Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 35 mal aufgerufen
 Forenspiele
jj009 Offline

ChAôt

07.03.2019 05:59
ned around given his track record. Over the last two seasons, Salazar is 25-15.His last two starts, everybody has those, Francon Antworten

ARLINGTON, Texas -- Texas starter Derek Holland surpassed just about everyones expectations in his first start since returning from the disabled list earlier this week.Not his own.Holland (5-6) allowed one run on four hits in six innings in a 3-0 loss to Cincinnati Tuesday. Hell be looking to build off that outing Sunday when he faces off opposite Danny Salazar (11-5) and the Cleveland Indians as the Rangers look to take 3-of-4 from the Tribe.Holland, who missed more than two months because of left shoulder inflammation, is trying to keep the momentum from that start going.Im always trying to do that every time I go out, Holland said of his first start. But Im past that. Ive got to focus on whats next, now its Cleveland. Theyre a hot team. Theyre in first place as well.All the Cincinnati start did for Holland was prove that he was over the shoulder issues that contributed to his slow start this season. He felt fine physically in his three rehab starts, but the having the success at the big-league level let Holland know hes where he wants to be with his pitching.Its one good start, Holland said. My goal is to be consistent all the time. Its not after one start we throw a parade because I did good or whatever. I want to continue to do that each start and just feed off of that.Holland was pleased with his efficiency in the start (73 pitches in six innings) and his slider. Holland had gotten away from throwing his slider earlier in the year, but established it early in his five-strikeout start.Everythings there, he said. Its where it needs to be. I feel very confident and very happy with where Im at.Facing Cleveland has been good for Holland in the past. The Ohio native is 4-1 lifetime against Cleveland with a 2.74 ERA. He beat the Indians earlier this year, pitching six innings and allowing one run in a 9-2 win in May.While Holland comes into Sundays game with confidence, Salazar has been scuffling. Despite impressive numbers on the season as a whole, the right-hander has struggled mightily over his last four starts.Salazar is 0-2 in that span with a 15.55 ERA. In his last two starts, hes totaled just five innings and has been tagged for nine earned runs.Despite the stretch, Cleveland manager Terry Francona is confident Salazar can get things turned around given his track record. Over the last two seasons, Salazar is 25-15.His last two starts, everybody has those, Francona said. When things like that happen, Mickey (Callaway), our pitching coach, they make sure they have a good solid side day, they pay attention to detail, because that stuff is the fastest way to find your footing again. It doesnt always come back in one lump, but if you have a good solid work week, it generally gives you the best chance on your day to start to succeed. Cheap NFL Jerseys Paypal . After taking two big hits this week -- losing at home and dropping back-to-back games for the first time all season -- Indiana struck back by playing its most complete game of the year. Wholesale NFL Jerseys Authentic . -- Stanford squashed Oregons national championship hopes again, schooling the Ducks in power football. http://www.wholesalenfljerseyssupplycheap.com/ . Thousands of fans at Mosaic Stadium will be cozying up to each other in an effort to stay warm in chilly temperatures and block the Prairie wind that locals say can knock your socks off. Cheap NFL Jerseys China . PETERSBURG, Fla. Cheap Nike NFL Jerseys . -- Washington Redskins tight end Fred Davis was charged Thursday with driving while intoxicated, a day after he was suspended for an NFL substance-abuse policy violation. MINNEAPOLIS -- Minnesota quarterback Mitch Leidner is still working his way back from a concussion, clearing the way for former walk-on Conor Rhoda to start his second straight game when the Golden Gophers host Rutgers on Saturday.Leidner was listed as out by the team on Tuesday due to a concussion suffered against Iowa on Oct. 8, though that designation is open to re-evaluation later in the week. Coach Tracy Claeys said that Leidner would be able to do some light work in practice this week, but that it would be difficult to get enough work to properly prepare for the game.We put a lot more on the quarterbacks plate now than what we have in the past, and you need to practice, Claeys said. So Im not saying that he wont, but I think its extremely difficult for that.That opens the door for Rhoda, who was awarded a scholarship in the spring and has played his way up the depth chart. The long climb culminated in his first career start last week at Maryland, and he threw for 82 yards, a touchdown and no interceptions in a 31-10 victory that snapped a two-game losing streak to open Big Ten play.I felt confident and comfortable going into that one, but now after going through that whole experience and getting a win, just showing our team that I can go out there and do it and we can win a Big Ten road game with me back there, just gives me a ton of confidence, Rhoda said. I know it gives the rest of the guys confidence in me, too, so its a huge help.Making things easier on Rhoda was a strong running game, with Rodney Smith and Shannon Brooks rushing for 230 yards. It allowed Rhoda to ease into things in his first start, and with the defense dominating the Terrapins offense, Claeys said the Gophers went with a more conservative game plan.Conors capable of doing a lot more things than that, Claeys said.Rhoda was a standout at local football power Cretin-Derham Hall High School and had options once he graduated. But he wanted to play in the Big Ten, even though he was warned by coaches and family that the path from walk-on to starter would be particularly difficult for him.ddddddddddddI was told by people I consulted with when I was going through that decision my senior year of high school is that its one thing to walk on to a big ten program but its another thing to do it as a quarterback, Rhoda said. Walking on as a quarterback and trying to earn that spot is probably one of the toughest things you can do in college football because they are always going to bring in a quarterback.Once he made the decision to stay close to his family and try to make the Gophers, Minnesota coaches told him not to worry about other players who were recruited to come in and play. And even when coach Jerry Kill was forced to retire last season due to medical reasons, Rhoda said he never considered transferring.There were maybe a couple of times I think it was I wasnt necessarily happy with the situation was in, Rhoda said. I dont think I ever really truly thought hard about leaving. I love the university as a whole and my family is so close to here and all my extended family is within a half-hour of the twin cities. Its really at home for me and it is the place I wanted to be.When he took the field last week, Rhoda said he made sure to look around and soak up the moment. And it will only be better in his first home game this week.Before the game I kept walking out there and looking at the field and it was an experience that I will never forget, he said. Definitely if I get that opportunity to play this week that will be a whole other experience doing it in front of a home crowd and Im sure a bunch of my family will be able to make it and there will be that much more of an experience to be able to do it at home.---Online: AP college website: collegefootball.ap.org ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz