Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 35 mal aufgerufen
 Forenspiele
x123 Offline

ChAôt

07.03.2019 14:25
Edwin Diaz replaced Iwakuma and left a runner stranded in the eighth. Steve Cishek pitched the ninth for his 22th save of the se Antworten

FRISCO, Texas -- Because they were on opposing teams at the Senior Bowl, Carson Wentz and Dak Prescott didnt spend much time together talking about the future.Even if they had, its hard to imagine the soon-to-be rookie quarterbacks in Philadelphia and Dallas could have come up with this doozy: Exactly nine months after that showcase, they would face each other in a key NFC East prime-time game as the toast of the town in both cities, as one of their coaches described it.Thats a lot of what ifs and a lot of different things happening for this to all play out like this, Wentz said. Its exciting for him, for me. Obviously, its going to be played up into something. Its cool to see another young guy like him that Ive come to know and to see the success hes having.Wentz starting the opener wasnt really a stretch by draft time because he went No. 2 overall to the Eagles. But there was still the surprising trade just before the season that sent Sam Bradford to Minnesota, clearing Wentzs path to the job .Prescott was a fourth-round pick who started training camp competing for the No. 3 job.Backup Kellen Moore got hurt first, breaking an ankle in camp. Then 10-year starter Tony Romo broke a bone in his back in a preseason game, and the 135th selection in the draft had shown enough in the preseason for the Cowboys to believe he could handle the starting role .Now that the Cowboys (5-1) have won five straight and are tied with the Vikings for the best record in the NFC, the question is whether Romo gets his job back when hes ready to play again.That issue can wait at least one more week. Meantime, these longtime rivals get to watch the apparent futures of their franchises square off Sunday night after an early season stretch when they kept trading the rookie record for pass attempts without an interception to start a career.Its great from an NFL standpoint because obviously these two kids are the talk of the town, lets say, first-year Eagles coach Doug Pederson said. It is fun. Its fun for a coach to watch. I think its fun for players to watch it. Its exciting for the fans.Prescott said the pair got to know each other better at the NFL combine after spending more time together. The Dallas rookie said they stayed in touch via text as the offseason continued, but havent been in contact since the season started.I dont really think too much of it or make it a big deal out of the opponent or who Im playing if its another rookie or not, Prescott said. Carsons doing a great job and as I said, I wish him all the luck except when we meet up.Wentz cooled off a little sooner than Prescott, throwing his first interception on the final pass of his fourth game, the start of a two-game skid for the Eagles (4-2). Prescotts only pick of the season came in the sixth game, a win at Green Bay.And while Wentzs passer rating has dropped significantly each of the past two weeks, Prescott has a franchise rookie record of five straight games with a rating of at least 100.The bottom line is wins, though. And these are the top two teams in a division thats stronger than expected.They know how to win, Pederson said. They know how to lead their teams. Nothing seems to be too big for either one of them. They take it in stride. The ability to protect the football I think through these first six, seven games like this has been crucial.The biggest difference is the college background. Prescott came from Mississippi State and the SEC, specifically the SEC West, which earlier this season he jokingly called the third-best conference or division in all of football behind the AFC and NFC.Wentz had the small-school tag coming out of North Dakota State, although its not like most small schools. He was the starter for the last two of five straight lower-division national championships. In his mind, that was just part of it.I was at the line making audibles, calling the protections, run-game checks, in the huddle, all those things that correlate to the NFL, he said. The games very similar. We just call things different in this offense. I think that was actually an advantage where I went to school.As for the similarities, many of the same words come from Pederson and Cowboys coach Jason Garrett, whose staff had Wentz on its team at the Senior Bowl: preparation, maturity, leadership.The Eagles knew they were drafting their future at quarterback. The Cowboys were hoping. Its looking like both franchises did.We got to know each other during some of the other rookie things and the combine and everything, Wentz said. I thought we got along great. I thought we were good friends. Who knows? We might be playing each other for a long time.But they cant exactly say they saw it coming.---Online:AP NFL website: www.pro32.ap.org and www.twitter.com/AP-NFL---Follow Schuyler Dixon on Twitter at https://twitter.com/apschuyler Authentic Keke Coutee Jersey . Boucher previously coached the Tampa Bay Lightning and had a 97-78-20 record over two-plus seasons. He was dismissed by the team last March after the Lightning struggled in the lockout-shortened season with a 13-18-1 record. Authentic Keke Coutee Jersey . The 25-year-old Japanese star has officially been posted by his club team, the Rakuten Golden Eagles. http://www.cheaptexansjerseysauthentic.com/ . The Clippers were angry about blowing a big lead; the Kings didnt like being in that kind of hole and nearly digging themselves out only to lose. Authentic Jermaine Kelly Jersey . PAUL, Minn. Authentic Jermaine Kelly Jersey . 9. Price, heading to the 2014 Olympics for Canada, was named the First Star after posting wins in three starts with a 1.00 goals-against average and a .971 save percentage. SEATTLE -- After losing his first two starts against Houston this season, Seattles Hisashi Iwakuma got the better of the Astros on Saturday with one of his best performances of the season.Iwakuma limited Houston to two hits in seven innings, Robinson Cano provided the only scoring with a RBI single in the sixth and the Mariners beat the Astros 1-0.It was payback time, Iwakuma said through an interpreter. They got me pretty good the last couple starts. We just knew we had to change our game plan.Iwakuma (10-6) won his fourth straight start to become the first Seattle pitcher to reach double-digit wins. He struck out eight and walked one as the Mariners snapped a five-game losing streak against Houston.Cant say enough about our pitching today, Seattle manager Scott Servais said. I thought Iwakuma was awesome. Back and forth, really good command of all of his pitches. He elevated late in some counts, really expanded the strike zone against a really good team. Outstanding job by Kuma.In the sixth, Leonys Martin led off with a triple -- his second extra-base hit of the game -- and Cano followed with the single to left.Houston starter Lance McCullers (4-4) was strong through the first five innings, allowing two hits and striking out five before giving up the run in the sixth. He struck out eight and walked four in 5 1/3 innings.We know he is a great pitcher, Iwakuma said of McCullers. He had pitched well against us the last time we were in Houston, so we knew it was going to be a tight ballgame. You have to be patient. Wait for that run and hope not to give up the first one, and I didnt.Iwakuma allowed only a double by Jose Altuve with two outs in the first and a double by Carlos Correa in the seventh. In his last six starts, Iwakuma has pitched at least seven innings and is 5-1 during the stretch.Correa reached third, advancing to second onn a groundout following his one-out double.dddddddddddd But Iwakuma got Colby Rasmus to ground out to Cano to end the inning.Edwin Diaz replaced Iwakuma and left a runner stranded in the eighth. Steve Cishek pitched the ninth for his 22th save of the season.Marwin Gonzalez led off the ninth with a double but was caught in a rundown on Altuves sacrifice bunt attempt. Altuve made it to second on the play and stole third with Correa at the plate, but Cishek struck out Correa and Luis Valbuena to end the game.At the start of the inning when you have Marwin leading off and then into the middle of our order, we felt pretty good, Astros manager A.J. Hinch said. But you know obviously we couldnt scratch across a run at any point in the game, even in the ninth.RBI CLUBCano recorded his 20th RBI of the season against the Astros with his go-ahead single in the sixth, becoming just the sixth player in Mariners history to drive in 20 or more runs against a single team.TRAINERS ROOMAstros: OF Colby Rasmus returned to the lineup Saturday and started in left field after missing the last five games with an ear infection.Mariners: Nelson Cruz was scratched from the lineup Saturday with a sore foot after fouling a ball off it Friday and is day-to-day. RHP Felix Hernandez made a rehab start Friday in Tacoma and will start for the Mariners when they face the Pirates on Wednesday.UP NEXTAstros: RHP Colin McHugh (5-6, 4.50) will make his 19th start of the season in the series finale. McHugh has allowed three earned runs or fewer in five straight starts.Mariners: LHP Mike Montgomery (3-3, 2.06) will make his second start of the season. In his first start, Montgomery allowed one run and five hits in 6 1/3 innings against the Royals. ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz