Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 40 mal aufgerufen
 Forenspiele
x123 Offline

ChAôt

16.05.2019 12:28
anor on and off the field throughout his five seasons in the NFL, and some have pointed to Newtons race as part of the reason he Antworten

Under new coach Dan Hawkins, the Montreal Alouettes are hoping to quickly form an identity. "It better not take very long," Hawkins said following their final practice before their regular season opener. "I think were getting there, were very close, you need those seminal moments that happen during games." With Marc Trestman, the teams mandate was simple: work hard, respect your opponent and maintain composure and discipline on the football field. Various team mantras were apparent during his tenure, including the popular "win the day." The team often took on the demeanor of their head coach on and off the field. "You know it took a little while to get used to him, just like it will take a little while for us to adjust to Hawkins," said defensive lineman John Bowman who enters his eighth season with the team. "Not to say it in a bad light, its just that trust isnt built overnight, we got to build our way to trust." Hawkins is clearly very different than the reserved and soft-spoken Trestman. General manager Jim Popp went outside the box and picked a coach whos loud, boisterous and provides sound bites by the dozen. The team will likely follow suit and the Alouettes that people have come to know, could have a much different feel to them. "Its been a work in progress," Popp said. "Each day is a new experience so whatever mistakes he makes, hell question and improve on them daily." Hitting the ground running will be key, but there will be some growing pains along the way with the offense. Quarterback Anthony Calvillo will be working with a limited playbook for the first couple games trying to learn a new system in a short amount of time. "Whats great is they havent overloaded us," Calvillo said. "They have a great amount of plays that weve really focused on and were trying to move forward from there." The offense will start the season without their top to running backs Brandon Whitaker and Jerome Messam while Chris Jennings will have the opportunity to show if what he did in a small sample size of seven games, specifically a standout game in Edmonton where he had 124 total yards, can be sustained for an entire season. Calvillo will be working with arguable the best wide receiving core in the league as Arland Bruce gets added to a mix that already includes Jamel Richardson, S.J. Green and Brandon London. There is a lot of information to digest for both the coaching staff and players early in the year, but the good news for the Alouettes is that they have a favorable schedule to start the season. "The first game is always tough, you dont know what the true personnel is going to be, the schemes, what theyre going to come out with," said offensive lineman Josh Bourke. "All we got to do is follow our rules and well be okay." Cheap Air Max China . Goals from Jerome Boateng, Franck Ribery and Thomas Mueller extended Bayerns unbeaten run to a record 37 matches. "This record is incredible," Bayern coach Pep Guardiola said. Wholesale Air Max . But when it comes to determining if Raymond will find a place on the Leafs roster when training camp concludes in a week, well, that decision will ultimately fall to the head coach. http://www.airmaxcheaponline.com/ . A forerunning sled crashed into the worker Thursday at the Sanki Sliding Center. The unidentified worker broke both legs and was airlifted to a nearby hospital. Cheap Nike Air Max Shoes Paypal . It might not have mattered. While the Dodgers are preparing for the playoffs, the Padres showed their future has promise behind two rookies. Cheap Air Max Shoes . In what the team had called a retirement, Ryan said Thursday that he is resigning as chief executive of the Rangers in a move effective at the end of this month. In a wide-ranging interview with GQ, Carolina Panthers quarterback Cam Newton told the magazine he doesnt think he is subjected to extra scrutiny because he is black.Its not racism, Newton told GQ. Everybodys entitled to their own opinion.Newton has been critiqued for his playing style and demeanor on and off the field throughout his five seasons in the NFL, and some have pointed to Newtons race as part of the reason he receives such criticism.The quarterback, however, dismissed that idea to GQ.I dont want this to be about race, because its not. Its not, Newton said. Like, were beyond that. As a nation.Before Super Bowl 50, Newton created headlines when he described himself as an African-American quarterback that may scare a lot of people because they havent seen nothing they can compare me to. He later eased off those comments in the run-up to his first Super Bowl appearance, when he became the sixth black quarterback to start the NFLs title game.I dont even want to touch the topic of black quarterback, because I think this game is bigger than black, white or green, Newton said in February before the game. I think we limit ourselves when we just label ourselves just black, this, that and the third. I wanted to bring awareness because of that, but yet I dont think I should be labeled just a black quarterback, because its bigger things in this sport that need to be accommplished.ddddddddddddsked by GQ about other hot-button national issues, Newton said he doesnt have an opinion on Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump and wouldnt say whether he voted for North Carolina Gov. Pat McCrory.I love people too much to care about those type of things, Newton told GQ.McCrorys controversial House Bill 2, which eliminated antidiscrimination protections for lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender people, has brought scrutiny to North Carolina and led to the NBA removing the 2017 All-Star Game from Charlotte, the city where Newton leads the defending NFC champion Panthers.Newton said he would rather let people develop their own opinions rather than advocate for his positions.Ill let you be the judge. I dont look at it like that, he told GQ. I look at it like some people have certain beliefs, and I have my own belief, and we can agree to disagree on certain things. But this is what makes sports so amazing, that we can start a discussion around a table, in the newspaper, in the magazines, that will get peoples attention. And thats what sports does.Newton also said he would let his son, Chosen, who was born in December, play football when he grows up.GQ released its September cover story featuring Newton on Monday. ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz