Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 43 mal aufgerufen
 Forenspiele
jj009 Offline

ChAôt

09.05.2019 14:18
ay third base in his final game as a Yankee on Friday in the Bronx.Tuesday, I came into his office, Rodriguez said. He told me w Antworten

BOSTON -- Manager Joe Girardi turned down Alex Rodriguezs request to play third base in his final game as a Yankee on Friday in the Bronx.Tuesday, I came into his office, Rodriguez said. He told me what the plan was and I said, Well, any chance I could play third base on Friday? He just said no.A-Rod started at third base twice last year. He has not played the field at all this season.We thought about it, but he hasnt done any work, Girardi said. We are still in the business of trying to win games.Rodriguez started at DH, going 0-for-4 with an RBI in the eighth inning of a 4-2 win over the?Boston Red Sox?in what was A-Rods final road game with the Yankees.For Friday, the Yankees (58-56, 3.5 games back in the wild card) have pushed back the start time of their game with the Tampa Bay Rays from 7:10 p.m. ET to 7:35 to host a pregame ceremony.Chris Archer will start for the Rays. A-Rod has two hits, both homers, in 15 at-bats against Archer.After Fridays game, Rodriguez, 41, will be released. He has agreed to become a special adviser to team owner Hal Steinbrenner, but he has refused to rule out playing for another team if someone calls.As for not playing third base Friday, which A-Rod first revealed on the Michael Kay Show on 98.7 FM in New York, the slugger took it in stride.It would have just been fun, Rodriguez said. Look, it wasnt a big request. I get that we are playing games. I totally get the answer.This is my last day, I would hope that a couple of balls didnt hit me in the mouth. It was a fun request.Rodriguez tried to play down any dissension.I wouldnt make a big deal about it, Rodriguez said in front of his locker before Thursdays game. They are probably saving me some embarrassment.Rodriguez pinch hit Wednesday, flying out to left in the seventh. He was booed.It was louder than usual, Rodriguez said. One last lick before I go back to Miami.Rodriguez lives in Miami, leading to speculation he could end up with the?Marlins. He said if he ever decides to play for another team, he will first consult with Steinbrenner.When asked directly if he views Friday as his last game as a Yankee or his last game ever, A-Rod was fully clear with his intentions.Im focusing on this is it, Rodriguez said. Im not looking beyond that. I value pinstripes. I value this organization. To me, this is it. Best Price Yeezy Boost 350 . -- Derrick Rose shook off poor shooting early to hit clutch shots late and Carlos Boozer had 20 points and 13 rebounds to lead the Chicago Bulls to a 104-95 preseason victory over the Oklahoma City Thunder on Wednesday night. Yeezy Boost 350 Uk Sale . Hamelin, who triumphed in the 500 on Saturday, edged out Victor An of Russia by 0.021 seconds to maintain his lead in the World Cup standings. Russias Vladimir Grigorev was third. In the relay, Canada took control six laps from the finish line to beat Russia and the Netherlands. http://www.cheapyeezy350uk.com/ . Anthony Davis had 31 points and 17 rebounds in his seventh straight game with more than 20 points, but that was only enough to keep the Pelicans competitive into the final minutes. Andrew Bogut had 10 points and 15 rebounds for Golden State, which rebounded from a loss a night earlier in Oklahoma City and snapped a two-game skid. Cheapest Yeezy Boost 350 . - Connor McDavid scored 53 seconds into overtime as the Erie Otters came from behind to defeat the visiting Guelph Storm 4-3 on Saturday in Ontario Hockey League action. Yeezy Boost 350 Uk Stores . Dukurs winning time was 1 minute, 45.76 seconds, a quarter-second better than Russias Alexander Tretiakov. Lativas Tomass Dukurs was third, 1.41 seconds off the pace. Jon Montgomery of Eckville, Alta. West Indies new T20 captain Carlos Brathwaite said a vote of confidence from his predecessor Darren Sammy and encouragement from the senior players made his transition into the role easier.The WICB named Brathwaite to lead the side against India in two T20 matches in Florida on August 27 and 28. Sammy, who led West Indies to two World T20 titles, had announced the news of his axing as captain through a Facebook post and was later dropped from the squad.He just told me, Congratulations. He heard it before I spoke to him, and he just said, Congratulations, its a big challenge. He gave me his blessing and as a senior guy appreciated it, which allowed me to ease into the role, Brathwaite said at a press conference after the fourth Test against India in Port of Spain. I havent officially started yet, but it has allowed me to transition easier from just being told [about the captaincy] to the excitement of wanting to get on the field and lead. It was a good vote of confidence speaking to Sammy, then I saw him at a charity event, saw some of the senior guys as well, all have been telling me positive things. Brathwaite stressed that members in the West Indies side were mature enough to handle a change in leadership. He added the players enjoyed each others company and, from that point of view, leading the side would be easy.I think a team like this will be pretty easy to lead, from the point of view that the dressing room is a fun place to be. I dont think its a case where I have to negotiate too many egos, he said. The guys enjoy each others company. Its just a matter for me to go there, do the things that I can do, firstly as a player and then a captain, continue to mould the team that Darren has started to mould, efficiently.Again, the most important thing is getting victories for the West Indies. As a new leader, things might change bit by bit. Its just about adjusting and then for me to find ways for the team to continue to win.I dont want to get too deep into the psychology of changing leaders and stuff like that. I think all the guys are mature enough. We have had cases where some of the guys were captains, and then played the next series under a different captain. We are professionals, we all know what we have to go out there and do.Its a matter of, first, to go out there and win games for the West Indies and I hope that my leadership can influence that iin some part.dddddddddddd Even if it doesnt, if we win the games that will be the most important thing.Brathwaite, 28, has only recently found himself settling into West Indies limited-overs sides. One of his best moments came during the World T20 final against England earlier this year. With his team needing 19 runs off the last over, he struck four successive sixes off Ben Stokes to take the side to their second T20 title.Prior to that tournament, however, Brathwaite had played only two T20Is - against South Africa in January 2015 and against Bangladesh in 2011. His place in the Test team, meanwhile, is not settled. He made his debut against Australia during the Boxing Day Test at the MCG last year, but has played only two matches since then. In the series against India, he was picked for the first Test where he scored a duck and an unbeaten 51, but was dropped for the remaining matches.Brathwaite said feedback from the selectors about his exclusion gave him a chance to become a better all-round player.I want to be the best I can be. I want to myself available in all three formats for the West Indies and I obviously dont want to make goals I havent been able to fulfill as yet, he said. Again a bit old, but I dont know if Ill be able to see us back at the top in Test cricket as yet. But just improvement and progression, I think we start to improve and I want to be a bigger part of that improvement and progression as well.Being dropped, I got a clear message from the selectors why I was dropped as well. I was disappointed but its a chance for me now to go forward and get a bit stronger and get a bit better as well and when you get that chance again, whenever it may be, it is up to me to take that chance and become a better player all-round.Brathwaite said that before accepting the captaincy, he had sought clarification from the selectors on their expectations of him.Yes there was hesitation. I wanted to contact my family and my close advisors before I took the job. It is an honour, I would never say I didnt want to take it. But obviously I had some questions that I asked of the selection panel before I took the job. Just basically to clarify why they wanted me, what they expected of me, and coming into the role knowing my job. ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz