Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 40 mal aufgerufen
 Forenspiele
x123 Offline

ChAôt

16.05.2019 12:30
nose tackle David Moa (5 1/2 sacks) and senior defensive end Sam McCaskill (4 1/2) have combined for more than half of Boise Sta Antworten

ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. -- Jarred Cosart had difficulty getting to sleep, so he spent much of the night before his major league debut online and learned he was about to face the hottest team in baseball. Turns out he had little reason to be restless. The 23-year-old Cosart took a no-hitter into the seventh inning, and the Houston Astros beat AL Cy Young Award winner David Price 2-1 on Friday night to end the Tampa Bay Rays season-best, eight-game winning streak. "I try to stay off the Internet the day before, but I couldnt sleep last night," he said. "So I was messing around, I looked at the Rays website, I see: Streaking Rays, Price pitching, all that good stuff. "Its a natural instinct. Youre like, OK, theyre good." Cosart (1-0) limited the Rays, who have won 10 of 12 during a 14-game stretch against the American Leagues three worst teams, to a pair of walks before All-Star Ben Zobrist singled with one out in the seventh. Evan Longoria grounded into a double play to end the inning. Cosart also yielded a single to James Loney in the eighth and was removed after walking pinch-hitter Kelly Johnson leading off the ninth. Cosart threw 96 pitches, 54 for strikes. Cosart was he was "very nervous" before facing Price, who reached out to him on Twitter early Friday. "He tweeted at me this morning and said good luck, and most of all have fun," Cosart said. "I look up to him. Hes one of the best pitchers in the game. "That was my thing, not to go out there and try to be David Price or beat David Price. Hes a Cy Young winner, All-Star, all that stuff. I knew if I did that Id probably overthrow. I just wanted to go out there and be myself, pitch down in the zone." Carlos Corporans two-run, first-inning single provided all the support Cosart needed to beat Price (3-5), who allowed eight hits and struck out three in a complete-game performance. Four of the five Rays who reached base against Cosart were erased by double plays. Jose Veras gave up an unearned run on Luke Scotts two-out RBI single in the ninth, but struck out Longoria with the potential tying run on third base to notch his 18th save. "You watched him in spring training. The times he went out you could tell this is a special arm," Houston manager Bo Porter said. "What I like about tonight was the level of composure he displayed. "I just thought he did a great job of managing his emotions and really honing in on exactly how he wanted to pitch guys." It was the second straight day that a rookie right-hander made his big league debut against a reigning Cy Young winner. Clevelands Danny Salazar took a no-hitter into the sixth inning of the Indians 4-2 victory over R.A. Dickey and the Toronto Blue Jays on Thursday. Cosart was equally impressive after being promoted earlier Friday from Triple A Oklahoma City, where he went 7-4 with a 3.29 ERA in 18 appearances, including 17 starts. He began the night by retiring nine in a row before walking Desmond Jennings to lead off the fourth. Wil Myers drew a one-out walk in the fifth, but was erased when Matt Joyce grounded into an inning-ending double play. Zobrist hit a one-hopper past diving second baseman Jose Altuve for Tampa Bays first hit. Loney singled leading off the eighth, but Houston turned its third double play to thwart the prospect of a comeback. Porter was reluctant to compare Cosarts debut with those of other young pitchers who have made an early splash. "I think a lot of times when you have guys come up who are top prospects, one of the worst things you can do is start throwing out comparables," Porter said. "Jarred Cosart will establish who Jarred Cosart is, and I want to give him an opportunity to do that. I think he has the stuff to be an elite pitcher in this league, and over time he will answer all those questions." Despite a rough first inning, Price was solid in his third start since rejoining the Rays from a 47-day stay on the disabled list with a triceps strain. He beat the Astros 8-0 at Minute Maid Park in his return on July 2, then held the Chicago White Sox to one run in a complete game victory last Sunday. The Astros loaded the bases in the first on singles by Jake Elmore, Chris Carter and J.D. Martinez. Corporans single to centre produced a 2-0 lead. Houston scattered four hits over the final eight innings, but only had one runner -- Matt Dominguez, who doubled leading off the fifth -- get past first base. "That first inning, that puts us in a hole. Thats probably part of the reason Cosart had so much success," Price said. "I gave him two runs before he made a pitch, and I know the difference in having runs, especially if you can get them in the first before you go out there." NOTES: With the All-Star break beginning Monday, Cosart will return to Triple-A Oklahoma City "so he can stay in turn and then hopefully rejoin" the Astros at some point this year," Porter said. ... Astros OF Justin Maxwell, on the seven-day concussion disabled list, will be activated on Saturday to replace Cosart on the roster. ... Before this week, only two pitchers had made their big league debuts against a reigning Cy Young Award winner since 2000 -- Edwin Jackson for the Dodgers against Randy Johnson in 2003, and John Danks for the White Sox against Johan Santana in 2007. ... The Rays went 24-20 while Price was on the DL. They are 10-2 since his return. ... After Tampa Bay pitchers struck out 32 in the final two games of a four-game sweep on Minnesota, Price fanned three on Friday. The franchise record for a three-game span is 42. Discount Air Jordan Ireland . -- Jacksonville wide receiver Cecil Shorts will likely be a game-time decision whether hell play Sunday in the Jaguars home game against the San Diego Chargers. Air Jordan Ireland .com) - Following a late-game loss to the reigning NBA champs, the Toronto Raptors will look to sustain their recent high-level play as they travel to Indiana to take on the Pacers. http://www.cheapirelandairjordan.com/ . -- Its been a long road back for Sean Bergenheim. Air Jordan Ireland Outlet . "I dont know that were close," said general manager Alex Anthopoulos. "I just think, right now, the acquisition cost just doesnt work for us right now. I dont know if I can quantify how far off or things like that that they might be but I would say we continue to have dialogue. Discount Air Jordan Ireland Online . Still, Brewers manager Ron Roenicke thought taking him out before the fifth inning was an unusual move. "Im looking up at the board and hes got two hits given up and one run, and Im taking him out after the fourth inning," Roenicke said. One of the more stunning outcomes of the 2015 season occurred when Boise State hosted New Mexico.The Lobos were 30.5-point underdogs and were expected to be another easy home victory for the Broncos. However, New Mexico walked on to the blue turf in Boise, played the better game, and departed with a surprising 31-24 victory.Nobody within the Boise State program has forgotten that stunning defeat or the aftermath. The No. 19 Broncos will try to avenge the astonishing loss when they visit the Lobos on Friday night in Albuquerque, N.M. (9 p.m. ET, CBS Sports Network).Last years surprise victory was New Mexicos only win over the Broncos in seven meetings. The victory -- considered perhaps the biggest in school history -- was savored by the Lobos, as nearly all of the players returned to snap photos on the field with the New Mexico state flag to commemorate the achievement.Turned out it was Lobos coach Bob Davie who called for the impromptu photo session. So naturally, the players were only too happy to oblige.Boise is always the top of the Mountain West and always the team to beat, New Mexico senior middle linebacker Dakota Cox said at the Mountain West media day. It was huge for our program to get that win.We all got really excited, and we wanted to take a picture to mark (what) weve been working for and to finally cross over that plateau where were not that little brother that can be pushed around in games and were actually going to win those games now.Boise State coach Bryan Harsin acknowledged that his squad hasnt forgotten what occurred.As far as the picture goes, we dont control what they do or the decisions they make, Harsin said. It was up to them to do that.Its certainly been seen. ... Were not talking about revenge. We just have to go out there and do our jobs and execute. Thats really what it is.The Lobos (2-2, 1-0) will again be facing a tall task as they try to make it two straight upsets of the Broncos (4-0, 1-0).Boise State has defeated two Pac-12 teams, Washington State and Oregon State, and is one of two teams nationally that has yet to trail this season -- No. 10 Miami is the other -- but also feels it hasnt come close to reaching top form.The Broncos defeated Utah State 21-10 last Saturday as their stellar defense outperformed their more-publicized offense.Were still not there yet. We have a long way to go to where we are clicking, said sophomore quarterback Brett Rypien, who has passed for 1,024 yards and sixx touchdowns.ddddddddddddI dont feel like were there yet, but I definitely see improvement. We have a lot of different pieces that we can use moving forward.Rypien isnt the only flashy component of the Boise State offense, as junior Jeremy McNichols has become one of the most versatile running backs in the West.McNichols has rushed for 504 yards and seven touchdowns this season, and he has three scoring receptions among 16 catches. He has 10 career 100-yard rushing games, including a 128-yard effort against New Mexico last season.The Broncos also feature senior receiver Thomas Sperbeck, who set single-game school records of 20 receptions and 281 receiving yards in the loss to the Lobos.On defense, Boise State is allowing just 72.0 yards per game on the ground, which ranks third in the nation. Its a figure that will be tested by New Mexicos run-based attack.Harsin sees that as a crucial element in his teams success.I know my background is offense, but Im all about the defense, Harsin said. If youre going to be a successful football team, you play very good defense.Sophomore nose tackle David Moa (5 1/2 sacks) and senior defensive end Sam McCaskill (4 1/2) have combined for more than half of Boise States 17 sacks. Senior weak-side linebacker Ben Weaver has a team-best 37 tackles.The Broncos will be without senior cornerback Jonathan Moxey for the first half. Moxey was suspended for the half after being ejected for targeting during the second half against Utah State.New Mexico is averaging 347.0 yards per game on the ground -- which ranks fourth nationally -- while averaging 38.8 points per game.Senior tailback Teriyon Gipson has 399 rushing yards and five touchdowns to go with a spectacular 12.9-yard average per carry. Sophomore running back Tyrone Owens has rushed for 308 yards, and junior reserve Richard McQuarley has 202 yards and a team-best seven rushing touchdowns.Cox (21 tackles) is the leader of the defense, but senior defensive end Garrett Hughes is enjoying the biggest season with four sacks.The Lobos are allowing 32.8 points per game, and Davie is concerned about the unit after a poor performance last Saturday in a 48-41 win over San Jose State.I just thought wed be playing at a higher level right now defensively, Davie said. I know we all feel that way across the board in this building. ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz