Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 56 mal aufgerufen
 Forenspiele
dasg234 Offline

ChAôt

08.03.2019 14:42
were some things that were briefly discussed, Antworten

BRATISLAVA, Slovakia -- Before the Special One, there was the First One.His name is Jozef Venglos, and in 1990 he became the first outsider to take over as manager of a first division club in England.It was the hardest job of his illustrious career. But now 80 years old and looking back, Venglos was all smiles and appreciative of his time as manager of Aston Villa during an interview with The Associated Press at his house in Bratislava.You have to have a joy from football, even as manager, Venglos said. Theres a specific feature of English football, that its inspirational in all aspects: for the managers, players and of course, fans.This season, there are 14 foreign managers in the Premier League, from Jose Mourinho at Manchester United to Juergen Klopp at Liverpool, Pep Guardiola at Manchester City and Antonio Conte at Chelsea. Of course, Arsene Wenger is also still there at Arsenal after 20 years.Only four clubs in the league have a manager who is from England, Bournemouth, Burnley, Crystal Palace and Hull. Additionally, Stoke is led by a Welshman while a Scotsman is in charge of Sunderland.---CAREERVenglos was a respected, experienced coach when he arrived in Birmingham, but was not a household name in Britain.It was a surprise to me, Venglos said. But also an appreciation of what I had done. It was a well-managed and controlled club.When Venglos was introduced as the manager, the media at the news conference remained silent when they were asked: Hands up, those of you who know this man.Prior to his job at Aston Villa, Venglos biggest successes came in international football. He was an assistant coach to Vaclav Jezek when Czechoslovakia won the European Championship in 1976; four years later, he was in charge alone as he led his national team to third place at Euro 1980. At the 1990 World Cup, he reached the quarterfinals.After his spell in England, Venglos moved to Fenerbahce and later to Celtic. In his career, the coach with a degree in physical education and known as Dr. Jo, or the Doctor, also led the national teams of Australia, Malaysia, Oman and Slovakia.In 1995, he became the president of the European Coaches Union and led European and World select teams on several occasions.In his homeland, he was named the coach of the 20th century.---ASTON VILLAComing from behind the Iron Curtain just a year after it collapsed, Venglos appointment by Villa chairman Doug Ellis looked like a revolution.Taking over from Graham Taylor, Venglos was ready and eager to direct the team from the traditional English physical style and apply new methods, starting with a more passing approach, pre-match warm-ups and new diets.Venglos had playmaker David Platt, but many in his squad didnt seem ready to adopt the changes he was making. And with expectations high and the media critical, the coach himself had a hard time adapting.No bitter memories, though.The players were true professionals, Venglos said. I would say there was a mutual respect between us and that kept us moving forward. I think we understood each other. And thats important that the team follows the coach, respects him, and the results follow. The results are key, in any country.At times, it worked, namely in a 2-0 victory at Villa Park over Inter Milan in the UEFA Cup.But victories were not as frequent as anyone wished. Villa ended the season in 17th place, a significant drop from the second-place finish the previous season.Venglos developed high blood pressure during the season and continued to face criticism from the media, finally resigning despite an offer from Ellis to continue. Ron Atkinson replaced him.I learned a lot, said Venglos, who still follows the results of the team. I watch Aston Villa. I feel joy when things go well for the club.---ALEX FERGUSONVenglos said he still remains in touch with other coaches and calls them from time to time. But when it comes to who he admired most, he didnt hesitate to answer: Alex Ferguson.Hes a complex person, Venglos said. He was able to get close even to the best players. He knew how to win support from the fans and the club and brought a new passion to football.Venglos said he would never forget Fergusons gesture when his Aston Villa played Manchester United for the first time.Alex Ferguson came to welcome me and said: `If you need anything, dont hesitate to call me, Im happy to help, Venglos said. It was a sign of real professionalism and attitude to football.Nike Air Max 90 Kopen Nederland . Ibaka equaled a career high with 20 rebounds, adding four blocked shots and 15 points as the Thunder smothered the Milwaukee Bucks offence in a 92-79 victory Saturday night. Air Max 90 Nederland . Booth picked up 65 caps after making her national team debut in 2002 at the age of 17. She most recently played for Sky Blue FC of the National Womens Soccer League. "It just felt like it was my time to move on," she said in a phone interview from her hometown of Burlington, Ont. http://www.airmax90salenederland.com/ . LeBron James and Chris Bosh didnt need any more. Williams scored 11 points in 10 minutes, Alan Anderson scored 17 points, and the Brooklyn Nets finished the exhibition season with a 108-87 win over the Miami Heat on Friday night. Nike Air Max Goedkoop Bestellen . In taking its goal tally to 99 in all competitions already this season, City delivered another demonstration of its lethal firepower at Etihad Stadium to set up a fourth-round match at home to another second-tier team -- Watford. Nike Air Max Goedkoop . -- Brandon Jennings made the most of his first game with the Detroit Pistons on Sunday night.CLEVELAND -- David Price didnt change the narrative Friday, but oh man, did he ever add to it?Not only did the Boston Red Soxs $217 million man get knocked out of Game 2 of the Red Sox-Indians American League Division Series after only 3 1/3 innings -- his shortest start since June 24 -- but he corrected a reporter who stated in a question that Price is still winless in his career in the postseason.Ive got two wins in the playoffs, Price said, just not as a starter.After the Red Sox lost 6-0 on Friday to the Cleveland Indians,?moving to the brink of elimination in the best-of-five series, it wasnt exactly the time for Price to recite his postseason resume, especially after he fell to 0-8 with a 5.74 ERA in nine career playoff starts.In his latest October flop, Price was victimized by a combination of rotten luck in the form of three consecutive soft singles and a fastball that was rocketed over the right-field wall in the Indians four-run second inning.Made some pitches, didnt have good things happen. Thats part of it, Price said. [The Indians] guys are playing well right now. Our confidence isnt altered. This is a very confident group, even though were down 0-2 right now. This team has been there before. Were all right.Even if thats true, its worth wondering about Prices state of mind.Eleven months ago, Prices welcome-to-Boston press conference at Fenway Park began with a question about the little issue of your postseason record. And in a telling comment before Prices first postseason start for the Red Sox, manager John Farrell said the ace lefty is well-aware of the talk that surrounds him and his meaning and status with our club.There were times this season when the pressure of being the highest-paid pitcher in baseball history seemed to weigh on Price. After he didnt pitch well Sept. 27 in New York when the Red Sox had a chance to clinch the AL East, he received a brief pep talk from Farrell that was designed to make sure he was in the proper frame of mind headiing into the playoffs.ddddddddddddThere were some things that were briefly discussed, just acknowledging what hes dealt with this year, who he is as a person, and that hes one of us and were fully supportive of him, Farrell said. As far as suggesting or giving some thought that hes got to do things differently, no. Hes got to go out and pitch his game.Like co-ace Rick Porcello in Game 1, Price cruised through the first inning, retiring three straight batters on eight pitches. But he gave up back-to-back-to-back one-out singles in the second inning, including an infield chopper by Jose Ramirez and Brandon Guyers RBI bloop to shallow center field.Still, Price had a chance to get out of the second inning allowing just the one run. But he served up a three-run screamer to Lonnie Chisenhall, who hadnt homered against a left-handed pitcher all season.With the Indians leading 4-0, Price got into trouble in the fourth inning against the bottom of the Indians order again. He gave up an infield hit to Guyer, and after Chisenhall popped out, he walked No. 9 hitter?Roberto Perez for a second time in as many plate appearances, leading to manager John Farrell lifting Price after only 65 pitches.Reliever Matt Barnes gave up an RBI single to Jason Kipnis, causing Price to be charged with another run. His final line: 3 1/3 innings, six hits, five runs, two walks, three strikeouts.I didnt make that one big pitch, Price said. The pitch that Chisenhall hit out, thats a good pitch. He put a good swing on it. Thats part of it. Ive got to be able to move forward. I feel like Ive done that. Ill be ready.And that includes coming out of the bullpen, Price said, if the Red Sox need him in an elimination game.I know my numbers going to get called again to pitch a game in 2016, and Ill be ready, he said. I want it, for sure, and I know these guys will give it to me. ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz