Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 42 mal aufgerufen
 Forenspiele
jj009 Offline

ChAôt

10.05.2019 06:44
ls, including 1-0 at the French. She owns 51 titles overall on the WTA, including five in six finals this year. Sharapova will a Antworten

Paris, France (Sports Network) - Saturdays marquee womens French Open final will pit world No. 1 Serena Williams against second-seeded and defending champion Maria Sharapova. Thursdays semifinals saw Williams dismantle helpless fifth-seeded 2012 Roland Garros runner-up Sara Errani 6-0, 6-1 in a mere 46 minutes and Sharapova improve to 13-0 over the last two years at this Parisian major by outdueling Australian Open titlist Victoria Azarenka 6-1, 2-6, 6-4 on the famed red clay in the French capital. The determined Williams embarrassed Errani by striking 38 more winners (40-2) in one of the most lopsided semifinals in recent memory. "If I play my best its difficult to beat me," Williams said. Williams is now a perfect 6-0 lifetime against Errani, which includes semifinal wins at the U.S. Open last year and Madrid last month. "She played unbelievable," Errani said. "When she play like this is for me is difficult to play. Shes very strong, so [theres] nothing to do." The overmatched Errani is now 1-29 lifetime against top-five competition, with the win coming against fourth-ranked Agnieszka Radwanska on Tuesday. The 31-year-old Williams, whose lone French Open title came in 2002, was appearing in her first French semifinal since 2003. She was also the first American woman to reach the French semis since Jennifer Capriati in 2004 and is the first American woman to reach the French final since Williams herself turned the trick 11 years ago. Williams is a 15-time Grand Slam singles titlist who is currently riding a career-best 30-match winning streak and is a perfect 22-0 on clay this year. Shes also 73-3 overall since a stunning first-round loss to Frances Virginie Razzano in last years French Open, including titles at Wimbledon, the U.S. Open and the Olympic Games. Meanwhile, the second-seeded Russian superstar Sharapova held off her third- seeded fellow former world No. 1 Azarenka in the first womens semi. In a match that featured the first rain delay since last Thursday, Sharapova blew away Azarenka in a lopsided first set, as the Belarusian opened the bout with a break of serve before the Russian embarked on a six-game winning streak to claim the stanza. The second set was then all Azarenka before rain forced the players off the court for a short time. When the women returned for the deciding third, Sharapova charged out to a 5-2 lead and was able to hold on from there. Sharapova broke for a 3-2 edge in the third and consolidated the break with a hold in a very loud battle between two of the games most notorious grunters. The 6-foot-2 Sharapova broke again for the 5-2 advantage before Azarenka fought back with a break and a hold to pull within 4-5. Sharapova blew four match points in the eighth game of the stanza, but converted on a fifth in the 10th game by finally closing out Azarenka with a resounding ace. The match was completed in 2 hours, 10 minutes, as Sharapova swatted 12 aces while also piling up 11 double faults, including four in one game on Day 12 of the fortnight. The Russian tallied 27 more winners (42-15) than Azarenka in advancing, but also misfired for 17 more unforced errors (39-22). "I have never really thought about going out on the court and just trying to be consistent, not playing my game and just getting the ball back," Sharapova said. "That hasnt really ever been my philosophy, because the way that I win matches is by being aggressive, by moving my power, by looking to move forward and playing that aggressive game." Sharapova is now 43-9 in her career at the French Open, which is best among active women. The career Grand Slam winner improved to 8-8 in her major semifinals, while the reigning two-time Aussie Open champ and 2012 U.S. Open runner-up Azarenka fell to 3-3 in her Grand Slam semis, including her first-ever one at the French on Thursday. "Today Im disappointed about the match and what happened out there, but overall I have to give myself credit for going one step further," Azarenka said. The 26-year-old Sharapova is now 6-7 lifetime against the 23-year-old Azarenka, including 1-2 in Grand Slam meetings and a perfect 3-0 mark on clay. Sharapova reached her eighth career Grand Slam final and is seeking a fifth major championship. Shes trying to become the first womens repeat French Open champ since Justine Henin in 2007. Williams is 15-4 in her career Grand Slam finals, including 1-0 at the French. She owns 51 titles overall on the WTA, including five in six finals this year. Sharapova will appear in her 51st career WTA-level final, seeking a 30th title. Shes 2-2 in her 2013 finals, with the wins coming at Indian Wells and on a clay court in Stuttgart. Williams is a commanding 13-2 lifetime against Sharapova, including 3-0 this year, with wins coming in finals in Miami and Madrid. The American stalwart is 3-1 in their Grand Slam meetings, with the Russians victory coming in the 2004 Wimbledon finale. Williams defeated Sharapova in the 2007 Aussie Open final. The mighty Williams, like Sharapova, is also the owner of a career Grand Slam. Air Max 97 Vapormax Sale . -- Washington Redskins tight end Fred Davis was charged Thursday with driving while intoxicated, a day after he was suspended for an NFL substance-abuse policy violation. Air Max 97 Womens Clearance .com) - Christian Ponder will get another chance to prove himself for the Minnesota Vikings, with head coach Leslie Frazier announcing Wednesday that the struggling quarterback will start this weekends game against the Green Bay Packers. http://www.wholesale95airmax.com/ . Each of Houstons starters scored in double figures as the Rockets improved to 2-0 against the Spurs this season, with both victories coming on the road. They also moved within 3 1/2 games of San Antonio (22-7) for the lead the Southwest Division. Air Max 97 Undefeated Cheap . "Theyve both been real good," said Babcock. "Havent changed our minds." A decision has seemingly been made - Sundays Group B-deciding tilt against Finland ahead - but it could not have been an easy one. Price opened the tournament with a sturdy 19-save performance against the Norwegians, yielding just one goal. Wholesale Air Max 95 Womens . With Parker having a quiet game for once, Nicolas Batum and Boris Diaw provided the scoring as France won its first major basketball title by beating Lithuania 80-66 on Sunday. It was a victory that ended a decade of frustration for Parker and a talented French generation, which lost the final against Spain two years ago and took bronze in 2005.Denver Broncos head coach Gary Kubiak insisted that Peyton Manning has been completely unfazed about the possibility of Super Bowl 50 being his final game before retirement. Legendary quarterback Manning, 39, is reportedly set to call time on a glittering career that has already seen him win one Super Bowl - in which he was also named MVP - and four AFC Championships.But, ahead of the clash in California with the Carolina Panthers, Kubiak says he hasnt even discussed the topic with his star man. Manning (R) with Kubiak in training It really hasnt [come up], said Kubiak. Weve stayed in the moment. Thats what were doing. Peyton is staying in the moment with me in this preparation for this football game. It has all been about each and every day how can we get ready to play Carolina and be the best we can be this week.[Manning] has been great. I think any time you play as long as he has, you really cherish these moments. I think hes really cherishing each meeting, each day with his team-mates.His work has been excellent. Hes feeling the best he has probably felt all year long, other than when we first got started. I see a guy getting ready to be at his best. Thats what we all need to be. Manning will go up against Cam Newton on Sunday, and Kubiak admitted it has been a tough challenge to get ready for. However, the Broncos coach was adamant that its not just the quarterback theyre facing, but what he described as the top team in the NFL this year.ddddddddddddI think [Newton] has continued to be himself, Kubiak said. The football team is a great team. Theyve been very good in all phases. He has gotten his part, a big-time weapon, something different for us to prepare for than what weve been preparing for, but I think the bottom line is theyve been the best football team, the most consistent football team in football this year. Manning will come up against Carolina Panthers quarterback Cam Newton Our challenge with them is their entire team. Theyve been dominant throughout the course of the year. You win 17 games in this league, youre doing a lot of things right so its our biggest challenge, but if you get to this game, it probably is going to be that way. Its a good thing weve had two weeks. Theyre a very different type of offence than what weve faced here recently, so we need the extra time to prepare.Weve got a lot of confidence in our football team, too. I think weve been pretty consistent as a group, and hopefully, weve got one more in us. Also See: Super Bowl 50 countdown LIVE! Ten memorable Super Bowls 10 stars not called Peyton or Cam How to watch Super Bowl 50 ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz