Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 40 mal aufgerufen
 Forenspiele
jj009 Offline

ChAôt

13.03.2019 12:20
ing against the water, the ocean.In Mexico, where most of his family was, he met his future wife, Cristina. In 1986, they moved Antworten

MIAMI -- Clayton Richard overcame a shaky start for his best performance of the season.Richard pitched a season-high seven innings to help the San Diego Padres beat the Miami Marlins 1-0 on Saturday night to snap a four-game losing streak.He was outstanding, Padres manager Andy Green said. The sinker worked really well today. He is getting better. Command wavered a little bit the first time. After that he really locked it in.Richard (1-3) allowed eight hits and walked one. He struck out three and threw 63 of 94 pitches for strikes.I got into a good rhythm, Richard said. (Derek Norris) was so good behind the plate. I was able to really on him--the combination of that and our defense playing so well. They made a couple of good plays. When you have that type of defense and (Ryan) Schimpf in the lineup, its usually a good thing.Ryan Schimpf homered homered in the fourth inning off Jose Urena (2-5). Schimpf also homered Friday night and has 16 this season -- all since July 1.Its kind of been like that since I was little, Schimpf said about his power. I dont know why. I couldnt explain. Ive had a lot of good coaches along the way to help me out for sure. Right now its staying within the approach and get a good pitch when you want.Kevin Quackenbush worked the ninth, striking out two for his first save since Sept. 22, 2014, against Colorado.Quacks got a little heartbeat, Green said. He is who hes going to be every single time out. He executed his pitches after going 2 and 0 to Ichiro (Suzuki). The rest of the inning was very smooth for him.Martin Prado had four hits for the fourth time this season.Urena (2-5) allowed one run and four hits in 5 2/3 innings. He struck out six and walked two.I tried to keep the ball down and that was a pretty good game, Urena said.Prado led off the eighth with a hit off Jose Dominguez. Dee Gordon pinch-ran for Prado and was stranded at second after Brad Hand relieved Dominguez and retired the next three batters.The Marlins had two hits in the first and three in the second, but no runs to show for it. Robert Andino grounded out to Richard with the bases loaded in the second to end the threat.Obviously those are opportunities you hope that they dont come back and get you later and obviously tonight in a 1-0 game you think about those, Marlins manager Don Mattingly said.Miami was 1 for 8 with runners in scoring position and left eight on base while getting shut-out for the sixth time in their last 32 games.TRAINERS ROOMMarlins: RHP Andrew Cashner (blister) will be scratched from Sundays start and LHP Justin Nicolino will take his place after being recalled from Triple-A New Orleans. Cash has that little finger thing and it didnt seem to want to--we were hoping it would heal and it just stayed tender and wasnt able to get it to where we needed to go, Mattingly said. ... 2B Dee Gordon was held out of the starting lineup for the second straight game for rest. Gordon was held out Friday, but ended up going 0 for 3 after entering the game in the sixth. I felt like he was tired going into the game yesterday and then he ends up getting three at-bats, playing a lot of it and I felt like with a day game tomorrow I want him in there for sure, Mattingly said. I dont think he was very happy, but if that had been a normal game last night he would be in there today.UP NEXTPadres: RHP Luis Perdomo (6-7, 6.24) will start Sundays series finale. Perdomo tied a career high with seven innings in his last start against Arizona allowing one run.Marlins: LHP Justin Nicolino (2-5, 5.57) will take Andrew Cashners spot in the rotation and make his 13th start of the season, first since July 6. Matt Martin Jersey . The veteran safety was a starter for the Bengals from 2008-2012. He totaled 41 tackles and three interceptions while starting all but four of the 13 games he played last season. Adidas Garth Snow Jersey . 31, the CFL club announced Monday. The team also has yet to decide on the future of Doug Berry, who began the season as a consultant to the head coach but took over the offensive co-ordinators duties in July. http://www.cheapislandersjerseys.com/?tag=adidas-anders-lee-jersey .Y. - General manager Billy King says the Brooklyn Nets are looking to add a big man and confirmed the team worked out centre Jason Collins, who would become the first openly gay active NBA player if signed. Bryan Trottier Jersey . Miller reached right to deflect Mikhail Grabovskis attempt with just over 2 minutes remaining in regulation, and then made two more saves in the shootout Sunday to give the Sabres a 2-1 win over the Washington Capitals. Cheap Adidas NHL Jerseys . Rousey will put her perfect 8-0 record and hardware on the line against another undefeated fighter, 7-0 Sara McMann in the main event of UFC 170, which will be held at the Mandalay Bay Events Center in Las Vegas Nevada on February 22nd. Back in the early 1980s, Ernesto Escobedo Jr. dreamed of becoming a professional tennis player.But I did not have any talent, he explained last week from Las Vegas. No, no, no. I wasnt really a tennis player.As a teenager, he played events in Mexico and found his way to small-money tournaments in Holland, France, Italy and Spain. But after a few years of scuffling -- his career-high doubles ranking was No. 727 -- he returned to Mexico.I loved everything about tennis, he said, laughing. But when I hit 20, I started to realize it wasnt my future. I always had the feeling that I was going against the water, the ocean.In Mexico, where most of his family was, he met his future wife, Cristina. In 1986, they moved to Los Angeles, Ernesto Jr.s birthplace.A decade later, Ernesto III appeared, and although his father tried to steer him into team sports like soccer and basketball, he was happiest with a tennis racket in his hand. This made Ernesto Jr. very unhappy.He didnt want to me to go through what he did, Ernesto III said.The son hit against the wall at school, sometimes joined by his mother. Initially, Ernesto Jr., who drove a truck for UPS, stayed out of it. But when he saw those unnaturally fluid strokes, Ernesto IIIs precocious court sense, he eventually relented.The first tournament, at the age of 8, came at Pacific Palms in Industry Hills, California.I lost first round, Ernesto III said. But it was so much fun. I liked being out there and competing.Gradually, the fathers deferred dream came true -- for the son. And today, the son is succeeding primarily because of his father.On Oct. 15, when Ernesto III won the ATP World Tour Challenger event in Monterrey, Mexico, the first call was to his father.He cried, Ernesto III said. He said he was proud of me.That meant a lot.Escobedo, at 20, is one of the most dynamic young players in this country. Brad Gilbert, former coach of Andre Agassi and Andy Roddick (one of Escobedos idols growing up) sees him as a future top-50 player and maybe better.The title at Monterrey completed a spectacular 53-week cycle that saw his ATP ranking rise from No. 541 to a career-high No. 129. After reaching the semifinals a year ago in Monterrey, Escobedo ripped through the Challenger circuit, reaching the finals in Sao Paulo, Brazil, and Cary, North Carolina, and winning in Lexington, Kentucky, beating highly regarded American teenager Francis Tiafoe in the final.At 6-foot-1, 180 pounds, Escobedo hits the ball big off both wings and, according to Gilbert, has a better serve than his modest body would suggest. Gilbert, however, describes his movement as average.When this was relayed to him, Escobedo started laughing.Im not the quickest guy on the court, he said. Its something for me to improve on. Ive been working hard for the past two months on the track with explosive weights, and thats been helping me a lot.Working hard is something he picked up from his father, who like Richard and Oracene Williams started his child on the public courts of southern California.Same thingg, Ernesto Jr.dddddddddddd explained. I didnt want to get into tennis because I knew how hard it was. I had no resources, no money. So it was the parks, not the clubs. I started hitting with him and, little by little, we got hooked again.I told him then, If youre going to be good one day, its not going to because of the money.Ernesto Jr. cut his job back to part time so he could spend more time on court with his son. Like the Williams parents, he also avoided the conventional junior system, saying he wanted to keep the family together.He started playing Futures tournaments when he was 16, Ernesto Jr. said. When he reached a semifinal, we started practicing harder. My plan was for him to go to college, but he said he wanted to see if he could make it in the pros.He told me, A lot of players dont have this opportunity. I dont want to be regretting this for the rest of my life.I wasnt convinced.But his sons persistence -- and evident happiness -- changed his mind. Ernesto Jr. still wishes he was pursuing a college degree that he said was offered by USC, but hes seeing progress.A year ago when Ernesto III reached the semifinal in Monterrey, he wasnt ready.I couldnt focus at all, Escobedo said. It was too big of a stage for me, and my emotions got in the way.I learned a lot from that match. Ive matured a lot. Im much more comfortable in that situation.His goal is to be in the top 100 pretty soon, which would qualify him automatically into the main draws of Grand Slams. He said he is trying to be a more aggressive player, coming to net more often and serving and volleying. This isnt the conventional baseline style, but Escobedo isnt as big as some of the ATPs other #NextGen players, such fellow American?Taylor Fritz, with whom he shares coach Peter Lucassen, or Alexander Zverev of Germany.This weeks Las Vegas Challenger, where he won his first-round match, was his 28th event in a jammed calendar that included a good mix of Futures, Challengers and ATP tournaments. He won his first ATP-level match after qualifying in Nottingham back in June, beating Diego Schwartzman. Escobedo, a wild card at the US Open, split four sets with Lukas Lacko before winning by retirement. Escobedo will finish up with Challengers in Ecuador and Colombia.With the help of the USTA, Escobedo is getting coaching and support as he travels the world and learns the nuances of the game. His father still insists he play hard and exhibit good body language.Understandably, because of his personal experience, he is cautious.You cant get ahead of yourself, Escobedo Jr. said, speaking more of his son than himself. Im trying not to get too excited. We dont know what lies ahead, two, three years.But, Ive already done my part.What was it like to hear that his son had won an important tournament?Doing what I dreamed of, he said, voice trailing off. Its a beautiful feeling. Beautiful. I cant ask anything for more. ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz