Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 48 mal aufgerufen
 Forenspiele
t123 Offline

ChAôt

10.03.2019 14:04
iguel Gonzalez. ... Houston minor league OF and top prospect J Antworten

HOUSTON -- The Houston Astros hit the ball so hard Wednesday night that some players wished they had something to protect their ears in the dugout from the sound of smack after home run smack. The Astros put on an impressive display of power, hitting six home runs to get their seventh win in eight games with a 11-7 victory over the Baltimore Orioles. Jason Castro, Carlos Pena and J.D. Martinez each had two-run homers, and Jose Altuve, Matt Dominguez and Marwin Gonzalez added solo shots as the Astros came one home run shy of a single-game franchise record for home runs. "I think everybody hit the ball hard tonight," Martinez said. "You felt like you needed headphones or ear plugs in the dugout because everybody was hitting the ball hard." The Astros tagged Freddy Garcia (2-3) for four homers, then reached reliever Steve Johnson for two in the fourth inning. Its the most home runs the Astros have had in a game since also hitting six on Aug. 9, 2006 against Pittsburgh. The record of seven long balls came in 2000. It is the second time theyve had six different players hit homers in a game and the first since that record-setting game in 2000. The game extended a streak of eight straight with a home run for the Astros, who have hit 15 in that span. Pena, one of the only veterans on this team which is the youngest in the American League, said its fun to see the team start to play well. "Its a blast," he said. "We all pull for each other. We have a pretty good group. I think we all get along very well and we genuinely pull for each other, so when someone else has success its like everyone is just enjoying it." About the only disappointment for Houston was that every player didnt get a homer. "We kept talking about it," Martinez said. "All we needed was three more, and the whole lineup would have hit a home run." Houston starter Dallas Keuchel (3-2) yielded five hits and a run with three strikeouts in six innings. Garcia allowed seven hits and a season-high six runs, and the four homers tied a career high in three-plus innings, his shortest start of the season. Garcia had allowed just seven homers this season before Wednesday, and pitched eight scoreless innings in his last start. "He didnt have his split," manager Buck Showalter said. "All of the things he had working for him last time, he didnt have. He elevated a lot of balls. They put a lot of good swings on the mistakes we made, and we made a bunch of them tonight." The last time Garcia gave up four home runs was on Aug. 17, 2004. The Orioles couldnt get anything going on offence until after Keuchel left the game and they were down 9-1. J.J. Hardy had an RBI single in the first and a solo home run in Baltimores three-run seventh inning. Matt Wieters connected on a two-run homer in the eighth inning and Manny Machado drove in a run later in that inning. The Orioles were unable to build on the big inning when Hardy grounded into a double play with the bases loaded to end the eighth. Dominguez drove in two more runs with a double in the seventh inning. The Astros got hits from everyone in their lineup, with Carlos Corporan going 3 for 3 and scoring two runs. Houston got homer after homer in the first four innings, sending six of its first nine hits out of the park. Altuve singled with one out in the first before Castro became the first Astro to go deep, launching a shot to the bullpen in right-centre field to put Houston up 2-1. Corporan singled with two outs and Pena made it 4-1 when he knocked a homer to almost the exact same spot in the bullpen. No. 9 hitter Gonzalez continued the slugging in the second inning when he also sent one into the bullpen to extend the lead to 5-1. Garcia allowed a two-out single to Pena before walking Corporan in the third, but Trevor Crowe grounded out to end that inning. Dominguez opened Houstons fourth with his homer to the mezzanine to chase Garcia. He was replaced by Steve Johnson, who struck out the first two batters before Houstons hot hitting continued when Altuve sent one to left field to make it 7-1. Castro drew a walk to set the table for Martinez, whose soaring shot bounced high on the wall in left-centre field to extend Houstons lead to 9-1. Johnson issued another walk but finally escaped the inning by striking out Pena. The Orioles led early after Nate McLouth started the game with a ground-rule double and scored on a one-out single by Hardy to make it 1-0. Keuchel walked Alexi Casilla with two outs in the second inning before retiring 12 in a row. Baltimores next baserunner came when Adam Jones singled with two outs in the sixth. Chris Davis followed with another single and Wieters walked to load the bases. Keuchel got out of the jam by striking out Danny Valencia. "I honestly didnt think I was going to make it out of the first inning the way I was throwing the ball," Keuchel said. "But I got lucky to get out of that first inning and kind of settled in after that after Castros home run in the bottom of the first." Casilla had a run-scoring triple in the seventh before McLouth sent home another run with a sacrifice fly to cut the lead to 9-3. Hardy hit his 13th homer with two outs in the inning. NOTES: The series wraps up Thursday when Houstons Bud Norris opposes Miguel Gonzalez. ... Houston minor league OF and top prospect Jonathan Singleton, who finished a 50-game suspension for a drug of abuse late last month, has been promoted to Double-A Corpus Christi after playing six games at Class A Quad Cities. ... Danielle Bradbery, a semifinalist on NBCs singing competition "The Voice" who is from the Houston suburb of Cypress, Texas, performed the national anthem. New Balance Clearance Australia . It was the second consecutive win for the Pacers (2-5), who lost their first five preseason games. Jeff Teague led the Hawks (1-5) with 17 points and eight assists and Al Horford had 12 points and seven rebounds. Mike Scott scored 15 of his 17 points in the second half. New Balance Outlet Store Australia . Coach Tom Thibodeau says the former MVP will probably start travelling with the team in the next few weeks. Rose tore the meniscus in his right knee at Portland in November and was ruled out for the remainder of the season by the Bulls. http://www.cheapaustralianewbalance.com/ .875,000, avoiding arbitration. Clippards deal Monday means all eight Nationals players who filed for arbitration wound up settling before a hearing. Cheap New Balance Shoes Australia . And when it opened, every player was at his stall. Thats a sure sign that a team is in a slump and is searching for answers. "Its embarrassing to be at home and play the way we did," said defenceman Josh Gorges. Cheap New Balance Shoes Online Australia . The 15th-ranked Canadian men lost the opening two games of their European tour: 19-15 to No. 17 Georgia and 21-20 to No. SOUTH BEND, Ind. -- Suspended Notre Dame cornerback Devin Butler has pleaded guilty to misdemeanor resisting law enforcement following an altercation with police outside a bar near campus.Butler, a senior, released a public letter of apology to one of the officers, Aaron Knepper. Under a plea agreement made public Monday, he will avoid jail time and complete 24 hours of community service. Hell also pay $145 restitution for damage to Kneppers clothing and equipment.Butler was accused of tackling and punching Knepper during the August altercation. Felony charges of resisting law enforcement and battery against a public safety official were reduced to the misdemeanor under the plea agreement. Butler has been placed on pretrial diversion for one year.The St. Joseph County Prosecutors Office said the plea deal was reached after Butler demonstrated remorse for his own actions and was willing to to acknowledge not only his actions, but his uneqquivocal acknowledgement that the officers conducted themselves appropriately and professionally while effectuating the arrest.ddddddddddddome witnesses had claimed Butler did nothing wrong. In his letter of apology, Butler told Knepper he was trying to separate others involved in a fight.I understand how you and the other officers could have reasonably perceived me to have been the aggressor. I regret that this occurred and I acknowledge that my arrest was due to my own actions and that the officers acted appropriately, the letter said.South Bend Police Chief Scott Ruszkowski on Friday cleared the officers involved in Butlers arrest of any wrongdoing.Coach Brian Kelly suspended Butler indefinitely shortly after the arrest. Team spokesman Michael Bertsch said there is no change in Butlers status with the team. ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz