Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 40 mal aufgerufen
 Forenspiele
jj009 Offline

ChAôt

08.03.2019 11:27
games for the Maple Leafs this season. He played in only two games last month, Nov. 26 and Nov. 12.I havent been in a match in a Antworten

TORONTO --Until a few days ago, Peter Holland played for the Toronto Maple Leafs.Hardly played might be a better description. The center was traded to the Arizona Coyotes on Friday for a conditional pick in the 2018 draft and returns to the Air Canada Centre to face his former team Thursday night.While the Maple Leafs were blowing a two-goal third-period lead on the way to a 3-2 shootout loss to the San Jose Sharks on Tuesday, Holland had two assists in his debut for the Coyotes in their 4-1 victory over the Red Wings at Detroit.Holland had one assist in eight games for the Maple Leafs this season. He played in only two games last month, Nov. 26 and Nov. 12.I havent been in a match in about a month and been practicing with just a few guys on the ice during my time in Toronto, Holland told the Arizona Republic before Tuesdays game. So its going to take me a little bit to get my timing back and feet under me. But, hopefully, it comes back quicker than I think.Peter gives us that steady center that weve needed since (Brad) Richardson got hurt, Coyotes coach Dave Tippett said after the game Tuesday. He didnt look like a guy playing his first game for a team.Well, its good for him, Maple Leafs coach Mike Babcock told reporters Wednesday. Were playing them next so I watched (Tuesdays game). We went through it today.Holly was a good player for us, did lots of good things, it just didnt work here for him. Theres lots of players in the league, when you look at it, who are in a situation, and they go somewhere else and they get a new opportunity. You want everyone to do well, period. If its not working here, and theyre not finding a way to help themselves, or grow as a player, or to help you, its important that they move on. When they move on, youre not cheering against them at all, youre cheering that they do well, except when they play you.The Coyotes (10-14-5) play the third game of four in a row on the road Thursday. They began the trip with a 7-0 loss against the Pittsburgh Penguins on Monday, which followed a home win over the Nashville Predators on Saturday.We did a lot of the things that it takes to win hockey games, said goaltender Mike Smith, who made 37 saves Tuesday. The offense took its chances and everyone made plays. We knew what happened (Monday) night and no one wanted to see that again. Were a better team than that.The Coyotes will be without Max Domi indefinitely after the left winger had hand surgery Monday. He suffered a broken bone in his hand during a fight against the Calgary Flames last Thursday.Arizona defenseman Connor Murphy suffered an upper body injury Saturday and was schedule for tests Tuesday in Arizona before rejoining the team. His status for Thursdays game was not known.The Maple Leafs (11-11-6) have only one win in their past six games and once again Tuesday showed that they have problems closing games out. They were in command before the Sharks struck with goals of 12:43 and 14:50 of the third and then lost in the shootout.Babcock talked about the necessity of keeping the pressure on the other team when on the lead. He talked about activities around each goal as an example.Ive got it written down right here, he said. In the third, we had six (activities) around their net. They had 12 around ours. Any way you look at it that means youre being a little more careful. Tight and tentative never got you anywhere in life.When you get in your car, normally what you do is you dont put one foot on the brake and one foot on the gas. The long skinny one on the right -- you just push it down and the car goes better.Maple Leafs rookie Auston Matthews, who had a goal and an assist against the Sharks, is from Scottsdale. Ariz. The first pick in the NHL draft this year grew up going to Coyotes games, dreaming of playing for them. This will be the first time that he has played against them.Im really looking forward to it, Matthews said Wednesday. Its fun to play your hometown team. It will be cool after watching guys like (Shane) Doan growing up. Hes still playing (at 40). That will be pretty special. Alize Johnson Jersey . Klitschkos management company says the bout will be the Ukrainian fighters 25th world championship fight. The 1.83-meter (6-foot) Leapai defeated the previously unbeaten Denis Boytsov in November to become the WBOs mandatory challenger. Cheap Pacers Jerseys China . The team also announced Tuesday that the Braves will wear a commemorative patch on the right sleeve during the season. The patch, shaped like home plate, carries the number 715, Aarons autograph and a "40th Anniversary" banner. http://www.cheappacersjerseys.com/ . -- An ugly goal by Nick Bonino helped the Anaheim Ducks overcome the defensive-minded Phoenix Coyotes on a night when their ragged power play continued to struggle. Wholesale Pacers Jerseys . -- The Sacramento Kings are set to become the first major professional sports franchise to accept Bitcoin virtual currency for ticket and merchandise purchases. Cheap Pacers Jerseys . The person spoke to The Associated Press on condition of anonymity because the Lions have not announced the hiring, which was first reported by ESPN. Lombardi, the grandson of former Green Bay Hall of Fame coach Vince Lombardi, has been an offensive assistant on Sean Paytons New Orleans staff since 2007.NEWARK, N.J. -- Roberto Luongo appeared to be the most available player in hockey history. The veteran goaltender wanted to be traded, and the Vancouver Canucks tried desperately to accommodate him. Luongo knew the time and money left on his 12-year, US$64-million contract made that more difficult, but until this past weekend it still looked like it would happen. When Cory Schneider was shipped off to the New Jersey Devils instead, it brought Vancouvers goaltending situation into sharp focus: Luongo is the unquestioned No. 1. But now Luongo has the challenging task of resuming a role he lost and trying to reclaim the status of elite goaltender in the city he asked to be dealt from. "I think hes been prepared to move on for about a year now. To have that taken away, you have to sort of reset and readjust," Schneider said. "Its not easy to do, but hes a resilient guy and hes been through all this before, and Im just hoping that he makes the best situation he can and that he can keep playing well and be the goalie that we all know he can be." The goalie Luongo can be is more evident on his resume than in his reputation. The 34-year-old won a gold medal with Canada at the 2010 Winter Olympics after replacing Martin Brodeur, and he came one victory away from capturing the Stanley Cup for the Canucks in 2011. But Luongos save percentage dropped to .907 during the lockout-shortened season as he and Schneider dealt with the uncertainly and attention of sharing the net. He became far more popular for his Twitter personality than his play. GM Mike Gillis is counting on Luongo returning to gold-medal form now that the situation was finally resolved. "I believe Roberto is a professional," he said. "I think he is an outstanding person, an outstanding goaltender and I anticipate him being one of the front runners for the Sochi Olympics playing goal for Canada. Based on all those features I dont expect there to be a problem, but I havent spoken to him." Owner Francesco Aquilini flew to Florida to speak with Luongo on Sunday. According to Schneider, the Canucks organization didnt have much contact with either goalie as Gillis tried to figure a way out. But Luongo and Schneider stayed in touch, talking over the weekend as rumours swirled. The 27-year-old wished his old partner nothing but the best as he came to grips with getting a new start in New Jersey. Luongo doesnt get to start fresh, but Gillis sspoke to agent Gilles Lupien and figures life can now go on as normal.dddddddddddd "Im not anticipating there being issues, but if there are, well deal with them," Gillis said. "He signed a long-term contract with our club for a lot of money and (was) very happy to do it." Money doesnt guarantee great goaltending. The Philadelphia Flyers figured that out with Ilya Bryzgalov after buying him out of the final seven seasons of a nine-year, $51-million deal. But Luongo has a history that suggests he can rebound now that he doesnt have to split duties with Schneider. Luongos best seasons have come when he has played the bulk of games, like when he had a .928 save percentage when playing 60 in 2010-11. Luongo is a bit older now, but Schneider doesnt have any doubts about the veteran returning to form. "Hes been a resilient guy and hes been through a lot and hes been counted out and knocked down and hes always gotten back up," Schneider said. "Having worked with him for three years now, I just know hes a great goalie, whether thats in Vancouver or anywhere else. I think hes going to play his hardest to be his best." Schneiders agent Mike Liut, meanwhile, said he was not surprised the goaltender was traded. "In the end it went as expected," Liut said in an e-mail. "The Canucks original plan was to trade Cory at some point because Robertos contract extended him into his 40s. That the Canucks altered that strategy to moving Roberto was more surprising than their final decision to switch back to seeking a trade involving Cory. All part of the game." Liut said Schneider was disappointed in being traded, but understood that few players spend their entire careers with one team. "We knew that Robertos contract would be difficult to trade because of its term/dollars at best," said Liut. The agent indicated the new collective bargaining agreement worked against Schneider staying because the Canucks and another team could both take a sizable salary cap if Luongo is traded and retires before his contract expires. Luongos contract is front-loaded, so he earns much more in the early years, and the annual cap hit is manageable. But under the new CBA, the so-called Luongo rule seeks to offset the early soft hits. "The punitive cap benefit capture that. The NHL demanded in the new CBA made Robertos contract all the more difficult to trade," said Liut. ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz