Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 32 mal aufgerufen
 Forenspiele
jj009 Offline

ChAôt

11.05.2019 03:23
lif. -- Hisashi Iwakumas 15th win did much more than end his four-game losing streak that dated to mid-August.It also gave Seatt Antworten

The list reads like a Whos Who among the worlds best sprinters: Jamaican Asafa Powell, the former world-record holder at 100 metres. American champion Tyson Gay, who went out of his way to promote himself as an anti-drug athlete. Jamaican Sherone Simpson, who has a gold and two silver Olympic medals to her credit. Word came Sunday that all three had failed drug tests. "A sad day," one former track official called it -- and certainly a day that punctured the myth that the oft-troubled sport has cleaned up its act. "I am not now -- nor have I ever been -- a cheat," Powell said in a message released through his Twitter account. The 30-year-old Powell, whose 100-meter record of 9.74 stood until Usain Bolt beat it in 2008, was calling for an investigation as to how a stimulant called oxilofrine entered his system and caused a positive test at Jamaicas national championships in June. Simpson, who tested positive for the same stimulant, said she "would not intentionally take an illegal substance of any form into my system." Gay, the American-record holder in the 100, was more contrite, though he wasnt taking full responsibility. "I dont have a sabotage story. I dont have any lies. I dont have anything to say to make this seem like it was a mistake or it was on USADAs hands, someone playing games," said Gay, who fought back sobs in a telephone interview. "I dont have any of those stories. I basically put my trust in someone and I was let down." Gay, who won the 100 and 200 metres at U.S. nationals last month, said he would pull out of the world championships. The 30-year-old, who won the world championship in the 100, 200 and 4x100 relay in 2007, took part in the U.S. Anti-Doping Agencys "My Victory" program -- in which athletes volunteer for enhanced testing to prove theyre clean -- and his results never raised red flags. Until, that is, an out-of-competition test May 16, where results came back positive for a banned substance, the identity of which neither he nor USADA CEO Travis Tygart would reveal. Gay said his "B" sample will be tested soon, possibly as early as this week. Generally, first-time offenders are hit with two-year bans, though reduced penalties are sometimes given if there are extenuating circumstances, which both Gay and his coach, Lance Brauman, said there were. "He mentioned that he (trusted) someone and that person was untrustworthy at the end the day," Brauman told The Associated Press in a phone interview. "Maybe Im naive, but I believe him." Max Siegel, the CEO of USA Track and Field, said in a statement: "It is not the news anyone wanted to hear, at any time, about any athlete." He said he looked to USADA to handle the case "appropriately." Siegels predecessor at USATF, Doug Logan, called it "a sad day." "But I dont see anything on the horizon that says this will be abated in any way," Logan told AP. The former CEO recently wrote a column arguing the fight against performance-enhancing drugs in sports should be ceded because, in his view, anti-doping rules make very little headway against a problem that never seems to disappear. He said he wasnt surprised when he heard about Sundays onslaught of failed tests and didnt put much credence into the excuses and apologies from those who came up positive. "Over the course of time, culture has bred certain defences," Logan said. "The reality is, people are using substances to reengineer their bodies or heal better. Thats reality." Four-time Olympic medallist and sprint analyst Ato Boldon also called it a "difficult day because track and field fans are left not knowing what to believe." "Everyone has that favourite, that one guy, Hey, this is the guy Ive always been a supporter of his," Boldon said. "Asafa and Tyson are certainly two people who a lot of track fans have loved and admired for a long time. Unfortunately, they failed drug tests." While Gays case gets sorted out on U.S. turf, the positives recorded by Powell and Simpson are part of a bigger doping crisis hitting Jamaica, the home of Bolt and the country that has won 28 medals over the last three Olympics. In Sundays editions, The Gleaner newspaper of Jamaica reported that five athletes had tested positive. Paul Doyle, the agent who represents Powell and Simpson, confirmed to the AP that his sprinters were among them. Shortly after Doyles confirmation, Powell and Simpson each released statements acknowledging the positive tests. The news stirred up angst on the island, where success on the track is a point of pride but the rigour of the countrys anti-doping program is under constant scrutiny. "This does not auger well for track and field globally," said Rashalee Mitchell, a 29-year-old assistant social sciences lecturer at Jamaicas campus of the University of the West Indies. "It is fast serving to taint ... our proud and long-standing reputation of producing strong, excellent, raw, homegrown talent that has excelled on the world stage without any drug-related enhancement." The news came a month after another Jamaican Olympic gold medallist , Veronica Campbell-Brown, tested positive for a banned diuretic. Campbell-Brown is being suspended while a disciplinary panel reviews her case. Tracks governing body said the case appeared to involve a "lesser" offence, which could mean a reduced sentence for the 200-meter champion at the 2004 and 2008 Olympics. Shortly after news of Campbell-Browns positives, her agent, Claude Bryan, said his client is not a cheat and she does not accept "guilt of wilfully taking a banned substance." The known banned substances in these cases, a diuretic and a stimulant, dont resemble the steroids and designer drugs that took down some of the worlds top athletes -- Marion Jones, Tim Montgomery, Ben Johnson, to name a few -- over the past years and decades. But many of the denials and claims of extenuating circumstances in the current cases carry a whiff of familiarity. And once again, track is in the news for the wrong reasons, falling short of promises the sports leaders make about cleaning things up every time the next cycle of doping stories hit. "This result has left me completely devastated in many respects," said Powell, who didnt qualify for individual spots at worlds but could still make Jamaicas relay team if his positive test doesnt net a suspension. "I am reeling from this genuinely surprising result. I am confident, however, that I will come out stronger and wiser and better prepared to deal with the many twists and turns of being a professional athlete." Balenciaga Shoes Canada Sale . Once again Jordan Cieciwa (@FitCityJordan) and I (@LynchOnSports) go head to head in our picks. Last weekend at UFC Fight Night 32 my #TeamLynch got the best of #TeamJC by a score of 9-6. Let us know which side youre on for UFC 167 use the hashtag #TeamLynch or #TeamJC on Twitter. Balenciaga Discount Outlet . - Goaltender Philippe Desrosiers of the Rimouski Oceanic has broken a shutout record that was only three months old in the Quebec Major Junior Hockey League. http://www.discountbalenciagacanada.com/ . Emery skated the length of the ice and fought an unwilling Holtby during the third period of the Flyers 7-0 loss Friday night in Philadelphia. He was given 29 penalty minutes, including a game misconduct. But Emery did not face even a disciplinary hearing with NHL senior vice president of player safety Brendan Shanahan because rules 46. Discount Balenciaga Canada . -- Charlie Graham stopped 67 shots as the Belleville Bulls edged the visiting Guelph Storm 6-5 on Saturday in Ontario Hockey League action. Balenciaga Wholesale Shoes . The Dane followed up his first European Tour title last weekend with eight birdies and just a single dropped shot on Thursday for a one-stroke advantage over South Africas Allan Versfeld and Portugals Ricardo Santos. OAKLAND, Calif. -- Hisashi Iwakumas 15th win did much more than end his four-game losing streak that dated to mid-August.It also gave Seattle a much-needed lift to start its final West Coast road trip. More importantly, it helped keep the Mariners postseason hopes alive and inched manager Scott Servais team closer to the second AL wild card spot.Iwakuma pitched into the seventh inning to match his career high with the 15 wins, and the Mariners beat the Oakland Athletics 3-2 on Friday night.We all fight and play to play in the playoffs, Iwakuma said through an interpreter. As a starter I only pitch one game every five days so being that day today you want to go out and give it all you got. I was able to do that tonight.Nori Aoki and Mike Zunino homered and Nelson Cruz added an RBI double to help the Mariners move within 3 1/2 games of Baltimore and Detroit for the second wild card spot in the AL.Iwakuma (15-11) allowed two runs over 6 2/3 innings to snap a four-game losing streak and become the third Japanese-born pitcher to have multiple 15-win seasons. Iwakuma, who also had 15 wins in 2014, struck out five and walked one.From the first inning he had all of his pitches working, Servais said. We got off to a pretty quick start and we kind of faded offensively so we certainly needed the pitching tonight. Everybody stepped up. It was nice to see.Aoki homered leading off the third, Zunino in the seventh.Oaklands Bruce Maxwell had three hits including an RBI double while rookie Joey Wendle singled twice. The loss eliminates the As (60-80) from playoff contention, the earliest thats happened since 1997.Its also the third time this season that Oakland has lost to Iwakuma.Just when you feel like you have a beat on him . he makes big pitches when he has to, As manager Bob Melvin said. He hasnt been perfect against us. Hes (allowed) a couple of runs, they score more than that and he ends up winning.Robinson Cano drew a two-out walk in the first and scored on Cruzs double following a 13-pitch at-bat with As starter Daniel Mengden. Cruz fell behind 0-2, worked the count full and fouled off six coonsecutive pitches before doubling off the wall in right-center.ddddddddddddAoki hit his second home run of the season and first since May 28 on Mengdens first pitch in the third.Zunino homered off Daniel Coulombe leading off the seventh.The As scored in the fifth on Wendles RBI single then pulled within 3-2 when Maxwell doubled in Max Muncy in the seventh to chase Iwakuma.Dan Altavilla and Steve Cishek combined to retire four batters for Seattle. Edwin Diaz pitched the ninth for his 14th save.Mengden (1-7) got better as the game progressed but still lost and is winless since June 27. Mengden allowed two runs over five innings, walked two and struck out sixRARE COMPANYIwakuma joins Hideo Nomo and Daisuke Matsuzaka as the only Japanese-born pitchers with multiple 15-win seasons. Nomo won 16 games three times for the Los Angeles Dodgers while Matsuzaka won 15 in 2007 and 18 in 2008, both times with Boston. Overall I had good life on my fastball, Iwakuma said. I was able to locate both my fastball and my breaking pitches so I think that helped me a lot.INTO THE BOOKSZunino became the ninth Mariner to reach double digits in home runs this season, tying a club record. Seattle had done it four times previously, most recently in 2015.TRAINERS ROOMAthletics: Francisco Rodriguez underwent shoulder surgery earlier Friday and will be sidelined for at least four months. Rodriguez had a 3.74 ERA in 34 games as a reliever for Oakland this season. ... LHP Sean Manaea, out since Aug. 29 with a back strain, will throw an extended bullpen Saturday before the team decides when hell start again.UP NEXTMariners: RHP Felix Hernandez (10-5) starts against the As on Saturday looking to continue his recent streak of strong outings since coming off the DL. Hernandez is 6-1 over his last 10 starts.Athletics: RHP Kendall Graveman (10-9) goes for Oakland seeking his first win in three starts against Seattle this season. Graveman has a 2.64 ERA at home that is the third-lowest in the AL. ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz