Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 33 mal aufgerufen
 Forenspiele
x123 Offline

ChAôt

28.04.2019 06:43
arlier in the week -- I just shook his hand. I didnt whoo. I couldnt get it out. -- to his pet potbellied pig named Tarance.He d Antworten

OCEANPORT, N.J. -- Leaving Monmouth Park hours after Triple Crown winner American Pharoahs triumphant return to the races in last years Haskell Invitational, track president Bob Kulina already was thinking ahead.The guy who has been around the Jersey shore track since the early 1970s knew nothing could top the spectacle of American Pharoah: 60,000 fans standing and cheering as the champion charged down the stretch in his first race as the first Triple Crown champion in 37 years.Kulina, though, caught some racing luck for Sundays 49th running of the Haskell: Kentucky Derby winner Nyquist vs. Preakness winner Exaggerator, with Pharoah trainer Bob Baffert in the mix with American Freedom.I have to tell the truth, Kulina said this week. A year ago Sunday driving home, if you told me I was looking at this type of race the year after American Pharoahs Triple Crown and Haskell victory, I would have said `Sign me up now.Theres plenty of storylines:- The Nyquist-Exaggerator rivalry resumes. Nyquist won the first four meetings, including the Breeders Cup Juvenile and the Derby. Exaggerator ended the streak -- and any chance for another Triple Crown try -- by handing Nyquist the only loss of his career in the Preakness.- Baffert has won five of the last six Haskells and is seeking a ninth win in Monmouth Parks showcase race.- Its the first time the top three Derby finishers -- Nyquist, Exaggerator and Gun Runner- are running in the Haskell. Its the first time since 2010 that its Derby winner vs. Preakness winner.- On the local front, trainers and brothers-in-law Eddie Plesa Jr. and Jason Servis will saddle long shots Awesome Slew and New Jersey-bred Sunny Ridge. Sunny Ridge is bred and owned by Dennis Drazin, an advisor to the group that operates the track.You couldnt have asked for a better field or a greater race, Kulina said.While anticipation builds for the 1 1/8-mile Haskell, theres another race for 3-year-olds worth noting on Saturday at Saratoga Race Course -- the $600,000 Jim Dandy. The field includes Belmont Stakes winner Creator, along with one-time Derby favorite Mohaymen, who ran fourth and hasnt raced since.Nyquist was made the 6-5 morning-line favorite for the six-horse Haskell, with Exaggerator next at 5-2. The Derby winner leaves from the rail; the Preakness winner from the outside post.This will be Nyquists first race since running third in the Preakness on May 21. He then developed an elevated white blood cell count and was returned to his home base at Santa Anita. Trainer Doug ONeill now says his colt is ready to go again.Hes doing really well. His last few works have been exceptional, ONeill said. Were coming into this race with a lot of optimism. For a six-horse field, its very deep.Nyquist, owned by J. Paul Reddam, is the reigning 2-year-old champion and has eight wins in nine career starts for earnings of $5.1 million.Exaggerator, trained by Keith Desormeaux and ridden by his brother, Kent, finished 11th in the Belmont but appears charged up again for the Haskell.His entry was a surprise since hes been training at Saratoga, with plans calling for him to run in the Jim Dandy, then the Travers on Aug. 27. The Travers could be next for Nyquist, too.Those kinds of things are always fun, Keith Desormeaux said of the rivalry. Nyquist is a top horse and its always fun to outrun top competition.ONeill called it kind of a shock when he found out Exaggerator was Haskell-bound.Hes such a hard-trying horse and a class horse. His move in the Preakness was stunning, ONeill said. Weve faced him a bunch. We respect him a ton.Look for Nyquist, under jockey Mario Gutierrez, to be on or close to the lead. Exaggerator relishes a late charge to the wire, and splashed his way to victory in the Preakness.Baffert comes into the Haskell quietly, unlike last years Pharoah Fest. American Freedom was the 3-1 third choice, coming in with wins in the Sir Barton Stakes and the Iowa Derby. Gun Runner is 4-1, Awesome Slew 15-1 and Sunny Ridge 20-1.Plesa understands what hes facing in sending out long shot Awesome Slew.I feel like David fighting Goliath in this race when you look at these horses, he said.---The field, from the rail out, is Nyquist (Mario Gutierrez, 6-5), Sunny Ridge (Nik Juarez, 20-1), Awesome Slew (Paco Lopez, 15-1), Gun Runner (Florent Geroux, 4-1), American Freedom (Rafael Bejarano, 3-1) and Exaggerator (Kent Desormeaux, 5-2).---Follow Richard Rosenblatt on Twitter at: http://www.twitter.com/rosenblattap---AP freelance writer Mike Farrell contributed to this report. Cheap Balenciaga Shoes UK . The defending champion beat Gael Monfils of France 7-6 (6), 6-3, while second-seeded Andy Murray of Britain dispatched Edouard Roger-Vasselin, also of France, 6-3, 6-3. Making his first appearance since injuring his wrist a month ago, Del Potro had difficulty with his service games in the first set. Cheap Balenciaga Shoes UK For Sale . The 29-year-old Baines has established himself as one of the top attacking full backs in the country and was the subject of two bids from United during the last off-season. Everton manager Roberto Martinez says that keeping Baines at the club is a "massive boost and exciting for the future" because he brings "maturity and football knowledge in a very specialized position on the pitch" and an "infectious and positive influence to the rest of the squad. http://www.clearancebalenciagauk.com/ . Miller finished in two minutes, 6.09 seconds, one day before the first medal race on the Alpine schedule. The 36-year-old American also turned in the top time in Thursdays opening training session. Wholesale Balenciaga Shoes UK . Now, correct me if Im wrong but I saw one official distinctly pointing at the net indicating a good goal but after an inconclusive review they overturned the goal. Shouldnt the ruling on the ice (good goal) stand after an inconclusive review? Why was this overturned? James Veaudry Pembroke, ON -- Hey Kerry, Youll get a lot of these, but why was the Montreal goal against Nashville Saturday night overturned? Eller puts the puck on net and the on ice ruling from the ref behind the net is a Montreal goal. Cheap Shoes UK . McPhee said that Ovechkins father Mikhail is in stable condition after having the surgery this week and is no longer in intensive care. "Weve told him to stay as long as necessary with your dad," he said. Ovechkin and his Russian national team were eliminated from the mens hockey tournament in Sochi on Wednesday with a 3-1 quarter-final loss to Finland. LOS ANGELES -- All it took was three Pac-12 titles in four years for Stanford to finally get the nod in the preseason media poll.It marked a first for the Cardinal in the 56-year history of the poll, having previously never been slotted higher than second in the Pac-12 North in the five seasons since adding divisional play and a title game, a span that coincides with head coach David Shaws tenure.The newfound admiration is taking a little getting used to.It truly shows that you have no idea what you are doing, Shaw jokingly told reporters Friday.It feels strange, defensive lineman Solomon Thomas said. Were thankful for that, but were just going to keep our head down and have that tunnel vision.After years of finding reasons not to vote Stanford in the top spot ranging from the departure of head coach Jim Harbaugh to the exit of quarterback Andrew Luck, the Cardinal seemingly have earned the benefit of the doubt despite losing four-year starting quarterback Kevin Hogan, three dominant offensive linemen and stalwart inside linebacker Blake Martinez. Shaw pointed to the back of the ballroom on the fifth floor of the Hollywood and Highland complex, where running back Christian McCaffrey was holding court, as the reason for that confidence.Its a sign of respect and I think it has a lot to do with the guy in the back left corner of the building there, but once we start practicing and playing games, all of that goes away, Shaw said.McCaffrey was the undisputed star of the otherwise sleepy Pac-12 media days, with last seasons Heisman Trophy runner-up detailing everything from his encounter with pro wrestler Ric Flair at the ESPY Awards earlier in the week -- I just shook his hand. I didnt whoo. I couldnt get it out. -- to his pet potbellied pig named Tarance.He died of obesity, McCaffrey said.McCaffrey shredded Iowa for a Rose Bowl-record 368 all-purpose yards in Stanfords dominating 45-16 win, finishing his sophomore season with 2,019 yards rushing.dddddddddddd Shaw expects opposing defenses to focus on McCaffrey, especially as redshirt senior Ryan Burns or redshirt junior Keller Chryst settles in at quarterback, but believes the presence of other returning skill position players could allow him to surpass his record-setting season.Thats why you have a great team, Shaw said. Having all those guys around him with experience, with playing ability . helps Christian be what Christian can be and maybe make him even more dangerous knowing that he has more dangerous guys around him.And while the Pac-12 negotiated for earlier television broadcast windows to avoid the stretch of late-night games Stanford had to play last season, McCaffrey had no interest in the idea that Heisman voters right actually see him play rather than just looking at highlights and box scores.As far as exposure goes, I could care less, McCaffrey said. Whether I have the greatest season ever and everybody sees it or I have the worst season ever and no one sees it, if Im playing football thatll bring me peace and thats where I am happy.That mentality of never being satisfied has been a constant during Stanfords football renaissance. McCaffrey said the underdog attitude that permeated the locker room and caught his eye as a recruit is still there, even coming off a conference championship and the expectations of winning another.Nothings changed, McCaffrey said.Maintaining such commitment might allow Stanford to avoid continuing the dubious history of the preseason media poll. Only two of the previous nine selections actually won the Pac-12 that season. ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz