Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 36 mal aufgerufen
 Forenspiele
jj009 Offline

ChAôt

10.03.2019 05:13
less." The Indians are roaring toward October. Giambi belted a two-run, pinch-hit homer with two outs in the ninth inning to giv Antworten

CHICAGO -- Felix Hernandez was so excited to face Chris Sale he loaded up on caffeine before the game and briefly got dizzy.King Felix needed the extra energy to beat the dominant White Sox ace.Sale struck out 14 but got outpitched by Hernandez and the Seattle bullpen, and the Mariners ended a three-game skid Friday night by beating Chicago 3-1.Hernandez (9-4) improved to 5-0 in eight starts since returning from the disabled list, throwing 7 1/3 innings of one-run ball.But he said he was scared as he was attended to before the third inning.Everything went black. I couldnt feel my legs and I was a little dizzy, Hernandez said. I had a few Red Bulls and that was probably what it was.Sale (15-7) gave up five hits and walked none in his fifth complete game of the season. He retired the final 16 batters, striking out 10 of them.I guess it looks good on paper but you want to come out on top in a game like that, no doubt, Sale said.I think we definitely had a good matchup tonight. Its what people came to see and the wrong team came out on top, it depends on who you ask, I guess. Sometimes you run into people like that, he said.Sale struck out six straight in the sixth and seventh innings, one shy of Joe Cowleys team record.Franklin Gutierrez hit a solo home run in the second and Adam Lind added an RBI double off in the fourth off Sale.Thank God we did it early because as everybody saw, when he gets on a roll its like lights out, Mariners manager Scott Servais said of Sale. Hes obviously one of the best pitchers in the league for a reason. We had no chance, really, after the fourth and fifth inning.Todd Fraziers 32nd home run in the seventh was one of eight hits off Hernandez until he left with the bases loaded.Edwin Diaz entered and earned a five-out save by getting some help.Third baseman Shawn OMalley, filling in for the injured Kyle Seager, threw home for a force play on Tim Andersons slow roller before Jose Abreu popped out.Diaz struck out the side in the ninth for his 11th save in as many tries.I got like four days off and I was a starter before, Diaz said of the extra work with Seattles short bullpen. I got the starters mentality sometimes.Hernandez, a six-time All-Star, entered leading the AL in ERA (2.95) since 2012. Sale, a five-time All-Star, was tops in that period in strikeouts (1,065).Sale started for the AL in the All-Star Game this year after Hernandez did in 2015.Gutierrez sent Sales 97 mph fastball into the seats in right-center in the second and the Mariners added another run on a double play in the third.Nelson Cruz singled and scored on Linds double in the fourth.The White Sox hit into two double plays and had two players picked off first, helping to waste Sales big night against Hernandez.You run into a guy like that, hes special Theres no doubt about it, Sale said. I mean, his nicknames the King. That doesnt fall on too many people. You pick yourself up and move on.TRAINERS ROOMMariners: Seager (foot) missed a third straight game, but said he was definitely getting better and was expected back Saturday. Servais said when Seager returns theyll switch out a position player for a 12th pitcher. We do need the extra arm, Servais said. You cant carry what were carrying right now for too many days.White Sox: C Alex Avila (hamstring) was activated off the disabled list as C Dioner Navarro was traded to Toronto. . LF Melky Cabrera (sick) missed a second straight game. It looks like hell be fine for tomorrow, manager Robin Ventura said.WATER BALLOONSThe Mariners conducted a pregame contest where three players used a sling shot to launch a water balloon across the outfield as another player attempted to catch it without it bursting. Its part of the Ms Olympics that includes medals and a victory stand.I thought the emotional outburst from Adam Lind was tremendous, Servais said.UP NEXTChicagos Jose Quintana (10-9), holder of the ALs third-best ERA at 2.84, faces fellow LHP Ariel Miranda (1-0, 5.49) on Saturday night. Anton Stralman Jersey . Didier Drogba gave away the penalty that put Senegal one goal away from a major upset, but the veteran striker will get another chance -- probably his last -- at the World Cup after Salomon Kalous injury-time strike sealed the Ivorians place in Brazil next year. Andrej Sustr Jersey .Y. - New Orleans forward Anthony Davis was chosen Friday to replace the injured Kobe Bryant in the NBA All-Star game that will be played in his home city. http://www.cheaplightningjerseys.com/?tag=adidas-nikita-kucherov-jersey . "It doesnt get any better than that," Giambi said. "Im speechless." The Indians are roaring toward October. Giambi belted a two-run, pinch-hit homer with two outs in the ninth inning to give Cleveland a shocking 5-4 win over the Chicago White Sox on Tuesday night, keeping the Indians up with the lead pack in the AL wild-card race. Steven Stamkos Jersey . Halladay signed a one-day contract with the Toronto Blue Jays on Monday that allowed the veteran right-hander to retire as a member of team with which he broke into the majors and spent the bulk of his distinguished 16-year career. Slater Koekkoek Jersey . The Lightning are 2-0 so far on a four-game road trip, giving the club five straight wins as the guest and improving Tampas away record this season to 11-8-2. Nyquist is in the news again. Remember him? The Breeders Cup Juvenile winner, 2-year-old male champion, and undefeated hero of the Kentucky freakin Derby? All it took was two high-profile losses for him to be relegated to yesterdays fishwrap, a one-hit wonder. This years Super Saver. Orb in West Coast drag.Is this a tough room or what?In the most recent NTRA Top Thoroughbred poll -- comprised of 39 votes from an assortment of industry pundits -- Nyquist was still clinging to the No. 10 spot, compared to No. 6 for fellow 3-year-old Arrogate. His greatest sin, despite a record of 8 for 10, seems to be that he has not lived up to the standard set by American Pharoah. Good luck with that.Paul Reddams champ has been out of sight and nearly everyones mind since finishing fourth in the Haskell. He had been training at Del Mar, but Doug ONeill thought a change of scenery would help the cause -- there was something about a growth spurt -- so he dispatched Nyquist to San Luis Rey Downs, a Southern California training center so out of the way that GPS has yet to find it on the map.No kidding, said Kevin Havell, manager of San Luis Rey Downs. GPS takes you way over there to Lilac Road. We get delivery guys calling us all the time asking, Where are you?With such technological anonymity comes peace of mind. Horses loll around at San Luis Rey like box turtles. The only thing they look forward to more than feed time is a nap. Sure, they put in the hard work of racehorses in the morning -- Peter Miller wins training titles out of San Luis Rey -- but when the afternoon comes and the breeze from the Pacific crests the surrounding hills, it is easy to forget the hubbub of a racetrack backstretch full of 1,500 anxious animals and the attendant human traffic.The vacation is almost over, said Jonny Garcia on Monday morning, not long after giving Nyquist a solid jog around San Luis Reys dirt mile.Garcia has been riding Nyquist since the colt arrived at Santa Anita fresh from a 2-year-old sale. He has followed him to Keeneland, Gulfstream Park, Churchill Downs, Pimlico, and Monmouth Park, and now they are on the road again to Parx, near Philadelphia, for the $1.25 million Pennsylvania Derby on Saturday.At Parx, Nyquist will face his old pal Exaggerator, who beat him on sloppy tracks in both the Preakness and the Haskell Invitational. The forecast for Saturday calls for neither rain nor the presence of Arrogate, the runaway winner of the Travers, so the two classic winners should have the headlines to themselves.Exaggerator still needs to provee he can win a big one on a dry track, while Nyquist must quell any notions that the division has left him behind as the champion of the first five months of the year.ddddddddddddThis usually gets you nothing.In his favor, Nyquist has been working like he means it at San Luis Rey, with a progressively faster series of miles over the deepish, sandy loam. Nyquists most recent 1:38.20 under Garcia last weekend was as good as a horse should work.I know hes grown, and he feels stronger, Garcia said. His stride is bigger. I like to start him out relaxed in his work, then pick it up after about three-eighths and finish steady.When he is at his best, that is exactly how Nyquist runs his races. In his last two starts -- not coincidentally his only two losses -- he has been asked to press a fast pace. This is not his style, and at the same time, there is no reason to believe that a false pace would ever compromise his chances. He is the ultimate stalker.Garcia, 30, has been with the ONeill stable for nine years. Clearly, the trainer trusts him with the best. Garcias headline horses prior to Nyquist were Derby-Preakness winner Ill Have Another and two-time Breeders Cup Dirt Mile winner Goldencents.When Garcia says that Nyquist has never changed, he is talking about a relatively mellow equine personality that was transparent from the start. Even his quirks have persisted.Yes, look at the back wall, Garcia said, and sure enough, there were the telltale Nyquist teeth marks that have appeared in every stall hes ever occupied.But even the easygoing have their limits. ONeill thought a few sessions in the San Luis Rey equine swimming pool would do Nyquist a world of good, as it has for any number of horses who trend a little sour on the daily grind.First time in, he was great, said San Luis Reys Havell. Usually, when that happens, theyr

Sprung  
Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz