Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 31 mal aufgerufen
 Forenspiele
t123 Offline

ChAôt

16.05.2019 07:49
out while he recovers from a broken thumb.In addition, top defenseman Kris Letang (upper body) and winger Conor Sheary (eye) ar Antworten

HOUSTON -- By the time D.J. Reader was 10 years old, he already had the body type he has today. And, he realized that if he kept playing football, his place would be on the defensive line.It was then that Reader discovered a rookie nose tackle playing for the New England Patriots: Vince Wilfork .Reader was drafted by the Houston Texans 12 years later and was thrilled at the opportunity to learn from the man who he began watching all those years ago.He was the best nose tackle in the league, Reader said. I was kind of chunky when I was a kid, so I knew I was going to be playing the D-line somewhere, so I just watched the best. Watched him all the time.Wilfork, now 35 and in his 13th NFL season, shook his head and laughed when told that Reader had been a fan of his since he was a child. The veteran said Reader never acted star-struck around him despite looking up to him for years before the pair met.No, he hasnt. He kept that to himself, Wilfork said. (Man) that makes me sound old ... (but) its a mutual respect. Its good to feel like that. Its even better to give knowledge to the younger players, especially somebody thats in my position that I can actually really mentor because Ive played it. Ive done it.This season, Reader has blossomed under the tutelage of Wilfork and defensive coordinator Romeo Crennel. His natural talent was clear when the Texans selected him in the fifth round of this years draft after a career at Clemson where he played in 46 games and had 145 career tackles. But it was also evident that the 6-foot-3, 335-pound Reader had a lot to learn when he first arrived in Houston.These young guys when they come in, they dont understand how the game is played or how to play the game, Crennel said. I think over this season, hes learned his abilities and how he can use his abilities in the game. I think hes playing better as a result of it. Hes understanding the fits, what he can get done, when to come off the block and those kind of things. Hes better as a result of it.After studying Wilfork for so long from afar, Reader wanted to make sure to take advantage of the chance to work with him.The two became close quickly and spend hours together, not only at the stadium, but also in their free time.Its the best. Its like having an older brother who just knows everything, Reader said. He knows whats coming. When Im out there on the field with him its just so much fun because he loves the game and is passionate about it. I like being with him. Hes a great mentor, a family man so a lot of good examples come out of him.Reader had been learning from Wilfork all season and had started seeing steady playing time when Wilfork was injured and forced to sit out in a game against the Jaguars on Nov. 13. It was then that Reader started in Wilforks place. But instead of being nervous, Reader was determined to show his mentor that all his teaching had paid off.I was trying to do my best to step in and make him proud and do my job, Reader said.And when Reader got his first career sack by taking down Blake Bortles for an 8-yard loss in the third quarter, he couldnt have been happier about what happened next.Vince was there, first one to congratulate me when I got my first sack, Reader said beaming.While the Texans are impressed with how far Reader has come since they drafted him, everyone is eager to see how much better he can get if he keeps working as hard as he has so far.I want him to understand how good he can be because he can be a great football player and I think he will because he has the right mindset and he understands things and how things work, Wilfork said. Hes a great professional, a great teammate. Anything the coaches ask of him, he doesnt hesitate.Hes always trying to help the team, so I think he will be a good one in this league.---For more NFL coverage: http://www.pro32.ap.org and http://www.twitter.com/AP-NFL Yeezys Canada . LOUIS -- Theres no telling how these wacky World Series games will end. Cheap Yeezy Canada Free Shipping . Coach Tom Thibodeau says the former MVP will probably start travelling with the team in the next few weeks. Rose tore the meniscus in his right knee at Portland in November and was ruled out for the remainder of the season by the Bulls. http://www.clearanceyeezycanada.com/ . The move comes after the Canadiens were approached by the Buffalo Sabres for permission to speak to Dudley - a former Sabres player and head coach. "The Sabres called for permission and I appreciate that, Im flattered, Dudley told TSN Hockey Insider Pierre LeBrun of ESPN. Wholesale Adidas Yeezy Canada . Mats Zuccarello and Derek Stepan scored shootout goals, and backup goalie Cam Talbot earned his second win in two nights as the Rangers shook off a late tying tally and beat the Maple Leafs 2-1 Monday night. Cheap Adidas Canada . Sulaiman, 44, was chosen unanimously Tuesday in a vote by the leadership, the World Boxing Council said. Sulaiman becomes the sixth president of the organization. CRANBERRY, Pa. -- Motivation abounds for the Pittsburgh Penguins and San Jose Sharks, who will renew acquaintances on Thursday at PPG Paints Arena.Most obviously, its the first meeting between the clubs since they squared off in the Stanley Cup final last spring.That might be a bigger deal for San Jose, which lost in six games as the Penguins clinched the title and skated around with the Stanley Cup on the Sharks home ice.Obviously, it doesnt feel good when you lose to a team in the final, so you take a little pride in wanting to beat them, and you definitely get a little more hyped up for those kinds of games, San Jose center Chris Tierney told the San Jose Mercury News.The Sharks are 3-1 following a 3-2 win Tuesday against the New York Islanders.The defending champion Penguins already have the bragging rights, but they are looking at this as a big game in part on what has happened much more recently.After winning their first two games, the Penguins (2-1-1) have lost two in a row -- including a 4-0 defeat at Montreal on Tuesday that left them largely dissatisfied with their effort and discipline.That puts a bit different spin on the rematch with the Sharks.Theyre well aware of how good San Jose is and what the challenge is going to be, Pittsburgh coach Mike Sullivan said of his players. The one thing about this league is there are no easy games. Youve got to bring your A-game each and every night to give yourself a chance.But certainly, coming off the type of game we had (Tuesday) night and moving forward, there should be plenty of motivation for us to make sure that we respond the right way.That doesnt mean the Sharks come in as a faceless opponent.I think itll be ramped up a little bit, Penguins winger Bryan Rust said. Theyre going to have a chip on their shoulder. And we obviously didnt play great (Tuesday), so were going to have a littlle chip on our shoulder.dddddddddddd I think its going to be a good, physical, playoff-like atmosphere.San Jose coach Pete DeBoer is interested in seeing what the atmosphere will be.I dont know what the emotions will be until I get there, he told the San Jose Mercury News. Its tough to go on that long of a journey and then lose the way we did. I dont think there was any doubt that they deserved to win. But at the same time, for us, its a chance to ... make a statement that we are a different team this year.Pittsburgh returned its team almost completely intact, but there will be at least a couple of missing parts Thursday. Conn Smythe Trophy winner Sidney Crosby has yet to play this season because of a concussion and goaltender Matt Murray is out while he recovers from a broken thumb.In addition, top defenseman Kris Letang (upper body) and winger Conor Sheary (eye) are day to day after leaving Tuesdays game.San Jose was the bigger, more physical club in the final. It added a couple of players during the offseason in forward Mikkel Boedker and defenseman David Schlemko that appeared to be a direct attempt to add the kind of speed that Pittsburgh used to its advantage last spring.The teams meet twice this season, with the second game coming Nov. 5 in San Jose. It just happens that this first rematch comes in the early days of the season.Now that its here, itll be good. Itll be fun, Sharks captain Joe Pavelski told the Mercury News. We would have liked a better result the last time we played that team, but its two points. Its a new year. Its important that we keep building our game and keep trying to get better. (Were) a long ways from getting back to that position, and this is another good team that well be playing. ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz