Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 35 mal aufgerufen
 Forenspiele
t123 Offline

ChAôt

06.05.2019 08:00
ldnt get it up-and-down there. There was the three-putt on seven and were mistakes you shouldnt make. Thats what cost me.I felt Antworten

MONTREAL, Quebec -- There he was, the next face of the Toronto Maple Leafs, standing and answering questions in the Montreal Canadiens home dressing room underneath the black-and-white photos of Canadiens legends.The photos of Hall of Famers wraps around the Montreal dressing room. Just above Auston Matthews hung pictures of all-timers Henri Richard, Gump Worsley, Yvan Cournoyer and Ken Dryden.Yes, its a little strange that the Maple Leafs No. 1 pick is getting his first major exposure to the NHL world while setting up shop in the heart of the Bell Centre. At one point, he mentioned how excited he was to play in Toronto, the center of the hockey world, to which a Montreal reporter suggested that it might not be wise for him to repeat that too loudly in this town.Yeah, well, I guess you could argue it, he said with a shrug.Its a nontraditional start to an NHL career, but for Matthews, thats just about right. After all, this is the guy who bypassed college and junior hockey to play in Switzerland during his draft year.He isnt afraid of a different path. Nor is he afraid of the path ahead in this tournament.Matthews entered World Cup of Hockey training camp as the 13th forward for Team North America coach Todd McLellan. Chatting last month at his summer home, McLellan shared the Matthews game plan, written in pencil.I think weve got to go with a little bit of the playing experience right off the bat, he said. But Matthews might play in the exhibition games and be lights-out, and maybe hell play.For now, Matthews, 18, is fine with that plan. He knows hell have to earn every minute of playing time, and the reality is that he has very little time to do so. Team North America plays its first of three pre-tournament games on Thursday in Quebec City.But in just two practices, you could see Matthews working his way up the depth chart. On Tuesday, he was taking shifts on a line with Nathan MacKinnon and Ryan Nugent-Hopkins, a trio of No. 1 picks. Matthews was also alternating on the second power-play unit.He earned his way onto the roster by wowing general managers Peter Chiarelli and Stan Bowman during the World Championships, and hell get the opportunity to do the same with this coaching staff.Hes going to experience the worlds best right off the bat, McLellan said after practice Tuesday. Hes played against some very good players at the world junior level -- certainly at the World Championships -- never as concentrated per country as it is right now. Its baptism by fire, but just being around him for two days, hes very capable of handling it.This isnt McLellans first glimpse of Matthews, which helps the cause. McLellans son Tyson is headed to the University of Denver to play hockey. He competed against Matthews for years.McLellan remembers noticing Matthews for the first time in bantam hockey, and even then his skill level stood out.Very talented, McLellan said.The history goes back years. He already knows what Matthews new teammates are starting to realize this week. Hes a high-level talent who made this team because of his ability to make plays every time hes on the ice.Theres a maturity to his game, Team North America defenseman Shayne Gostisbehere?said of his first impression of Matthews. Hes making plays like its nothing out there. Hes so young. I cant imagine at his age what Id be doing out there. Id be scared as hell.Matthews doesnt have time to be scared. If he wants to play in this tournament and have an impact, he has to show it immediately.Im trying to earn as much ice time as I can and build my way up the lineup, Matthews said. Thats just the way it goes. I dont have time.He wasnt originally going to be on this team. Chiarelli made it no secret that he preferred experience when constructing the Team North America roster. But Matthews forced his way on when he was one of the best players on the ice representing Team USA at the World Championships. He might be the extra forward now, but the good bet is that wont last.Matthews is a very professional, driven young man who understands the game at a high, high level with high skill, Team Canada and Maple Leafs coach Mike Babcock said. Hes not going to take a back seat to anybody for very long. Adidas NHL Jerseys Outlet . Miller finished in two minutes, 6.09 seconds, one day before the first medal race on the Alpine schedule. The 36-year-old American also turned in the top time in Thursdays opening training session. Cheap Adidas NHL Jerseys .35 million, one-year contract that avoided salary arbitration. Plouffe batted .254 with 14 home runs and 52 RBIs in 477 at-bats last season, his second as a regular in the lineup. http://www.wholesalejerseysnhl.com/ . The 28-year-old from Calgary matched his career best after missing just one shot in his two rounds of shooting in the mens 10-kilometre sprint competition. Smith finished in 23 minutes 15. Discount Hockey Jerseys . LOUIS -- Roman Polak was celebrating even before Alexander Steen scored the winning goal in Saturdays 4-2 win over the Carolina Hurricanes. Cheap NHL Jerseys Online . "Jeff is a hard worker who was an important special-teams contributor for us last season," said Stamps GM John Hufnagel.Rory McIlroy has vowed to make the Northern Trust Open a regular event on his schedule, despite a disappointing finish to his Riviera debut. The world No 3 was in contention for a first win of the year when he went in to the final round two strokes adrift of eventual winner Bubba Watson, but ended nine strokes off the pace after a final-round 75.McIlroy followed three rounds in the 60s by beginning Sunday with an eagle-three at the first, only to slide down the leaderboard as the day progressed. Although a tie-for-20th is McIlroys lowest worldwide finish since Octobers season-opening Frys.com Open, the Northern Irishman confirmed he enjoyed his first Riviera appearance enough to make a future return. This is definitely going to be a regular for me on the schedule going forward, McIlroy said after his final round. I really enjoyed it so much and there are so many great things to do. McIlroy ended the week nine strokes adrift of Bubba Watson Theres encouraging signs, but I turned a chance to win in to a top-20 at the end of the day so that wasnt too good.Tee-to-green it felt pretty good, but it was one of those days and I couldnt really get anything going after the good start. McIlroy couldnt follow on from an opening-hole eagle A missed par-save from fewer than five feet at the fourth was the first of three bogeys in a four-hole stretch along the front nine, before a hat-trick of blemishes from the 11th ended any hopes.ddddddddddddAfter carding a seventh dropped shot of the round at the short 16th, McIlroy finished a frustrating final round in style by holing his chip from off the 18th green.I let a few shots slip away, McIlroy added. I was 12 under after the first hole and if you play a solid round of golf after that you have a great chance. A bogey at the 11th was the first of four dropped shots along the back nine The three-putt on four, I put it in the bunker on six and really couldnt get it up-and-down there. There was the three-putt on seven and were mistakes you shouldnt make. Thats what cost me.I felt like I played three solid rounds of golf and didnt make many mistakes. I was very solid in that department, but I just couldnt really get anything going.Rory McIlroy is back in action at this weeks Honda Classic, an event you can watch throughout the week live on Sky Sports 4 - your home of golf. Also See: Watson claims Riviera title Patience key for Bubba win WATCH: Rivieras rich history Golf live on Sky Sports 4 ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz