], said Robinson, one of just 16 women to compete at NASCARs highest level and one of three, along with Janet Guthrie and Danica Patrick, to race in the Daytona 500. I dont know when Im going to feel the same again. I still feel weakness. He had a lot of the same reactions I did.Doctors will monitor Tanner for 18 months. Every two months, he will have blood work to check for tumor markers, and every four months he will receive a scan.Tanner and the rest of the family have altered their diet significantly because of cancer. They have switched to almond milk and have drastically reduced their sugar intake. Sugar-coated cereals are gone from Sue Clarks kitchen. Tanners daily breakfast now consists of plain Cheerios with fresh fruit. All candy in the house is sugar free. Tanner also is attempting to reduce his red meat intake.Our racer mentality makes us feel we have the ability to fix anything, Jeff Clark said. When youre faced with these real-life health issues, it resets your mind to understand how fragile we are and how fragile life is, and to make the most of family time as much as we do our racing time.Were all guilty of sometimes putting too much emphasis on racing. Things like this really bring us full circle to realize the value and importance of family.Deb Williams is a North Carolina-based writer and former editor. She has covered auto racing for United Press International, USA Today and The Charlotte Observer. - Wholesale Football College Jerseys .com) - Christian Ponder will get another chance to prove himself for the Minnesota Vikings, with head coach Leslie Frazier announcing Wednesday that the struggling quarterback will start this weekends game against the Green Bay Packers. Cheap Basketball College Jerseys . On June 12, just as the sun sets on the magnificent historical city of Sao Paulo the inventors, innovators and purveyors of “joga bonitowill” open their campaign. The opponent, Croatia and all its football might and will. As opposites do attract we are set for a corker of an opener. http://www.cheapcollegejerseyswholesale.com/ . Tomas Berdych and Radek Stepanek defeated Nenad Zimonjic and Ilija Bozoljac 6-2, 6-4, 7-6 (4) on the indoor hard-court at Belgrade Arena. The victory improved the Czech pairs impressive cup doubles record to 14-1. Authentic College Jerseys . Belfort (24-10) needed just 77 seconds to down Henderson in the headlining bout of Saturdays "UFC Fight Night: Belfort vs. Henderson" event at Goiania Arena in Goiania, Brazil. The fight served as a rematch of the pairs 2006 meeting, which Henderson won by decision. Wholesale College Jerseys . -- Team after team passed on Andre Ellington in the draft. EDMONTON, Alberta -- Michael Grabner is coming up big for the New York Rangers.Grabner scored twice, Antti Raanta stopped 38 shots, and the Rangers beat the Edmonton Oilers 3-1 Sunday night.After signing with the Rangers during the offseason, Grabner now has 10 goals in 16 games to eclipse the nine he scored in 80 games with Toronto last year.Im just trying to go out there and play my role, he said. Its just been going good from the start, from the first game on. I think thats a big part of hockey, when you get confidence, it seems to be going out there and not thinking and good things happen.Dan Girardi also scored to help the Rangers win for the seventh time in eight games -- including two victories against the Oilers.I thought we came out real well, moved the puck, got some quality opportunities and scored a couple of goals, New York coach Alain Vigneault said. After that, there was no doubt they had a real strong push and I thought for the most part our goaltender made some big saves and our guys battled through back-to-back games.Andrej Sekera scored for Edmonton and Cam Talbot finished with 24 saves. The Oilers have lost three straight to fall to 2-5-1 since starting the season 7-1-0.That confidence and swagger we had in the first eight games seems to get away from us a little bit, Oilers forward Milan Lucic said. We havent had it in the last eight games.Things arent always going to go smoothly. We have to stick together as a team and go back to having fun playing the right way.Grabner got New York on the scoreboard just 1:20 in, getting to a big rebound and scoring his ninth of the season. It was the fifth time in seven games the Oilers allowed a goal in the first two minutes.Girardi made it 2-0 with 6:42 left in the firrst as the Rangers had an extra attacker on for a delayed penalty and the defenseman redirected Kevin Hayes pass past Talbot from in front of the net.ddddddddddddEdmonton pulled within one with 1:15 left in the opening period when Connor McDavid spotted a pinching Sekera swooping past the Rangers net and he deflected a shot past Raanta.Grabner scored again with five minutes left in the second when Ryan Nugent-Hopkins gave up the puck at the New York blue line. Talbot made the initial stop, but Grabner was able to swat in the rebound.Edmonton had good pressure in the third period, but Raanta shut the door.We had a lot of players missing in action, Oilers coach Todd McLellan said.Game notes It was the second and final meeting of the season between the two teams. The Rangers won 5-3 in the previous meeting at home on Nov. ... Raanta got the start in net for the Rangers after Henrik Lundqvist played the night before in a 4-1 win at Calgary. Raanta made his fifth start and improved to 4-0-0. He won his first four starts last year before going 0-4-2 in his next eight appearances before finishing 11-6-2. ... The Rangers were without F Chris Kreider, who suffered an upper-body injury against the Flames. F Pavel Buchnevich also missed the game. ... New York already has 10 players with at least 10 points. ... F Zack Kassian returned to Edmontons lineup after missing the last three games with an injury. ... Oilers F Benoit Pouliot played his 500th NHL game.UP NEXTRangers: At Vancouver on Tuesday night in the third game of a four-game trip.Oilers: At Anaheim on Tuesday night in the opener of a three-game trip. Cheap Adidas Hockey Jerseys Wholesale College Jerseys Cheap Nike Basketball Jerseys Cheap Football Jerseys Free Shipping Cheap Baseball Jerseys Cheap Jerseys Free Shipping Cheap Jerseys From China Wholesale Nike NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys China Wholesale Nike NBA Jerseys Cheap NHL Jerseys Authentic Cheap MLB Jerseys Authentic Wholesale Soccer Jerseys China Cheap NCAA Jerseys China Stitched NFL Jerseys Cheap Custom Jerseys China Cheap Basketball Jerseys Authentic NFL Jerseys China Cheap College Jerseys Wholesale Football Jerseys ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz