Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 34 mal aufgerufen
 Forenspiele
jokergreen0220 Offline

ChAôt

18.03.2019 07:16
PHOENIX - No, Roger Goodell is not going to give himself a pay cut. [url=http://www.chinajerseyscheap.com/]Stitched Jerseys[/url Antworten

PHOENIX - No, Roger Goodell is not going to give himself a pay cut. Stitched Jerseys . Wont trim even a measly $1 million off his $44 million salary.Not voluntarily, anyway, even after a disastrous year that shook the NFL to its core.Hes also not going to resign and, no, he doesnt expect to be fired.Does that surprise you? he asked the questioner.It didnt, and not much else did Friday as the embattled NFL commissioner put on a show of not being embattled at all at his annual State of the NFL presser.To call this a dog and pony show would be insulting to dogs and ponies everywhere. Nothing about the format was conducive to getting actual answers rather than the talking points the commissioner had long ago committed to memory.A few miles down the road, Tiger Woods was explaining as only he can about how he could shoot 82 on a relatively easy resort course and miss the cut in his first tournament of the year. Goodell took the podium at about the same time to explain why the NFL was going to wait until after the Super Bowl to determine whether the New England Patriots were conspirators in a scheme to deflate footballs.Neither of them were terribly insightful, but at least Woods had an excuse. He had been out playing in the rain for five hours, and was just hoping to get somewhere dry.Goodell, meanwhile, spent the morning working out, presumably while studying the talking points his aides had surely drawn up for any question that might come up. Like Woods, he had an answer for everything, even for the cute little kid who warned his question about league-sponsored exercise would be a tough one.Not for the Teflon Commissioner, it wasnt. Goodell informed the kid that not had he already done Play 60 for the day, but actually did 65 minutes on the elliptical.Goodell was so on point that the only question that seemed to throw him for the slightest moment came from a Las Vegas television reporter who wanted to know about prospects for a team in that gambling city (not good).To be sure, the annual appearance by the commissioner rarely offers much insight into the operations of Americas most popular sports league. The supremely insular NFL prefers it that way, and without follow up questions the questions bounce around from topic to topic with no clear theme.This year, though could have been different. This year should have been different, if only because of two big controversies that cast doubt about fair and just the league really is.Goodell had a chance to go deeper into the deflated ball controversy, and didnt. He could have directly answered why his friend, New England owner Robert Kraft, wants an apology for the way the league has handled it, and didnt.He could have talked more about the whole Ray Rice affair, and didnt.Instead he talked in generalities about winning trust from fans every day and making enormous progress on social issues.The NFL is made up of good and caring people, he assured us at one point.That may be true, but for now were going to have to take Goodells word for it. Were also going to have to believe him when he says that the events have recent months have humbled him.It might be easier, though, if those responses didnt seem as scripted and full of generalities as his thoughts about players safety (hes for it) and earlier kickoff times for games in London - giving the networks yet another 3-hour block of NFL television (terrific).Listen, it has been a tough year, Goodell said. It has been a tough year on me personally. Its been a year of what I would say humility and learning. We obviously as an organization have gone through adversity, but more importantly it has been adversity for me. That is something where, we take that seriously. Its an opportunity for us to get better. So weve all done a lot of soul searching, starting with yours truly. And we have taken action.Speaking of action, Mr. Commissioner, how about that pay cut?Thats up to the owners, Goodell said. They evaluate my performance. They evaluate my compensation every year. And I dont argue.Come to think of it, after a year like the last one silence might be Goodells best option.____Tim Dahlberg is a national sports columnist for The Associated Press. Write to him at tdahlberg@ap.org or http://twitter.com/timdahlberg Cheap Jerseys China . Heather, the first Gaiter to win the award, set a Canadian Inter-university Sport record with 3,132 passing yards in eight league games, an average of 391.5 yards per game. That beat the mark of 3,047 set only one week earlier by Westerns Will Finch, a Hec Crighton finalist. Wholesale NFL Jerseys China .ca. Hi Kerry, Love reading your column and loved watching your analysis on the TSN broadcasts!And were now in Round 2! Bruins! Canadiens! We know all about the great games of the past from the players, the broadcasters and the writers. http://www.chinajerseyscheap.com/ . This is the final meeting of the season between these teams.? The Capitals were 5-4 winners in a shootout Oct.SOCHI, Russia -- Team Canada isnt making any last-minute changes for its Olympic semifinal showdown against the United States. Save for Matt Duchene replacing the injured John Tavares, the lines and pairings are the same as they were in the quarter-final victory over Lativa and from Thursdays practice. Coach Mike Babcock was fired up not to have to make any changes. "Im pumped," Babcock said. "Were starting to look like a team and be like a team and youre organized like a team and you feel comfortable because youre not running around trying to do a million things. Its great." Duchene is back in after playing in two of Canadas first four games. Playing centre on the fourth line is part of the reason hes not worried about shaking some rust off. "Im back at my natural position, which is going to be nice," Duchene said. "And I played a lot of games on the big ice last year at centre so I know kind of what to expect in terms of that part of it as opposed to maybe playing on the wing." Duchene has represented Canada at three world championships, something that could give him an edge in recalling how things went wrong. "Helps a lot," he said. "Ive played a lot of games at Worrlds last few years. NFL Jerseys China. Weve had some heartbreaking losses. You kind of have a little chip on your shoulder because you dont want to feel that again. Weve had some real heart-breakers there. Its time to win." Having been with this team for almost two weeks now, Babcock couldnt get a read on his team from a brief twirl at Bolshoy Ice Domes practice rink. But thats nothing new. "I cant get a feel in the morning skate in Detroit, either," he said. "Sometimes I think were the (76) Canadiens and the pucks going all over and then we dont do anything and sometimes I think our hands look like feet and we get out there and we play great. "Now we got to go out, we got a good plan, we got good people, now we got to go out and execute." PROJECTED LINEUP Forwards Chris Kunitz - Sidney Crosby - Patrice Bergeron Jamie Benn - Ryan Getzlaf - Corey Perry Patrick Marleau - Jonathan Toews - Jeff Carter Patrick Sharp - Matt Duchene - Rick Nash / Martin St. Louis Defencemen Duncan Keith - Shea Weber Marc-Edouard Vlasic - Drew Doughty Jay Bouwmeester - Alex Pietrangelo Dan Hamhuis Goaltenders Carey Price - Roberto Luongo Scratches John Tavares (injured) - P.K. Subban - Mike Smith ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz