Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 32 mal aufgerufen
 Forenspiele
dasg234 Offline

ChAôt

22.04.2019 15:00
se is he going to do? But you know that, behi Antworten

CHICAGO -- Felix Hernandez was so excited to face Chris Sale he loaded up on caffeine before the game and briefly got dizzy.King Felix needed the extra energy to beat the dominant White Sox ace.Sale struck out 14 but got outpitched by Hernandez and the Seattle bullpen, and the Mariners ended a three-game skid Friday night by beating Chicago 3-1.Hernandez (9-4) improved to 5-0 in eight starts since returning from the disabled list, throwing 7 1/3 innings of one-run ball.But he said he was scared as he was attended to before the third inning.Everything went black. I couldnt feel my legs and I was a little dizzy, Hernandez said. I had a few Red Bulls and that was probably what it was.Sale (15-7) gave up five hits and walked none in his fifth complete game of the season. He retired the final 16 batters, striking out 10 of them.I guess it looks good on paper but you want to come out on top in a game like that, no doubt, Sale said.I think we definitely had a good matchup tonight. Its what people came to see and the wrong team came out on top, it depends on who you ask, I guess. Sometimes you run into people like that, he said.Sale struck out six straight in the sixth and seventh innings, one shy of Joe Cowleys team record.Franklin Gutierrez hit a solo home run in the second and Adam Lind added an RBI double off in the fourth off Sale.Thank God we did it early because as everybody saw, when he gets on a roll its like lights out, Mariners manager Scott Servais said of Sale. Hes obviously one of the best pitchers in the league for a reason. We had no chance, really, after the fourth and fifth inning.Todd Fraziers 32nd home run in the seventh was one of eight hits off Hernandez until he left with the bases loaded.Edwin Diaz entered and earned a five-out save by getting some help.Third baseman Shawn OMalley, filling in for the injured Kyle Seager, threw home for a force play on Tim Andersons slow roller before Jose Abreu popped out.Diaz struck out the side in the ninth for his 11th save in as many tries.I got like four days off and I was a starter before, Diaz said of the extra work with Seattles short bullpen. I got the starters mentality sometimes.Hernandez, a six-time All-Star, entered leading the AL in ERA (2.95) since 2012. Sale, a five-time All-Star, was tops in that period in strikeouts (1,065).Sale started for the AL in the All-Star Game this year after Hernandez did in 2015.Gutierrez sent Sales 97 mph fastball into the seats in right-center in the second and the Mariners added another run on a double play in the third.Nelson Cruz singled and scored on Linds double in the fourth.The White Sox hit into two double plays and had two players picked off first, helping to waste Sales big night against Hernandez.You run into a guy like that, hes special Theres no doubt about it, Sale said. I mean, his nicknames the King. That doesnt fall on too many people. You pick yourself up and move on.TRAINERS ROOMMariners: Seager (foot) missed a third straight game, but said he was definitely getting better and was expected back Saturday. Servais said when Seager returns theyll switch out a position player for a 12th pitcher. We do need the extra arm, Servais said. You cant carry what were carrying right now for too many days.White Sox: C Alex Avila (hamstring) was activated off the disabled list as C Dioner Navarro was traded to Toronto. . LF Melky Cabrera (sick) missed a second straight game. It looks like hell be fine for tomorrow, manager Robin Ventura said.WATER BALLOONSThe Mariners conducted a pregame contest where three players used a sling shot to launch a water balloon across the outfield as another player attempted to catch it without it bursting. Its part of the Ms Olympics that includes medals and a victory stand.I thought the emotional outburst from Adam Lind was tremendous, Servais said.UP NEXTChicagos Jose Quintana (10-9), holder of the ALs third-best ERA at 2.84, faces fellow LHP Ariel Miranda (1-0, 5.49) on Saturday night.Old Skool Australia Outlet .Y. -- Canadas Kaillie Humphries and Heather Moyse have another World Cup gold medal after winning the two-women bobsled race on Saturday in Lake Placid, N. Wholesale Old Skool Australia .Y. -- Leading 3-0 with only 11:25 left, the Colorado Avalanche committed a seemingly meaningless penalty to give the New York Islanders a power play. http://www.oldskoolclearanceaustralia.com/ . -- There were a lot of firsts for the Edmonton Oilers on Tuesday night. Cheap Old Skool Australia . Dukurs winning time was 1 minute, 45.76 seconds, a quarter-second better than Russias Alexander Tretiakov. Lativas Tomass Dukurs was third, 1.41 seconds off the pace. Jon Montgomery of Eckville, Alta. Old Skool Australia Sale . Howard Ganz, an MLB lawyer, said in a letter to U.S. District Judge Edgardo Ramos that Rodriguezs claims do not come "remotely close" to what is needed to overturn an arbitration decision in federal court.TORONTO -- Just over a month ago, right here at Air Canada Centre, Toronto Maple Leafs coach Mike Babcock made a comment that now carries prophetic irony.While wearing his Team Canada hat in the midst of another unbeaten run in a best-on-best tournament, Canadas head coach was asked, following a round-robin victory on Sept. 21, about Team North Americas kids getting more love from fans and media than his juggernaut side.I like watching that team because theres tons of skill, Babcock said of the 23-and-under squad. I like winning more, though. I just want to win ...It was telling, perhaps, because 30-odd days later, he has one of the most entertaining, youthful sides in the NHL so far -- but one that has registered just one win in six games despite leading in five of those matches.Even when they found themselves down 5-1 in the third period on Tuesday night to the Stanley Cup contender?Tampa Bay Lightning, the baby-faced Leafs scored twice in the third period to make it interesting before eventually losing 7-3 -- all the while outshooting the Bolts 43-24.Win or lose, these Leafs arent going to be boring this season.Its fun to watch them, Lightning head coach Jon Cooper said a day before his team faced Toronto. I think its ... the new NHL, where teams have gone a bit younger. These guys just possess a ton of skill. Its almost akin to the North America team that I had a pleasure of being a part of [as assistant coach] -- just a lot of young guys who have a lot of skill and have a lot of fun playing the game. You can see it when theyre on the ice.The challenge ahead for Babcock is to groom these kids into a more consistent, polished outfit -- something like the offensively talented Lightning team thats been knocking at the championship door for a few years now.Imagine telling a Leafs fan before the season started that on the morning of Oct. 25, Auston Matthews, 19, would be leading the NHL in scoring, with 10 points (6-4); linemate William Nylander, 20, would be right behind with nine points (4-5); and Mitch Marner, 19, would already look like a polished, two-way NHLer because his overall game was so impressive. And then telling that same Toronto fan that his team was controlling the puck much of the time, too.Yeah, that Leafs fan would have taken it. And imagine that fans surprise when you told him or her that -- despite all that -- the team would have only one win in six games.The crux of the matter, of course, as evidenced by?Toronto newspaper reports?on Wednesday morning, was that offseason goalie acquisition Frederik Andersen has fallen on his face so far during his brief Leafs tenure.After Torontos?Jonathan Bernier?experiment did not work out (although I still believe no goalie would have looked good behind that Leafs roster the last few years), the Leafs went back to Southern California for a second consecutive time in an attempt to fix their goaltending woes. They traded to get Andersen from the?Anaheim Ducks?-- and then signed him to a five-year, $25 million contract thee same day.dddddddddddd.Andersen has given up 22 goals in five games and sports a .851 save percentage. A few of those seven goals he gave up on Tuesday night were as much a result of the brutal defensive coverage -- or lack thereof -- in front of him. But it has still been a disaster of a start to the season for the 27-year-old.Babcock has staunchly defended Anderson publicly -- what else is he going to do? But you know that, behind the scenes, management has to be nervous to some degree, even a grizzled veteran such as GM Lou Lamoriello. Theres a lot riding on this investment in goal.I liked him in Anaheim, said an Eastern Conference goalie coach via text message of Andersen. Was always concerned with his durability. Or his desire to play. Anaheim protected their goalies well. But he still made saves, won the Jennings [Trophy] by a goal and he was excellent in the last game [last season] against the Caps to clinch [the Pacific Division]. Its one thing to not make big saves. Its another to do uncharacteristic things and give up goals a junior could stop.I always say you dont lose your skills overnight, the coach continued. It will turn if [Andersen] has any mental toughness at all.Added a Western Conference goalie coach via text message: What I have seen [with Andersen] is busy feet. When hes not set, he has a tough time. I think he is one of the best. He has struggled, though.And finally, from an NHL scout: He looks really active in the net right now. Hes not allowing the play to come to him.Two things to ponder here with Andersen:1) He was always the 1B guy chasing the 1A guy in Anaheim, pushing Jonas Hiller and then John Gibson. He was the pursuer. Now, for the first time in his career, hes been handed the No. 1 job. Theres a mental adjustment with that.2) The Denmark native comes from a non-hockey market in Anaheim, where he played without too much fanfare, to the NHLs biggest market in Toronto, where the lights are shining bright.I asked Andersen after Tuesday nights game about point No. 2.Definitely an adjustment, he said of his move to hockey-crazed Toronto. But youve just got to keep doing what youre doing, dont try to change too much. I think thats something that Ive got to be better at, just play my game and then the results should come.I think they will come. Andersen showed too much promise in Anaheim not to be that guy again. But this is an awful way to get it going here in Toronto. And its a narrative that wont be easily discarded until Andersen really bears down. Every postgame loss analysis from here on out will begin by examining his performance.In the meantime, the Leafs should have more than one win this season. How that will affect the psyche of a young team remains to be seen.Yeah, its frustrating, for sure, Matthews said. But its a long season. Well stay positive in this room. Theres no doubt in our minds well get out of it. ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz