Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 47 mal aufgerufen
 Forenspiele
dasg234 Offline

ChAôt

21.04.2019 14:01
oing. We have competition across the board Antworten

SEATTLE -- Two teams coming off vastly different Junes met in Houston just before the All-Star break, and nobody should have been too surprised at the Astros sweep of the Seattle Mariners.The Astros had used a hot June (18-9) to get back into the American League West pennant chase, and the once-contending Mariners had fallen on hard times.The question as the two teams prepare to meet again at Safeco Field, beginning Friday night, is whether Houston can maintain its torrid pace and catch the division-leading Texas Rangers -- and if the Mariners will ever get back into contention.Houston (48-41) comes out of the break trailing Texas by 5 1/2 games, but thats a miniscule separation when considering how far the Astros have come.After getting swept by the Rangers in a May 20-22 series, Houston was 8 1/2 back, in third place in the AL West. A week later, Texas took three of four from the Astros and stood 9 1/2 games up at 37-23.Since then, the Astros have posted a 19-8 record and hopped over the scuffling Mariners (45-44) into second place in the standings.Having survived a 7-17 April and the early struggles of ace Dallas Keuchel, the Astros are riding the wave again.I want to win as many games as we can, manager A.J. Hinch told MLB.com after the Astros closed out pre-All-Star break play with a 10-inning victory, and I dont care what order we win them in.The turnaround has coincided with some better outings from Keuchel, who has started to look like the Cy Young contender he was last year in his recent starts. Keuchel won his last start on Sunday but isnt scheduled to pitch against the Mariners this weekend.Fridays starter is listed as Doug Fister, a one-time Mariner who is also coming off one of his better starts of the season. He allowed three hits in eight innings his last time out but suffered the loss, his third in as many starts.Fister went 7-1 with a 2.66 ERA in May and June but is off to an 0-2 start this month.Seattles starter, left-hander James Paxton, has experienced a similar battle with inconsistency. He has a 98 mph fastball and front-of-the-rotation stuff but opened the season at Triple-A and has gone 2/3 with a 3.91 ERA since being promoted.The success of Paxton could be a big factor in how Seattle closes out the season, as the 27-year-old southpaw has helped ease the blow of three injuries to the Mariners starting rotation. Wade Miley is already back, and the Mariners hope to get Taijuan Walker (foot soreness) and Felix Hernandez (strained calf) into the rotation in the next week or two.Hernandez made his first rehab start last weekend and is scheduled to pitch for Triple-A Tacoma on Friday. If all goes well in that start, Seattle could have him back in the rotation as soon as next week.Hernandezs first rehab start, at Class A Everett, didnt go that well. He allowed six hits and three runs in 3 2/3 innings, but he came out of it optimistic.I had some mechanical problems a little bit, Hernandez told MLB.com after the start. I didnt feel comfortable, but it was OK. I wasnt sharp enough. Its been awhile, so thats what we expected.The Mariners have Paxton going Friday, veteran Hisashi Iwakuma scheduled for Saturday and TBA listed for Sunday.The Mariners have struggled against the Astros in recent years, with an 11-18 record since the start of 2015. Houstons Jose Altuve, who hits well against just about everyone, has been a particular challenge, as evidenced by his .417 batting average against Mariners pitching this season.Sneakers Clearance Canada .Y. - New York City has been selected to host the NBA All-Star weekend in 2015, with the game played at Madison Square Garden and the slam dunk contest and other skills events held at the Barclays Center in Brooklyn. Sneakers Canada Cheap . -- Gus Malzahn finally had his day in Fayetteville. http://www.sneakerssalecanada.com/ .com) - Yankee Stadium is the home of the Bronx Bombers, but on Sunday afternoon it will open its gates to host the latest addition of the Hudson River Rivalry. Wholesale Sneakers Canada . President of baseball operations Larry Beinfest was fired Friday after 12 years with the Marlins. The move came as the team neared the end of its third consecutive last-place season in the NL East. Cheap Sneakers Canada Free Shipping . -- Aldon Smith believes he is on the path to being sober for good.NAPA, Calif. -- Raiders defensive back DJ Hayden knows his NFL career might already be at a crossroads after just three seasons.That point was driven home emphatically in the offseason when the team made multiple changes to the secondary, bringing in veteran Sean Smith to pair with David Amerson as the starting cornerbacks.The Raiders also declined to pick up the fifth-year option on Haydens contract, meaning that -- barring a change from Oaklands front office -- the 12th overall pick in the 2013 draft will go into the offseason next year as a free agent.Not that Hayden seems bothered by it one way or the other.The 26-year-old reported to training camp leaner and more muscular as he transitions from playing on the outside to defending the slot receiver.The move has gone smoothly so far, too, as Hayden intercepted a pass from quarterback Matt McGloin and returned it for a touchdown on Saturday then made a nice play to break up a deep throw from Derek Carr on Sunday.I feel like Im more confident, Hayden said Sunday. Its my fourth year, its about time I made some plays. I want to score some touchdowns. Pretty confident I will.Hayden has struggled to live up to expectations after becoming the first first-round pick by Raiders general manager Reggie McKenzie.Hayden came out of college having survived a near-fatal heart injury, was plagued by injuries that limited him to 18 games over his first two seasons and has just three interceptions.Last season, Hayden started 13 games, played in all 16 and had a career-best 70 tackles.Now hes moving inside after spending time there last season as the Raiders nickel back while Smith and Amerson start at cornerback.Inside, you have to kind of come at it at a different approach because (receivers have) got so much field to work with, Hayden said. But its pretty much the same thing. `Thats your guy, cover himm.dddddddddddd I like it, I like it a lot.The Raiders held their first fully padded practice of training camp Sunday and Hayden stood out with his play to break up the pass from Carr.A small step, to be sure, but a signficant one for Hayden.His confidence is really high, Raiders second-year defensive coordinator Ken Norton Jr. He loves what hes doing. We have competition across the board and hes a competitor so hes fitting right in and competing every day.The challenge for Hayden isnt so much about transitioning to a new position. Its in convincing the coaching staff -- and perhaps other teams around the NFL -- that he can play, and play well, no matter where he lines up.We have a lot of film, a lot of evaluating but hes a really good football player and he really wants to be good, Norton said. Theres really nothing stopping him. Hes a guy that we really see as a guy thats really going to excel this year.Hayden has been one of the few constants in a secondary that has undergone sweeping changes almost every year since McKenzie was hired as general manager in 2012. One of the biggest changes this year has been adjusting to the absence of safety Charles Woodson, who retired last year after 17 NFL seasons.You cant replace Charles Woodson, but we can pick up the slack, Hayden said. Were going to have to because hes not here anymore. Its next man up.Game notesKelechi Osemele was held out of practice for undisclosed reasons, but coach Jack Del Rio said he expects the veteran left guard to be back on Monday. ... McGloin and undrafted rookie wide receiver Johnny Holton made the plays of the day when they connected on a pair of long touchdown passes.---AP NFL websites: http://pro32.ap.org and http://twitter.com/AP-NFL ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz